• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Sabldonk (Sableye)

corabed

Consistency is Key
Heres my Sabledonk list. Suggestions needed!!!!

~~Pokemon-17~~
4-Sableye (St.)(48/100)
4-Uxie (LA)(43/146)
4-Crobat G (Pl)(47/127)
4-Unown R (Retire)(LA)(77/146)
1- Unown Q (Quick)(MD)(49/100)
~~T/S/S-40~~
4-Expert Belt
4-Junk Arm
4-Super Scoop Up
4-PokeBlower
4-PokeDrawer
4-Poketurn
4-Pokedex Handy
4-Victory Medal
3-Quick Ball
2-Seeker
2- Alph Lithiograph (Look at your Prizes)
1-Luxury Ball
~~Energy-3~~
3-Special Dark

~Stategy~
Set up a Sableye with an Expert Belt and a Special Dark. Drop Crobat G's (FlashBite) on the Active Pokemon till its knocked out. Seeker your opponets bench when thet have 1-2 left. Use lots of draw power to get what you need. Crobat G/PokeBlower your opponets 2nd Active Pokemon tilll its 70 HP left and Overconfident for the game.

*Edit*
-1 Sp. Dark
-1 unown (Dark)
-2 Plus Power
+2 Pokemon Reversal
+2 Good Rod
*Edit 2*
-2 Good Rod
-2 Pokemon Reversal
-2 Unown Dark
+3 Quick Ball
+2 Alph Lithiograph (Prizes version)
+1 Unown Q

I think that's looking almost perfect. Maybe a couple of VS Seekers to re-use Seekers if you think it's needed. Also, my only other queries are:
1) How do you get the energies easily?
2) Why use PokeDrawer when there are better cards out there and ouneed 2 PokeDrawers for it to work well?
3) What does the Undaunted Unown do?

Also, you have put that there are 38 T/S/S when there are 28. Just saying.

@POKEVORTEX
I get energy by using the Undaunted Unown's Pokepower Dark. You can search your deck for a Dark or Special Dark.
What cards are better than Pokedrawer?

@corabed It depends on opinion, but I prefer Team Rocket's Trickery for draw power, and it pressurises your opponent. However, I forgot what PokeDrawer actually does when you play two, so maybe you should keep a couple.

In a deck like this, four PokeDrawer all the way. Even if you don't play double Drawers, it's still a free card off of a Trainer, and it can also be Junk Armed.

This deck is very good, but if you get no energy your screwed, so I would say you should do -1 lux ball -1 SSU and +2 Darkness Energy.

This list isn't so good. The goal of a SableDonk or of a Uxie Donk is to draw EVERY card of your deck in the first turn.
So, you'd take out alla the cards you aren't going to use in the first turn:
2 Unown DARK (you prefer to draw the energy, the Unowns are often bad starts and dead draw)
3 Expert belt (you're going to use just one, why four?)
2 Warp Point (Unown Q is better)
1 Seeker (you're going to win during your first turn: one Seeker is enough)
3 Special Dark (the same of Seeker)

And put instead:
1 Victory Medal (4x is a must)
2 PlusPower (4x is a must)
1 Unown Q (better than Warp Point and searchable)
1 Alph Litograph FOUR (so, if you don't have Seeker/Energy for example, you can look at your prize cards and, after a KO with some Flash Bites, you draw the card you need)
3 Quick Ball (every pokemon immediately)
3 Dusk Ball (every pokemon immediately)

Hope I helped guy!

@Balboa
The list is okay... :( But your right you are supposed to draw every card on turn 1
I just put an extra Victory medal in now anyway.
I was thinking about unown Q. Thanks!
Don't need Pluspower they don't work propally anymore.

@Phenomenon
Theres enough energy if to much.

@POKEVORTEX
If I use Team Rockets Trickery I can't use Seeker.

This is how Sabldonk should work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JHOqFi9Yf0 (Skip to the game)

You dont need pluspower in Sabledonk.
Since you need to flash bite the opponents pokemon 10 damage lower then you and then you have sp dark.
Exmp: Flash bite ambipom G to 70 damage, attach e-belt, attach sp dark. = you at 80 HP and opponent at 70.
Pluspowers are only needed when you have only normal nrg.

2 Expert Belt maximum! You'll win t1, no need for several copies....

2/3 Expert Belt is good for a little extra insurance (the same goes for the 2 Seeker) just in case you can't draw enough.

I say keep them in. They're good Junk Arm bait once you get them again anyway.

I love how people think the goal of this deck is to DRAW EVERY SINGLE CARD OMG LOL. The goal of the deck is to donk. Period. If that means you have to draw the whole deck, then so be it, you should be able to (it's not hard). But most of the time, given the field, you just need a Seeker, a Special Dark and a Crobat drop. In certain circumstances that's not possible, sure. But the deck is not hard to donk at all and it doesn't always need to draw every single card, definitely not.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
2/3 Expert Belt is good for a little extra insurance (the same goes for the 2 Seeker) just in case you can't draw enough.

I say keep them in. They're good Junk Arm bait once you get them again anyway.

I love how people think the goal of this deck is to DRAW EVERY SINGLE CARD OMG LOL. The goal of the deck is to donk. Period. If that means you have to draw the whole deck, then so be it, you should be able to (it's not hard). But most of the time, given the field, you just need a Seeker, a Special Dark and a Crobat drop. In certain circumstances that's not possible, sure. But the deck is not hard to donk at all and it doesn't always need to draw every single card, definitely not.

dmaster out.

Yeah but.. which are the advantages of playing 2/3/4 E-Belts, knowing you'll play just one of them?
The same for the second Seeker and the other 3 energies...

P.S.: it's not just my conception of SableDonk, but also the one of Josh Wittenkeller (you can see his video about SableDonk on 6P... that's incredible).

I saw his video and I know how the deck works. It only needs to draw what it needs and extra copies are not bad to play at all, especially if there's really nothing else you need in the deck.

dmaster out.

I know it is haha. You can do so with your build the way it already is. There's really no way you can improve the Sabledonk build in general. There's really no variation and no way to make it "better" at what it already does.

dmaster out.

Just about, it's hard to draw every card though. I keep on drying up about half way through deck. But it did beat Steelix (Non Prime), Machamp (with Spiritomb) and a Beutifly deck. But there must be ways to make it better, my version at least, it's pretty much just an edited Shuppet Donk.

corabed said:
Just about, it's hard to draw every card though. I keep on drying up about half way through deck. But it did beat Steelix (Non Prime), Machamp (with Spiritomb) and a Beutifly deck. But there must be ways to make it better, my version at least, it's pretty much just an edited Shuppet Donk.

cutting down to 2 dark and 2 belts wouldnt be a bad idea
its still a safe number, and if by chance both or prized, you can use alph to make sure you get it when you kill something
dropping down to 3 crobats or uxies is an idea, but if you like 4 its ok, thats more of a personal preference

but a few cards you can add are dual ball and pokemon rescue, dual ball has a pretty decent chance of letting you search your deck for at least one pokemon

rescues allow you to replay unown r and draw more cards

other than that, when i first played a turbo donk deck i had a similar problem. i just kept running out of draw power. but i found out it just takes a bit of practice to run, you have to make sure that you always know how you will draw more cards

so my biggest piece of advice is just practice, you will get better at playing it after a little while. like dmaster said it can do it the way it is now. but you still might find a few ways to tweak it to make it keep the draw up easier

Thanks, I heard about Dual ball in Sabldonk so I might put it in, dunno about Pokemon Rescue though I run out of Bench Space pretty quickly so it would be a waste of card space.

Back