JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Rigid Band and Parasect were revealed from Pokemon Card 151! As noted before, the set will release in Japan on June 16th. We expect to it release internationally as a special set this fall.
Parasect – Grass – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Paras
[G] Scatter Fungus: Flip 2 coins. For each heads, search your deck for a [G] Pokémon and put it onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.
[C][C] Claw Slash: 50 damage.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 2

Rigid Band – Trainer
Pokémon Tool
The Stage 1 Pokémon this card is attached to takes 30 less damage from attacks from your opponent’s...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

RogueMike95

Aspiring Trainer
The outcome is neat on Parasect… but it’s a stage 1. This isn’t fast enough to be worth it. You can build a stage 1 in the same time and still attack that turn. You’d need a Pokémon willing to take the hit and enough justification as to why you aren’t just playing your target like a typical stage 1 or 2 deck.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Rigid band?

Is it perfect for a Gyarados ex combined w/ Baxcalibur energy binging plus hawlucha bench damage placing and radiant alakazam damage moving hawlucha's placed counters to opposing active?

^ If so, gyarados ex, the stage 1 ex with the highest hp amongst all stage 1s so far, just got a major buff...

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Extra-tight Bands - Seems legit to use on Copperajah, because no Fire decks are good atm, and R. Zard is only usable when prize cards requirements met. Other than that, hard pass. 4

Paras/Parasect - Nah, I rather play safe than adding my losses. 3/2

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Rigid band?

Is it perfect for a Gyarados ex combined w/ Baxcalibur energy binging plus hawlucha bench damage placing and radiant alakazam damage moving hawlucha's placed counters to opposing active?

^ If so, gyarados ex, the stage 1 ex with the highest hp amongst all stage 1s so far, just got a major buff...
Make sense. No one uses Damage mods nowadays, and Gyarados does flat 300. It just needs Palkia and Kyurem to do the work. I am not going to the Baxcalibur route. I am not risking another evolution line.

GreatEscapeRope

Promo Card Plunderer
Rigid Band looks like it could be pretty neat. Others pointed out Copperajah ex, who can now have a passive 60 damage reduction with it. Forretress ex can also benefit from it with a 60 damage reduction with Rigid Band attached and getting its attack off. Realistically, most of the Stage 1 exs will have the best benefit from the card, like Slowking ex becoming tankier to allow you to search more cards while attacking and Clodsire ex having more longetivity so you can potentially stack extra poison damage before being KO'd. Will definitely be a card to pay attention to going forward.

jmkrav

Aspiring Trainer
Make sense. No one uses Damage mods nowadays, and Gyarados does flat 300. It just needs Palkia and Kyurem to do the work. I am not going to the Baxcalibur route. I am not risking another evolution line.
Palkia vstar + DTE. Maybe radiant Blastoise too for damage counter placement

F4nt45m

Dialga V-Star is a good deck guys
Oh the Rigid Band is going to be fun to experiment with, making any VMAX bulkier. Unkillable Duraludon VMAX!