• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ReuniKrom (Reuniclus/Zekrom) HGSS-On

Spoink!

Haters Gonna Hate :-)
Hello everyone, this is my first post here at PokéBeach. I've been lurking this forum for nearly a month now. :) I will be going to a league for my first time soon, so I want to tune up my deck a bit before I get creamed by everyone. :D

EDIT: Deck will be updated often, with me taking advice and such.

Pokémon:
2 Zekrom (B/W)
2-2-1 Reuniclus (B/W)
3-1-1 Crobat (Unleashed)
4-2 Wigglytuff (HGSS)
2-1 Zebstrika (B/W)

Trainers:
3 Pokémon Collector (HGSS)
3 Fisherman (HGSS)
3 Switch (HGSS and B/W)
2 Professor Oak's New Theory (HGSS)
2 Life Herb (Unleashed)
2 Moomoo Milk (HGSS)
2 Good Rod (Unleashed)
2 Potion (B/W)
1 Pokémon Communication (HGSS)
1 Revive (B/W)

Energy:
11 Psychic Energy
8 Electric Energy

My main idea with this deck is to get out the Zekroms quickly and attack with a lot of power, all while setting up the Reuniclus to avoid KOs (and power up Outrage if needed.)

Lastly, a question for all of you experienced players: Does Double Colorless Energy or Rare Candy have a place in this deck?

Please leave comments and criticism!

If I were you, I would go straight Zekrom with support. Remove everything except Zekrom, and add 2 Zekrom, 3 Pachirisu CoL, and 3 Shaymin UL. This can ultimately get you to donk first turn. So:

- 4 - 2 Wigglytuff
- 3 - 1 - 1 Crobat
- 2 - 2 - 1 Reuniclus
- 2 - 1 Zebstrika

+ 2 Zekrom BW
+ 3 Pachirisu CoL
+ 3 Shaymin UL
+ 2 Cleffa HGSS/CoL

Balance: -9

The point is to put down Pachirisu, attach two energies to it, and then move the energy with Celebration Wind to Zekrom, and attack for 120 T1. Cleffa is for hand refresh to recover from bad starts.

Now the donk isn't always going to happen, and if it doesn't, you'll need some cards to help late game. Defender is always helpful, since it blocks Outrage's damage to Zekrom. As long as you attach 2 Defender, Zekrom takes no damage. Pokemon Communication should be present in this deck a bit more, since sometimes you don't have the Collector. I'd suggest PONT or Copycat over Juniper, since this deck needs all the support it can get. Your healing devices are spot-on, because some people use Life Herb, while others use Moomoo. Why not use both? Or you could use more Potion from BW, which may be better than Moomoo Milk just because it doesn't require a coin flip. You need more Switch because of Zekrom's 2 Retreat Cost, and FSL(Flower Shop Lady) is vital because sometimes you just need recovery. Seeker from TM and Super Scoop Up are nice too. So:

- 1 Professor Elm's Training Method(you don't need this since you don't have evolutions anymore)
- 1 Energy Retrieval (FSL is better, and you usually don't need to discard energy)
- 2 Pokeball(not needed, because of Collector)
- 2 Good Rod(sub-par card that isn't needed in this deck)
- 1 Juniper(this deck needs all the support it can get; you can't waste it)
- 3 Fisherman(completely unneeded because of FSL)

+ 2 Pokemon Communication
+ 1 Flower Shop Lady(all your recovery in just one card)
+ 2 Revive(if you've used FSL already, this is the way to go)
+ 2 Professor Oak's New Theory
+ 4 Defender
+ 3 in any combination of Seeker/Super Scoop Up
+ 1 Switch

Balance: -4

So you have four cards left over. What to add? Sometimes Rescue Energy is just what you need. Attach T1 and just trans the two Electric energy, and you're golden. So:

+ 3 Rescue Energy
+ 1 Electric Energy

But wait! You have 11 Psychic Energy, which is completely unneeded. So:

-11 Psychic Energy

And that's where I leave it to you to figure out what you want to add.

On a final note, I would understand why you wouldn't want to make these changes. Maybe it's because:

1) You don't have enough money
2) You don't think it's good

You don't have to take whatever advice I tell you. Play it your own style, but try it out on Redshark.

And with that...Goodbye. :)

Thank you very much, that's really helpful. :D Though I don't have the money for everything you suggested, I will take your advice and try to change to a straight Zekrom donk.

Also, I had never heard of FSL before... I just looked it up, and it looks super amazing!

Spoink! said:
Thank you very much, that's really helpful. :D Though I don't have the money for everything you suggested, I will take your advice and try to change to a straight Zekrom donk.

Also, I had never heard of FSL before... I just looked it up, and it looks super amazing!

FSL being Flower Shop Lady.

Instead of the Cleffa you could potentially run a Reuniclus line, I do.

Yeah, Reuniclus can still be used, but I would run a 2-2-2 line of it with 2 Rare Candy. That should leave you with 3 cards left.

Back