'Roaring Skies' Booster Pack, Theme Deck, and Blister Pack Images! [2/12]

OMG Mega Gallade!! Can't wait to see what the card looks like. Also, whoever did the art on the booster packs is amazing! They all look really good.

At the rate we're getting info, we're gonna have scans up in March! :p
Mega Gallade *O*
I'm officially hyped for this set. Mega Rayquaza and Mega Gallade...how nice ^.^

I'm very okay with Mega Gallade. I wonder if it will be fighting or psychic. Personally my guess is fighting type while Mega Latios is will be psychic. Then we have a dragon and a colorless Mega Rayquaza to round it off,

Theme decks look nice, too bad Moltres isn't part of it but with two theme decks I guess there had to be a loss somewhere. I would however be willing to be that Moltres is part of the Roaring Skies set.

Not surprised there's an Elite Trainer Box. Except for Flashfire we've had one through the entire XY era,

Yes, one of the blister packs has the fighting Pangoro. About time, :)

I am very pleased by this. I honestly think Articuno and Zapdos might be good cards since starter decks have improved lately. As for Moltres, I feel like it's in the set and will probably be included in one of the decks.

I agree it will be in the set. Will it be in one of the decks? Possibly, but only as a rare and not as a shattered holo like Articuno and Zapdos. Poor Moltres :(

I can imagine no Moltres. PCL does it all the time, not including full pairs/trios.

Pikachu6319 said:
I'm very okay with Mega Gallade. I wonder if it will be fighting or psychic. Personally my guess is fighting type while Mega Latios is will be psychic. Then we have a dragon and a colorless Mega Rayquaza to round it off,

Theme decks look nice, too bad Moltres isn't part of it but with two theme decks I guess there had to be a loss somewhere. I would however be willing to be that Moltres is part of the Roaring Skies set.

Not surprised there's an Elite Trainer Box. Except for Flashfire we've had one through the entire XY era,

Yes, one of the blister packs has the fighting Pangoro. About time, :)

It is kind of odd that Moltres is left out, but I can understand how annoying it could be to do 3 theme deck, considering how the displays are wider for sets with 3 theme decks, and I don't think they want to do something like that again.

I could say this is exactly like the ex Dragon Frontiers theme decks. We have a psychic Typhlosion, a lightning Feraligatr, but no fighting Meganium, although fighting Meganium is indeed in the set, there was no theme deck featuring that card.

Articuno's deck better have Fairy in it, well because that is the only combination we haven't seen yet. Well fine, any combination with Fairy in it, except Grass and Psychic are combinations we haven't seen before.

Zapdos's deck better have Grass in it. When was the last time a theme deck was a Grass Lightning combination?

Here is a list of the latest set with a theme deck with lightning energy in them + another energy type.

Lightning Grass - ex Delta Species
Lightning Fire - XY Flashfire
Lightning Water - XY Phantom Forces
Lightning Psychic - Platinum Arceus
Lightning Fighting - XY Primal Clash
Lightning Darkness - Black and White Next Destinies
Lightning Metal - Black and White Noble Victories
Lightning Fairy - Never (There is no need to rush this one)

It's about time we got that ancient trait Regirock. It's a great 1 of in Aromatisse variants.

So I guess I was proven wrong about the Roaring Skies upload. I guess I was just skeptical because I wasn't pleased with Thundurus and Hydreigon as EX's, and Latios on his own was too fishy.

Mega Gallade is a choice I don't really care about, but I'm currently really confused. So far, we've never had 3 Mega EX's at a time in a Japanese set, so it seems like Latios/Gallade is some kind of promo Mega.

Articuno & Zapdos in the theme decks? Rayquaza and Deoxys on booster pack artwork? Thundurus-EX? Zekrom confirmed? Yeah, this set is probably going to be themed around Mirage Spots.

I'm honestly concered that this set might end up ruining the perfect metagame known as XY-on. Since this set will defenitely revolve around Legendaries, there will be no doubt that we'll be seing a truckload of OP Basics. Also, there is always the chance that our format might be PLB-on, because of many reasons. Lugia-EX reprint, the fact that most staple trainers were reprinted in PLB, and the fact that XY-on would make too many budget decks playable. The Pokemon Company is (in)famous for consistently making thier metagames expensive, and I doubt they would resort to XY-on if that means that 40% of the top decks won't have EX's.

Someone mentioned this is another thread that I thought was poignant, but XY5 had 2 Megas and both Primals, and Primals are are basically the same thing as Megas (and were even given the exact same treatment as the XY5 Megas with the UR FAs), so it's not much of a stretch to imagine 4 Megas in a Japanese set, but it's still too early to know for sure.

It seems like Roaring Skies will be my newxt favorite set. After the not-so-succesful Primal Clash it will be much better. I'm talking about the merchandise around the sets, not actually about the content of the set. I mean – the only real promo card in this set was actually Ditto and we obtained only Gallade EX, while in next set, it will be at least Regirock and Pangoro as real promos ands MEGA Absol EX, although that means, I probably don't get it (Abols and M Absol), because in my country is a big problem to get other products besides the main product like Booster box, packs and Theme decks. There are Tins, 3-pack blisters and Check-lane blister also included, but problem is with Launch Kits, Premium Collections and another stuff. Nevermind, at least some chance exists and I'm still hyped for next expansion.

Still hoping for Paras/Parasect cards to be there or at least Seel-line or Goldden (at best all three :D), although it'll be built 'round dragon types… maybe we'll see Mega Ampharos, who knows…

Heres the current run down

Rayquaza EX x2
Gallade EX
Latios EX
Hydreigon EX
Thundurus EX

M Rayquaza x2
M Gallade
M Latios

That leaves 1 yet-to-be-revealed EX. Based on the fact that it's a sky based set, i wouldn't be surprised to see things like Togekiss EX, Talonflame EX, Crobat EX, Archeops EX or Braviary EX.

Also, i think that Gallade will be psychic to keep the fighting meta from getting out of control, Latios will be a dragon and Hydreigon will be dark and weak to fairy. The reasoning on Hydreigon is that they've never done more than 3 EXs of a given type in one set in the XY era and M Rayquaza and Latios/M Latios makes 3.

@TJed73

When it says 11 Pokemon-EX, it's including Megas. So, there's only 1 we don't know of yet thus far. A lot of people are assuming it to be Blaziken-EX, and that sounds right.

@NotSeen

The chance of Mega Ampharos is zero. We already know that the 4 Megas will be Colorless Rayquaza (stupid), Dragon Rayquaza (better), Gallade, and Latios. I do think that Ampharos could appear in the set, but defenitely not as an EX.

GadgetJax said:
@TJed73

When it says 11 Pokemon-EX, it's including Megas. So, there's only 1 we don't know of yet thus far. A lot of people are assuming it to be Blaziken-EX, and that sounds right.

Ah, i missed that detail. I wouldn't be surprised with Blaziken either, but I still think my other guesses could be right too.

Am I the only one who noticed the flock of Wingull flying behind M-Latios? I think it's a cute little nod to the sky encounters :3

From seeing Articuno, Zapdos, and M Gallade EX, I can definitely see Moltres, Lugia, and Ho-Oh being in this set. They might also give us Fairy-type Ralts, Kirlia, and Gardevoir, too.

Thinking now, it actually makes PERFECT sense that Mega Latios is here without Mega Latias. Why? Because Mega Latios shares the EXACT SAME DESIGN with Mega Latias!

Back