• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Rotation Deck Ideas

Theory isn't bad, but too much isn't good either. Things tend to not work out as planned. For example, look at Durant: It is a 70 HP basic pokemon that has zero offensive presence and wins by discarding 4 cards per turn. It might be able to boost it's HP to 100 through Special Metal and Eviolite. When facing a 60 card deck it seems impossible to win because all your opponent has to do is kill 6 of those things. But as it turns out it works. Theoretically Durant shouldn't be a deck, much less win tournaments, but somehow it does.

you can still run a mewtwo ex- darkrai ex deck after rotation. 8 high hp basics giving your deck a lot of room, free retreat when you have dark energy attached to it, and the possibility of donking at turn 1.

I can't see Darkrai/Other EX's working in BW-On. With only 4 Dark Patches and no Junk Arm it will be hard to power up more than two Darkrais a game, and Mewtwo isn't an option every game. Sableye/Darkrai could work since Sableye can get back Crushing Hammers AND Dark Patches.

Sableye is amazing next format. Catcher annoys ur oponent a lot. Average switch amount is 2-3. Keep cycling catchers and hammers and wam, your opponent will be stuck.
Therefore, hammertime will be great nxt format.

As to the mathematical odds, here's some math:
60 Cards in deck, 6 prizes. That means there are 60!6 possible prize combinations, or in other words 60x59x58x57x56x55.
This comes out to 36,045,979,200 different possible prize combinations.

Now, in order to figure out how many of them DON'T have a durant prized, we simply reduce the number of possible cards from 60 to 56, and run 56!6, or 56x55x54x53x52x51.
This comes out to 23,377,273,920 different ways to prize WITHOUT PRIZING a Durant.

This means that there are 12,668,705,280 different prize combinations that include at least one Durant. That comes out to about 35.146% of the time, at least one durant will be prized. That's OVER ONE THIRD OF THE TIME! And people say the deck isn't dead after losing Rotom...

I think you may have calculated that with the formula for when order does matter. If you did (and you may have done it correctly, I'm not sure), you should use the one for when order doesn't matter. The formula for when order does matter would count different arrangements of the same group of prized cards as seperate combinations.

That math is wrong, it is guaranteed that you will have a Durant in your starting hand, because that is the only basic the deck runs. Plus, there is a chance that you get two Durant in the opening hand.

Oh god oh god I just took Advanced Algebra and Trigonometry, ummmmm Permutations and Combinations?

GHJamesGH said:
That math is wrong, it is guaranteed that you will have a Durant in your starting hand, because that is the only basic the deck runs. Plus, there is a chance that you get two Durant in the opening hand.

Oh god oh god I just took Advanced Algebra and Trigonometry, ummmmm Permutations and Combinations?
you have the exact same chances of having 2 durants in your opening hand as you do of having one prized

never the less the math is wrong, but its still far to likely for it to happen for it to have any real success when you also have to take into account the lack of cards that can search it out now

i doubt level ball and ultra ball will be enough considering they each can only grab 1 durant.

cannonballkuriboh said:
As to the mathematical odds, here's some math:
60 Cards in deck, 6 prizes. That means there are 60!6 possible prize combinations, or in other words 60x59x58x57x56x55.
This comes out to 36,045,979,200 different possible prize combinations.

Now, in order to figure out how many of them DON'T have a durant prized, we simply reduce the number of possible cards from 60 to 56, and run 56!6, or 56x55x54x53x52x51.
This comes out to 23,377,273,920 different ways to prize WITHOUT PRIZING a Durant.

This means that there are 12,668,705,280 different prize combinations that include at least one Durant. That comes out to about 35.146% of the time, at least one durant will be prized. That's OVER ONE THIRD OF THE TIME! And people say the deck isn't dead after losing Rotom...
1 Durant prized doesn't mean you autolose, 2 is where you really can't make it. Now I wouldn't run a straight Durant deck, but some people seem to think that's the only way one can play Durant..

Not just Hammertime, Darkrai/Sableye/Anything Else is good, my DarkKrooks deck runs two Sableye, and those have won me games. A clutch junk hunt to get a catcher and dark patch helps a lot late game.

Straight Durant is dead in the next format, Durant/Aggron on the other hand isn't. Even with two prized Durant, if you have two in play, and drop Aggron, you're taking 5 cards right there. If you drop two Aggron and have three Durant (not likely) you can mill a little more than a third of their deck (after taking out the starting hand, prizes and three draw cards, energy, and two three card devours into consideration, deck should be at around 34 cards.) so they'll end up somewhere at >35 possibly >30 cards left in there deck before you account for the two Aggron and three card devour. The matchups get worse late game when you run out of De-Evolution spray. But by then, they shouldn't have many, if at all any deck left.

You can also run Mew EX with Durant to have a 120 HP durant that also has an Eviolite, which is an effective 140 HP Durant.

Or they go aggro Garchomp and take 2 prizes. Mew EX giving up the extra prize makes it not worth it. Or aggro Sigilyph, for Hydreigon.

If they bring up mewtwo, I'll just hammer the crap out of them and have resistance with Durant.

I'm fine if you go aggro Garchomp, go ahead and discard two cards from your deck.

I'd be fine with trading 2 cards for an extra prize. That's two cards less than I would lose if I didn't use that attack.

Darkrai/Hydreigon for worlds! I currently run Darkrai/Klingklang and i have to say it is super consistent. If you have a bunch of damage on a pokemon you Shift Gear the energy to a different pokemon and Max Potion for no cost. The problem is that rainbow energy is gone so i will use Blend energys for the multiple EX's. Junk Arm is a small loss but it can still keep up with big name Decks including: Quad Entei, Raieels, Darkrai/Tornadus, Darkrai/Terrakion and Zekeels. Concider Giving it a try 0_0 :):):):):):):):):):)

Hydregion Dark Trance won't be legal for worlds, but Rainbow Energy and Junk Arm will be....

I really dig the idea of Gardevoir/ Cresselia EX. Cresselia doesn't have weakness after it uses its attack, and with Gardevoir, it'll only take 2 Psychic energy to build that up. This deck won't be possible to even build until a few months from now, but I like the idea of it and it could become meta.

Back