Running the Gauntlet.

Klinklang gets completely mauled by Garchomp. It would never even be able to get an attacking Pokemon out.

dmaster said:
Klinklang no doubt a lot weaker post-Rotation but I think it deserves a (small) spot in testing. One (possibly only) advantage the deck has over Hydreigon is that it isn't susceptible to Garchomp hitting for weakness on it. It can also run a little wider range of attackers.

dmaster out.
I actually played this matchup a lot when Garchomp/Altaria was hyped up. Klinklang actually did worse than Hydregion against it because Garchomp could still OHKO Klinklang with two Altaria in play. And after it went down, I couldn't do much. Darkrai/Sableye/Dark Patch, on the other hand, is a great strategy even without a Hydregion in play. It also lets the deck be more aggressive than Klinklang can be if it doesn't have Klinklang out. Hydregion actually beats Garchomp/Altaria most of the time, just because the deck can't deal with a swarm of Darkai. Klinklang's just dead now. Free retreat from Darkai is also incredibly valuable.

Ok some very early (one weekend) testing impressions:

1) Eels /Raikou/Tornadous EX – So far Still our favorit.
2)Zekeels or Eelbox seems more apt, it is one of the few decks in this format/environment that can really run Techs efficiently.
3)RayEels - ok when this does get set up fast enough HOLY Friholies!! Six straight OHKO coming right up.
4)Darkrai/Hydrudgion – I must be doing it wrong I mean yes I see that it is a really good deck but by no means unbeatable, often it seems to be in tight games.
5)Darkrai and friends/Hammertime Help I REALLY need a good list please.
6) Garchomp/Altera- This deck just feels weird to play, having to evolve everything. But its solid.
7) Terrakion EX/Terrakion – one word: Consistent. Yes it dies hard to Shaymin EX but I would suggest testing against this for any deck it will show if your deck is up to snuff.
8) Garbodor/Terrakion – wow it makes for a different game, very glad we are testing against it.
9) Empolion – not much to say yet but But stunfisk is funny
10) Mewtwo/Gardevore/Siglyph –this deck is kind of fun and pretty good, try it out at least to test against, it can do massive damage and is pretty consistent
11) Ninetales/Amongus – If you like frustrating your opponent this is the deck for you, UNLESS you like to win as well. I am sorry but 130 damage max will not protect you from the fact that EVERY pokemon in the deck gets OHKOed.
12)Accelgor/MewEX/Gothitell - Again I must be doing something wrong because my deck has too many pokemon (20) and not enough of anything else to ever get set up.
13) Entei/Blissy – I reallt think Blissy is terrible and 2 Bouffalant DEX and 3 potions are much better. Entei is… OK, I really wish his first attack was a little better.
14) Ho-oh/Tornadous- I hate coin flips, And I hate having to “set up” a basic only deck. You know what this deck has taught me? Tornadous EX is pretty good.
15) Rayboar- I hadent included it in my list because I hadn’t intended to build it for this. Mostly because I already built it before the prerelease to see if I could do anything with it. Then we found it in the box and figured what the hell. I gotta say its better than a third of the decks on my list. I call my build MBBS (Making the Best of a Bad Situation). Its the best competitive test deck, If your deck isn’t better than this forget it.

After building all of these and playing most, I have to say if anyone wanted to do this on a less insane scale, these are the decks I suggest running 1) Rayeels: a very streamlined techless version, You never know what you could face when against Eelboxes so this one is good to test against because of the sheer OHKO ability if you can beat this reliably then you are doing OK. 2) Darkrai / Hydigion- obviously 3)Garbodor – it requires enough of a different tactic that its good to get practice. 4) TerrakionEX/ Terrakion – this deck is as consistent as they come and no wimp. If you want to add Mewtwo you could. I think this deck gives a better battle then Entei, Empolion, Ninetales, Ho-oh or Garchomp. 5)Accelgor- but someone elses build.

Rather than using Blissey you could attempt to use Serperior (BW) and Reuniclus. It takes up a lot of space, but once set up, it's just a monster.

Martini said:
Rather than using Blissey you could attempt to use Serperior (BW) and Reuniclus. It takes up a lot of space, but once set up, it's just a monster.

healing was only part of the reason I tried Blissey, its main purpose is as a Siglyph counter. And as a healer Serperior would be way to slow, both as a stage 2 and at only 10 health a turn. And Reuniclus is just too fragile at 90hp for anther stage 2 hes just catcher/Raikou bait.
I do appreciate the suggestion but I am happy with Bouffalant he has actually surprised me in a couple of decks.

Back