resistance /2?

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
OMG, it has been ages since I started a thread before, but, well, here I go again

as you all know or not know, lucario lvX has a reintroduced double weakness, I myself happen to like that, but now that weakness and resistance can vary, do you think that there will be halving resistance (/2, pokemon takes half the damage, rounded up to the nearest 10), or 4 times weakness (4x) (for uber lvX, they'll come, just wait), 3x would be enough, but, well, whatever (imagine, lugia ex, 800 O_O)

I myself would like this, it would add yet another new style of play to the game, it could make ubers less uber (x4) and weak pokes a bit more useful (/2)

please, discuss :)

Andyman

Pokemon Amethyst Spriter
RE: double resistance?

double ristance would be broken, becuase if something is Metal and Psychic you'll only do like 10 damage from a 3 energy attack. If thiers was then thumbs up.

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member

Andyman said:
double ristance would be broken, becuase if something is Metal and Psychic you'll only do like 10 damage from a 3 energy attack. If thiers was then thumbs up.
uhhh, what?, why metal psychic, and how 1 for a 3 energy attack???, if you mean " metal and /2 for psychic", well, for one, special metal will maybe leave the TCG, and, well, just don't give /2 to a metal pokemon, then, duh
BTW, good old Erika's ivysaur and kabuto had a pokemon-power that halved damage, ALL DAMAGE, so /2 resistance wouldn't really hurt

Arcanine 274

=/

Most likely it'll be reintroduced, since ... well you know Double Weakness was made. Why not Double Resistance?

Arcanine out.

Roy 747

eeveelutions collector

what about weakness x2 + 20 like that or something.... i dunno

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Why not double resistance? Because it's broken. All my attacks do 1/4 damage just by you sitting there? No thanks. At least with things like Registeel ex and Deoxys d you have to put some effort into getting your damage-reducing barrier up. But to quarter damage from all attacks just by being there... just isn't fair.

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
ok, double resistance wasn't the right way of saying what I meant, if you read the post, you kinda should have figured that out, what I meant was: should there be a resistance that looks like: (E)/2, all damage is halved, not quartered

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Eh. Halved damage is definitely better than double resistance. I suppose you could save it for the uber Lv.X guys (none of them Metal-type please).