resistance /2?

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
OMG, it has been ages since I started a thread before, but, well, here I go again

as you all know or not know, lucario lvX has a reintroduced double weakness, I myself happen to like that, but now that weakness and resistance can vary, do you think that there will be halving resistance (/2, pokemon takes half the damage, rounded up to the nearest 10), or 4 times weakness (4x) (for uber lvX, they'll come, just wait), 3x would be enough, but, well, whatever (imagine, lugia ex, 800 O_O)

I myself would like this, it would add yet another new style of play to the game, it could make ubers less uber (x4) and weak pokes a bit more useful (/2)

please, discuss :)

RE: double resistance?

double ristance would be broken, becuase if something is Metal and Psychic you'll only do like 10 damage from a 3 energy attack. If thiers was then thumbs up.

Andyman said:
double ristance would be broken, becuase if something is Metal and Psychic you'll only do like 10 damage from a 3 energy attack. If thiers was then thumbs up.
uhhh, what?, why metal psychic, and how 1 for a 3 energy attack???, if you mean " metal and /2 for psychic", well, for one, special metal will maybe leave the TCG, and, well, just don't give /2 to a metal pokemon, then, duh
BTW, good old Erika's ivysaur and kabuto had a pokemon-power that halved damage, ALL DAMAGE, so /2 resistance wouldn't really hurt

Most likely it'll be reintroduced, since ... well you know Double Weakness was made. Why not Double Resistance?

Arcanine out.

what about weakness x2 + 20 like that or something.... i dunno

Why not double resistance? Because it's broken. All my attacks do 1/4 damage just by you sitting there? No thanks. At least with things like Registeel ex and Deoxys d you have to put some effort into getting your damage-reducing barrier up. But to quarter damage from all attacks just by being there... just isn't fair.

ok, double resistance wasn't the right way of saying what I meant, if you read the post, you kinda should have figured that out, what I meant was: should there be a resistance that looks like: (E)/2, all damage is halved, not quartered

Eh. Halved damage is definitely better than double resistance. I suppose you could save it for the uber Lv.X guys (none of them Metal-type please).

Back