Nirvanna21

Mew.
I'd hardly call it overhyped. This is very much a collector's set, not a player's set. So it's no surprise that most of the cards aren't especially noteworthy in regards to playability.
I am basically waiting for the trainers, SIR and IR for this set. It has the potential to have some really cool stuff for anyones collection. Personally hoping for something with my OG articuno featured :)

Chari

Aspiring Trainer
I'd hardly call it overhyped. This is very much a collector's set, not a player's set. So it's no surprise that most of the cards aren't especially noteworthy in regards to playability.
This art is nothing special too, generic modern set vibes

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Oinkologne is also a valid target for the band. It's already using Full Face Guard anyway, so either this is a straight upgrade or you can bring 8(!) damage reduction tools just to be extra annoying.

Artifactor

Poet lost in static.
What the?? You can just straight put stage 2s/VStars/VMaxs on the bench? seems really awesome.
Yeah but its on a stage 1 pokemon with a coin flip requirement, whic by the time you can use the attack you would normally be able to just naturally play the vstars and vmax, its just too slow going this route i mean thats 3 turns gone

fleshrum

Cephalophore
didn't an effect like this enable a mew EX lock deck in legacy at one point? Something to do with cradily?

TheNidoKing

Aspiring Trainer
The outcome is neat on Parasect… but it’s a stage 1. This isn’t fast enough to be worth it. You can build a stage 1 in the same time and still attack that turn. You’d need a Pokémon willing to take the hit and enough justification as to why you aren’t just playing your target like a typical stage 1 or 2 deck.
For standard you have a point, but if on a coin flip you can find any two grass Pokémon, of any stage, and put them straight to your bench, then you have a very solid GLC card.