DPPt/HGSS Rules with Cheating Devices (read after you make your thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, what if you just catch one with a cheat, and there is nothing different about it?

What if I backed up my save file and used Pokésav to check the IVs of my Pokémon? I'm assuming that this wouldn't count as cheating, because I'm not actually modifying them in any way.

But more importantly, what about checking IVs of eggs using this method? There's an AR cheat for that too, and it doesn't affect the Pokémon in any way...

Finally, checking the personality value of Pokémon. This can only be done with Pokésav, and again, doesn't affect the Pokémon itself. However, it can be used to check whether an unhatched egg will be shiny when it hatches. Would this be allowed (obviously stating in your thread that this was used)?

EDIT: Just to make clear, none of these things involve modifying Pokémon or any data, just looking at it.

It's when you go to the Elite Four, with Aaron, then go Underground. Hope I helped.^_^

Quick question...
Is making a wild pokemon's nature different cheating?
It is an encounter code but I don't know if this counts as the stats...

I don't think this counts as hacking cause it goes way out of the way. so what I do is I pokesav the pokemon i want with legit stats, and moveset and then breed it with either a ditto or a duplicate of itself. That way I still go through Iv breeding and Ev training. It just gets you better IV's with a good nature faster. I don't think that counts as cheating right?

and also, this has always irritated me that some people don't believe that legit hacks are possible. yes, I do create legit hacks via pokesav only because I have nearly no time to EV train and IV breed thanks to school and such.

As long as the pokemon you create has legitimate stats, IV's, and movesets that are obtainable in game without the use of external devices should be allowed use without warning the opponent, ONLY, if a judge or supervisor of the tournament who is not partaking in the tournament, checks the stats, IV's, and movesets are legitimate and give no advantage whatsoever above the opponent.

I think that sounds fair. Am I right?

RE: Rules with Cheating Devices

Water Pokémon Master said:
You need to specify your situation.

Cheating in general is using any other device on a Pokemon game, other than the cartridge and the gaming system. What we tolerate is the question. And yes, if you do ANYTHING to a Pokemon that you cannot do with JUST the cartridge and the system (Emerald glitch included), you MUST specify and let others know when you put it up for trade or battle. If you did not capture it naturally or raised it with the aid of things you cannot do with just the game, you must specify. If you just captured it with a cheated Masterball, no one will care, since it was not something that enhanced the Pokemon, but merely made the process quicker. People will care if you altered the Pokemon's IVs, then captured it.

So no E-Reader huh?

Quick question.I have an m3.Which is kinda like ar but most definately not cheating.It has already been stated that you can use encounter codes.It is just speeding up the process.You are also allowed to use 999 masterballs.
But my question is can you use 999 rare candys?Im guessing you can.

I am concerned. One of my pokemon a shiny gardevoir has been accused of being a hack more than once. It is definitly legit because I caught it as a shiny ralts in emerald and transported it from there to platinum and from there into soul silver. Is there any way I can solve this problem because I am sick of it being considered a hack. Its stats are perfectly normal as well.

RE: Rules with Cheating Devices

Water Pokémon Master said:
Cheating for Pokemon, as we define it, is enhancing a Pokemon with a cheating device and doing so unfairly. If you use an encounter code, that's fine. You are not altering the Pokemon, you just want to find it faster - in essence, you are just speeding up the process. Cheating would be altering its IVs or attacks, then capturing it, then raising it. That is cheating, and it is not tolerated. The whole point to Pokemon is raising these creatures. Skipping that process is cheating.

i think the whole point is catching them. the phrase it gotta catch em all not gotta raise them all.

Sleeper said:
I am concerned. One of my pokemon a shiny gardevoir has been accused of being a hack more than once. It is definitly legit because I caught it as a shiny ralts in emerald and transported it from there to platinum and from there into soul silver. Is there any way I can solve this problem because I am sick of it being considered a hack. Its stats are perfectly normal as well.

Just tell them that you caught it on emerald. It will say 'arrived from hoen At -insert level here', which means you legitly caught it on one of the older games.

If you want, ask people why they think it's hacked, and then explain why it isn't.

Clarify, please. If I used a cheat code to get a Pokémon, say, Rayquaza, but only to GET it, CATCH it, and not enhance it in any way, would that count as cheating?

No, because you did not enhace it's stats
Though you should still inform the person you traded with that you did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back