'Rising Fist' Officially Announced, Several Cards Revealed! [5/14]

I'm not crazy about fighting types, and I couldn't care less about Lucario (I know lots of people love him, sorry).
Zygarde and Machamp would be awesome EXs, I think.
So would Pongoro.

I just noticed one fact: If the first XY set was aimed to support especially Fairy types, second set for Fire types and third will be supportizing Fighting types, they get alphabetically. That means, that next set could be either Electric (if we call these types as electric) or Grass (if we call them Lightning); whaddya think?

Water Pokémon Master: If so, then it'd be really great, if they make Alakazam / Gengar combo, although it is more possible to make both Mewtwo's there… I only like the “Mewish” one…

NotSeen said:
Water Pokémon Master: If so, then it'd be really great, if they make Alakazam / Gengar combo, although it is more possible to make both Mewtwo's there… I only like the “Mewish” one…

I'm waiting rather impatiently for M Gengar :D

Water Pokémon Master said:
I have a feeling the next set will be Psychic...

I hope it's dark; Houndoom and T-Tar.

So many megas. The gotta start doing more than 2 a set.

Electric needs to happen. Mega Ampharos and Mega Scizor would be dream come true! Or, of course, they could Manectric, but I don't really care, as long as we see some tier 1 Electric cards!

NotSeen said:
I just noticed one fact: If the first XY set was aimed to support especially Fairy types, second set for Fire types and third will be supportizing Fighting types, they get alphabetically. That means, that next set could be either Electric (if we call these types as electric) or Grass (if we call them Lightning); whaddya think?

Wouldn't Fighting be before Fire.... alphabetically? :p

Agreed. They need to release cards that can outmaneuver previous releases and Psychic would be able to accomplish this. Further, it would be a great opportunity to emphasize Mega Mewtwo X/Y. *Fingers crossed*

If the Fighting type cards in Furious Fist are really good, then making a Psychic set would be a good way to balance them out. But it might be better to hold off on the Psychic set so that the Fighting guys get a decent amount of time being playable before they get stomped out of the format by all the Psychic decks.

tigre said:

I hope it's dark; Houndoom and T-Tar.

So many megas. The gotta start doing more than 2 a set.

They already had Dark Rush/Explorers, so I don't think they're going to be making another Dark set, at least not until Dark Rush/Explorers is long gone and everyone's forgotten about it.

M Houndoom could just as easily be fire, let's not forget that. Just as M Ampharos could just as easily be dragon, though I hope for both.

XY wasn't really a direct fairy supporter, it just introduced the type. I think we'd see something more direct for them, perhaps with a fairy Gardevoir line, maybe they can make a Gardevoir with the Psyhic Mirage power (forget which set it was in) but make it for fairy types. Then they could get two energy for one card.

Considering the newness of fairy types I think they might make an M Gardevoir in both versions as they did for M Charizard Y and M Charizard X (dragon being relatively new as well which could support electric and dragon for M Ampharos) and as they likely will for M Mewtwo Y and M Mewtwo X because of the 'difference' in name (note that the type/picture, not the name, seperate the two M Charizards in Flash Fire, both share the same name).

Yeah, but the difference with M-Charizard is that he had 2 Mega Evolutions. If we followed that pattern of "it has 2 types, it should have 2 Megas", then M-Venusaur should have been given a Psychic-type one, M-Charizard Y a Colorless-type one, and M-Lucario a Metal-type one. It's just a matter of TCPi's choice. I DO believe M-Ampharos would be Dragon and M-Gardevoir Fairy, just because they are types they didn't had before.

You forgot to mention M Charizard X should have a fire version.

Actually they wouldn't make a M Vensuaur that is psychic, because they have never done a psychic Bulbasaur line when they made poison fall under the psychic category in DP (which in a sense I object to but prior to that Grass and Poison fell under the same type, so meh).

Also they rarely if ever make colorless versions of Pokemon if they have other alternatives. Look at Wingull-Pelipper and Natu-Xatu as an example. In fact the only 'colorless' Charizard ever made was the crystal version. Yet they made colorless versons for Ho-oh and Lugia (and in fact this was the first version made). It will be interesting to see if Litleo-Pyroar and Heliotope-Heliolisk ever get coloress versions or not.

Technically they could still make a M Lucario EX in a future set./promo thing.

I guess we'll have to see what happens.

Back