Rules question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroManiac

Bloods for Life- So if you banging
Didn't know if this was the right section, but who cares.

I'd like to make a signature for myself but it has a "curse word"

Its gonna be based on a song by T.I. called "Hell of a life", thats the text that will be included in my signature/banner, just wondering if that was fine.

I would assume not, we have members under 10 and using a curseword is something they might not want to see.

@Guy89 yes we do have members under 13.But they will be exposed to these words sooner or later.However I to assume not.

COPPA laws state you have to be at least 13 or have your parent's permission to join an internet forum. If you are under 13 and you join an internet forum, you are hereby accepting the fact that you either have your parent's permission or you are willing to be exposed to PG-13 and over content.

The problem I see, is not with a young member, but with an adult who feels youth should not be exposed to profanity. There may be a member who has not been exposed to such language, but I doubt it. There are many adults who think all youth are innocent. Those adults are the ones who complain to the powers that be.

Yes some of my jr.'s at my school are coming to these forums (I told them to come) so such content would be bad for them and my reputation to the kids parents. IMO we are on a childrens series forum and we do not need that content

It depends. It is not necessarily a curse word. If it is used as a place, it isn't a swear word. If it is used differently then a place, it is a curse word.

Half of middle schoolers watch Jersey Shore, that's worse then me having hell as a curse word in my banner... And any 5 year old that has a xbox with live, swears like a sailor

Personally, from what I've seen, it's better to be safe and think of something else (and it is POSSIBLE to think of something else), because the word is censored for a reason (so we say).

Well I can't re-write the song, and that's on of the clean parts... And ya'll would take offense to "Livin one hell of a life", but not by thing under my username "Bloods for Life-So if you banging" which comes from the song We be steady mobbing by Lil' Wayne... So really half of the 7 year olds in this world have dropped the f-bomb face it

You have "shiznit" in your signature, and you're asking for permission to use the word hell?

Jeez. Just do it already. I oughta kill you for the shiznit but if you promise to remove it I won't flay you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back