• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ReshiBoar

Brandon Smiley

"Big Tex"
HGSS-on.

4 Reshiram
4 Tepig (BW07)
2 Pignite (#17)
2 Emboar (#20)
1 Emboar (#19)
1 Cleffa / Manaphy
1 Tyrogue

4 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Professor Juniper
3 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Junk Arm
3 Plus Power
3 Pokemon Reversal
3 Energy Retrieval
3 Rare Candy
2 Switch
1 Revive

12 Fire Energy

Get out Reshiram fast, usually powered up by T3 at the latest. Emboar helps supply energy, and can actually be a fair attacker. Emboar #19 takes care of Donphan, RDL, and other big hitters.

Any help is appreciated.

your going to want to max out energy retrieval and add 2 FSL as with your current deck you can only attack a maximum of 8 times with reshiram if everything works out perfectly which it wont normally...

oh and I have a question why do you run a 4-2-3 line? It doesn't makes much sense as your only ever going to have 3 Emboar on the field at most....

I'd do something like this:

-1 Reshiram BW (some of the best reshiboar builds I've seen use only 3 reshiram :/)
-1 Tepig (BW07)
-1 Tyrogue/Cleffa (don't use manaphy IMO)
-4 Professor Oak's New Theory (in this case you want a healthy discard pile)
-1 Pokemon Communication (honestly your only gonna be using these for Emboar and maybe Reshiram)
-1 Revive

+1 Tyrogue/Cleffa (whichever one you didn't take out)
+1 Professor Juniper
+1 energy retrival
+2 FSL
+3 Rescue Energy
+1 Fire energy

I think your deck is great :D

7.5/10 before the edits 8.5/10 after the edits

p.s. oh yeah when EP (emerging powers) comes out use pokemon catcher over pokemon reversal it's much more consistent :D

I think your deck is fantastic but with just small changes i think it can be a little bit better.

-1 tepig (you really need only need 3)
-1 reshiram (3 just seems like a good number)
-1 switch (you can re-use with junk arm)
-1 juniper (i have seen games that people deck out because of playing too many junipers)

+1 Flower shop lady (this is to recover later in the game)
+1 revive (this gets your reshiram's back quickly after it gets KO'ed)
+2 rare candy (this gets your emboars out quicker)

Also when emerging powers comes out i highly recommend you switch out the pokemon reversal's for pokemon catcher. Hope i helped =)

- 1 PONT
- 1 Communication
- 1 Tepig
- 1 Emboar 19

+ 2-2 line of ninetales hgss/col

More Draw Power for a T3 Reshi and emboar set up. Believe me it WORKS.

Edit: and whatever anybody tells you, 4 Reshis FTW!

Why do i need Flower Shop Lady? I play 4 Tepig so that if one is KO'd, i still have 3 more and can still set up a total of three Emboars without having to revive.

I forgot Rare Candy in the list. It was already in, i just didn't list it. My bad.

A majority of the time, i'm only going to need to attack 6 times in order to win. I can use Plus Powers and Junk Arms to do so.

Also, as the first person said, i can only attack 8 times.. i can use outrage as well.
A majority of the time, they won't be able to consistenly OHKO Reshirams.
And with four Junk Arm, i can attack 4 more times via Energy Retrieval.

I'll take those into consideration though.

@Aaron
I've nearly decked a million times. I wish i was lying. But Ninetales discards my fires, which i need. And i don't usually need a draw engine with this deck. Supporters are always there when i need them.

LegosLock said:
Why do i need Flower Shop Lady? I play 4 Tepig so that if one is KO'd, i still have 3 more and can still set up a total of three Emboars without having to revive.

I forgot Rare Candy in the list. It was already in, i just didn't list it. My bad.

A majority of the time, i'm only going to need to attack 6 times in order to win. I can use Plus Powers and Junk Arms to do so.

Also, as the first person said, i can only attack 8 times.. i can use outrage as well.
A majority of the time, they won't be able to consistenly OHKO Reshirams.
And with four Junk Arm, i can attack 4 more times via Energy Retrieval.

I'll take those into consideration though.

@Aaron
I've nearly decked a million times. I wish i was lying. But Ninetales discards my fires, which i need. And i don't usually need a draw engine with this deck. Supporters are always there when i need them.

yes i just realized that the ninetales is mainly ran in a reshiphlosion deck. (which i run). But i still use Ninetales in reshiboar. it works out for me. and you should add 2 fisherman somewhere in there. they really help.

also be careful because 1 emboar isn't enough to KO any donphan deck soo yeah just be careful with how you play ;)

Good Luck with your deck! :)

I play Ninetales in my ReshiPhlosion, and i almost deck with it in there as well. xD

Donphan is an easy match-up.. no? They 3HKO you while you 2HKO them with Blue Flare/Outrage.

You can't consistently hit 2 pluspower a turn, so most of the time you are just 2HKOing, while they 2HKO back with PlusPower. In order to pull ahead you just have to keep charging Reshirams faster than they can charge Donphans.

Back