RS-on

esperante

started there, now i'm at the bottom
It's come to my attention that there's going to be a side tournament at worlds that runs in a format consisting of EX: Ruby/Sapphire all the way to Platinum: Rising Rivals. I, personally, think this is an amazing format, and really opens up a lot of potential for ridiculous combos that many thought would never see the light of day. It also gives fanboys of past superdecks such as GG with DRE/Scramble, LBS, and Magma to have their one final chance in the sun. However, I don't think it will be possible for one solid build of a past deck to take everything. Because of the incredibly large card base, it's simply impossible to make a deck that can counter EVERYTHING. So, in light of that, what combos do you think will show real power in this sort of a format? I know there are a number of different ideas I'll be trying out before I can settle on one.

yeah I saw this on pokegym, they also said something about this being the new unlimited format :/

Wow that RS-on sounds like a fun idea, would be nice if they started doing something like that after worlds. Unfortunately i whave no idea what kind of deck would be viable in that kind of format but it does open up ALOT of options especially with the use of DP-on cards.

Yes! I didn't buy Magcargo ex for nothing! XD

Dr.empoleon said:
Man Plox with the additions of older cards... BROKEN!!!!! Man I will hate this :(

FAR from the best deck available in the format, dialga G with Cess crystal far outclasses that, and its probably not the best deck around either.

Well, this sounds really fun, unfortunately my collection from the ex series is pretty poor. Oh well, there's like a 5% chance I'm even going to worlds lol.

I'll probably make up a fun rouge deck to play as I wasn't playing until HP-on. I barely have any cards from RS-HP and have no clue what combos are there. =S

Ohh, Windstorm to get rid of Unown G. GeChamp could use that. ;o This sounds like TONS of fun. I wish I could try it out, even if I have no idea what kinds of decks are the best.

dmaster out.

you should use GG with quick search pidgeot and a holon/uxie engine.
sounds fun idk about good though.

LBS coming back one last time.....
That would be awesome. Maybe a Rocket's Mewtwo EX and maybe Plox,Dialga G,Team Magma, and Eeveelutions again. I want to go just for the side event! Infercatty might be used too.

if i was gonna go to this event, thats very far away from me, i know exactly what deck i would run. a Magcargo/Ludicolo deck with Manectric.
Ludicolo have a power where u can pick one extra card each turn from your deck. Magcargo have a power that says u can search your deck for any card you want and put it on top of your deck.
i just say, THATS FREAKIN AMAZING!! And then with Manectric as holding my bench its unbetable.
Ludicolo as 2 attacker and then add something really strong beside that. Thats awesome. I would love to play that format!!

Wow, this actually seems like a great idea. With the comeback of several old combos, I can see a much more diverse format.

Not to mention that Unown G just virtually becomes useless. >_<

ghoztmazta1 said:
if I was gonna go to this event, thats very far away from me, I know exactly what deck I would run. a Magcargo/Ludicolo deck with Manectric.
Ludicolo have a power where u can pick one extra card each turn from your deck. Magcargo have a power that says u can search your deck for any card you want and put it on top of your deck.
I just say, THATS FREAKIN AMAZING!! And then with Manectric as holding my bench its unbetable.
Ludicolo as 2 attacker and then add something really strong beside that. Thats awesome. I would love to play that format!!

Why set a stage 2 and a stage 1 up as well as another stage 1 for backup when you can just use Pidgeot to search the card directly. Then you can actually afford to play a solid attacker.

Well, People won't like this, but Plox has a great chance to be BDIF in this. Also, so does Rhyeprior, Blaze Ex/Heatran Lv. x.
Electrode Ex/Hippowdon LV. X has a good chance too if made right.

Rummage said:
Well, People won't like this, but Plox has a great chance to be BDIF in this. Also, so does Rhyeprior, Blaze Ex/Heatran Lv. x.
Electrode Ex/Hippowdon LV. X has a good chance too if made right.

shhhhhhh rhyperior is a beast deck they're not supposed to know! ;)

The event is on Friday. And I'm invited for Worlds. =(

But yeah, I wished I could play in it too. Sure I'll run into loads of weird cards I've never seen but it'll be fun. :D

d master342 said:
Ohh, Windstorm to get rid of Unown G. GeChamp could use that. ;o This sounds like TONS of fun. I wish I could try it out, even if I have no idea what kinds of decks are the best.

dmaster out.

I second this Big Time. ;O

Jolteon ex +Jolteon*+Britneys+SSU = PWN. It's a shame that most likely, whoever goes second in this tourney will win. I think they should do this kind of stuff more often. It's good for players who can't keep up with modern cards.

Back