Robot's EPIC Prerelease

Robot

HOENN CONFIRMED
The Prerelease

Okay, this is what I've been waiting a month for. I was standing in line, holding my 25 dollars. I finally get to the front and pay. I write down my name, POP ID, birthdate, and that I'd like Packs. Perfect.

About half an hour later, the packs get passed out. Here we go. On the very first pack, Thunderus FA. I nearly screamed after getting junk all last Prerelease. Next pack, I pull a rev-holo Terrakion, also great. Then I wind up getting Krookodile, Catcher, holo Thunderus, and a few more great cards, awesome. I then start to build my deck. I'm pretty sure it went like this:

2-2-1 Krookodile
2-1 Excadrill
2 Sawk
2 Throh
2-1 Liepard
2-1 Zoroark
1-1 Watchog
2 Cheren
1 Great Ball

And the rest Dark and Fighting Energies. I then see the standingsfor Round 1 get posted on the soda machine in the corner. It's time.

Round 1 VS Mark (Grass/Steel) (0-0)

Just a note, I'm not good with names. I think Mark was his name, but it could of been something different.

I forget what happened, but I remember loosing. Next round goes up onto the soda machine.

Round 2 VS ??? (Fighting/Water) (0-1)

Okay, so I forgot this guy's name, so we'll call him Bob for now. So, I start with a Zorua as my Active, and on the bench, Purrloin and Sandile. He has only a Roggenrolla up. I start attacking with Zorua, but then he eventually KO'd me when he evolved into Boldore. Next turn he OHKO's my Purrloin. Then he evolves into Gigalith and yet again, OHKO's. Bob wins.

Round 3 VS Emily (Grass) (0-2)

What's this? Right before every round they have a random drawing for a pack of that set. For once I won! Pulled junk from that pack, though. Then the standings go up.

So, I have to battle this little girl (I think) named Emily. So, she gets no basics in her hand, THREE times, so I get to draw three cards. She then gets a lone Cottonee, which she uses to spam Cotton Guard. I wind up winning with my Zorua anyways.

Afterwards:

So, I wind up going 1-2, not the best but not the worst. In my final two packs, both of the rares are Thunderus holos. I decide from then-on that they are lucky, and sleeved them. And that also boosted me to 4 Thunderus, I wish that they were even the slightest bit better.

So, I also brought along my Donphan and Kingdra Prime that I wanted to trade. I really had no use for them. I traded them to a guy for a Zekrom holo (I need to for my BW set and I'm also trying to build ZPS) and a Reshiram FA. Awesome.

I ask my dad if I could stay for the Draft, but he said that it would be better if we didn't. I also found out that we weren't allowed to buy the extra EP packs. Luckily, the comic book store that it was held in also sold regular packs. I got 2 packs of BW and got Cinccino, rev holo Cincinno, Juniper, and rev holo Juniper. Pretty good. I don't own any TCG dice, so I also bought some assorted colors of dice for 5 dollars. Pretty cool, but then we head for home, and here I am.

I had a great time and got great cards, what's not to like about it?

Nice stuff! Sounds like your pulls were better than your matches.
I also got a RH Juniper and an RH Cinccino in the same session. And I think that PT16 (YouTuber) did too. Wow, they're born to be together.
I see that your deck consistency wasnt amazing. I found the same with mine, really. Although I went 2-1 anyway.
I'm pretty happy with mine and I'll probably add a report tomorrow.
I came out with 9 RHs, 17 rares and a bunch of Trainers. So, good pulls all round.

Nice pulls!

Now that I think about it, I may have gotten my RH Cinccino and RH Juniper together too. Odd.

Though they may not be Zekroms, pulling 4 Thundurus was quite the feat. Not the best holos in the set, certainly not the worst either.
Congrats on that and how you did.

Thanks guys.

Also, I forgot to add this, but in my deck I also ran 2-1 Excadrill.

I'll also edit in some more stuff later, too.

And just in-case anybody is thinking 'was I here?', I was the guy with the binder and Arceus tin. And I was wearing a black shirt with grey drawings of shark teeth on it.

I hope that you played that Pokemon Catcher that you pulled. :p

Nice job on the Thundurus. I, too, am plagued with the bad luck of pulling two at my own last Sunday (one regular holo, one reverse holo). And who knows, I could pull more tomorrow at my second one haha.

dmaster out.

Back