• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ReshiBoar - Provincials (Combination between EX and B/W)

Gengar_is_Pwnage

Happy 20th Sonic (Since '91)
Heres my pretty much, un modifiable list. Reason I say that is because space is tight.

Only things I will NOT consider

Mewtwo EX (money and not needed IMO)
Fisherman
Smeargle

On with the list

3 Reshiram EX
1 Reshiram B/W
2-2 Musharna ND (REALLY good fit here)
2-1-2 Emboar
2 Victini NV

T/S/S

3 Rare Candy
3 PONT
1 Super Rod
2 "N"
3 Heavy Ball
2 Professor Juniper
2 Rocky Helmet
3 Collector (I don't need any more of them)
2 Switch
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Pokemon Catcher
2 Cilan

Energy:

4 {C}{C}
13 {R}

Stratagem:

Get Reshiram/ Emboar/ Musharna out by latest Turn 3. Start swinging by Turn 3 and continue to ramp up energy on the rest of my Reshiram. I hope to start Reshiram B/W, followed by the EX's or vice versa

Try using some cobalion against kyurem and ice type match ups. They can also be pretty good against mew two if they can't switch. Try using 1 energy retrieval.

-4 fire energy (17 energies are an overkill I think)
+1 energy retrieval
+1 N
+1 other drawing supporter
+1 dual ball (for consistency)

-1 rocky helmet
+1 eviolite (preference thing)

You really need junk arm.

^The only problem with that is he needs Metal type Energy for Cobalion. I would suggest Prism for that, because it can also count torwards fire for Reshiram.

By the way, I would drop 1 Pokemon Communication for another Collector. You really want to get one T1.

He said he didn't want one, so I just suggested dual ball to take its place, but yes. I do think that you need 4 for consistency.

I disagree with Junk Arm. In playtesting thus far, I haven't needed them. I had them in my first build (which wasn't posted here), and they just became dead draw late game.

I'm also not taking out Rocky Helmet, more for the fact that if Mewtwo hits it, and I have a Reshiram EX set up, it knocks it'self out, and vice versa.

I will test the other stuff however.

-4 {R} energy
-2 rocky helmet
-2 PONT
-1 Juniper

+2 energy retrieval
+1 Cobalion NV
+1. Pokémon catcher
+3 junk arm
+2 prism energy

Look, if you want this to be a winner deck, you have to do some major changes. First, your Pokémon line:
You don't need Musharna; it's only good on trainer lock. Have you ever tested this deck? There is 1 easy way to win against it: Catcher all those high retreat costs. It will be hard to be consistently retreating all those Pokémons with high retreats with only 2 Switches and no Catchers. Musharna has more slops than pros You should remove it. You can add RDL and some Lightning; great counter to Mewtwo or any EX with 150 HP left (takes 3 prizes killing a EX). Or if you don't like RDL, you should add another Reshiram BW and a thicker Emboar line (up it to 3-2-2).

Next, your T/S/S. First of all, no Junk Arm isn't good. In fact, it's horrible. You absolutely need atleast 3 Junk Arms. It let's you reuse every trainer you need. You can re-use Switches, Catchers, Heavy Balls, Rare Candies, etc. That isn't good? Also, Cilan isn't THAT needed. You should have a lower Energy line tbh. You should also up your draw supporters count. 7 is way too low for a deck without a consistent draw power (Musharna doesn't provide a consistent draw power)

Your energy line is too high; 17 is too much. 14 is a good number.

So, the changes I think you should do are:

Remove:
2-2 Musharna
3 Fire Energy
1 Super Rod
2 Cilan
1 Victini NV (it isn't that essential to the deck to function)
1 N (you should only use 1 and by the time you need it, you should have it in your hand already)
3 Pokémon Communication (you either use 1 or the other, and since you only need to search for Emboar and Reshi EX, Heavy Ball is the best choice)
Total:15

Add:
3 Junk Arm
1 Reshiram BW
1 Tepig
4 Sage's Training
1 PONT
1 Collector (you do need 4, as you can also use it for Junk Arm bait on the late-game)
2 Energy Retrieval (can be re-used with Junk Arm)
1 Heavy Ball
1 Switch/Catcher/Rocky Helmet/Plus Power/Junk Arm (that's up to what is more useful to you)
Total:15

I hope this helped. All those changes should be making ur deck much more consistent. Also the single Plus Power let's you hit the 180 mark after your Reshiram EX gets hit and with the Plus Power let's you attack for 180. You can also re-use it with Junk Arm.
Even if you think this ideas are nonsense, test it, and you can see if you really don't like it.

rileysill32 said:
what happens against a water deck? lol take your chance and pray on being faster?
The chances you have to face a pure water deck aren't many, since only Kyurem EX can OHKO Reshiram EX.

Have you thought about RDL? It can take 3 prizes off Metwwo EX, and generally it's something pretyt good for a late game swepper since you don't want to put Mewtwo in the deck.

Gengar_is_Pwnage said:
Heres my pretty much, un modifiable list. Reason I say that is because space is tight.

Only things I will NOT consider

Mewtwo EX (money and not needed IMO)
Fisherman
Smeargle

On with the list

3 Reshiram EX
1 Reshiram B/W
2-2 Musharna ND (REALLY good fit here)
2-1-2 Emboar
2 Victini NV

T/S/S

3 Rare Candy
3 PONT
1 Super Rod
2 "N"
3 Heavy Ball
2 Professor Juniper
2 Rocky Helmet
3 Collector (I don't need any more of them)
2 Switch
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Pokemon Catcher
2 Cilan

Energy:

4 {C}{C}
13 {R}

Stratagem:

Get Reshiram/ Emboar/ Musharna out by latest Turn 3. Start swinging by Turn 3 and continue to ramp up energy on the rest of my Reshiram. I hope to start Reshiram B/W, followed by the EX's or vice versa

The attraction of Reshiram EX in Emboar is that you have the abiltiy to load up this EX easily. However it requires that you have energy in your hand. This requires at least 3-4 energy in your hand if you are starting with an unenergized Reshiram EX. Without energy these 2 pokemon are useless. Your list has only 2 hand refreshers (Juniper) and 2 energy search supporters (Cilan). You have only one energy retrieval card (Super Rod) that places energy back to your deck. Your list is very very susceptible to energy drought.

You are also missing one important card for Reshiboar EX decks which is Super Scoop Up. This card allows you to recycle damaged Reshiboar EX and all its energy attached to it. It is flippy yes but trust me it helps this deck.

Your best Mewtwo EX counter in your deck is actually Reshiram BW. You should consider adding 2 of these and dropping the Musharna line.

I disagree with taking out Musharna. Reason being. I only use it early game, so if it gets caught out I could care less. By the time some one uses catcher on it. I'm done using it. Yes I have play tested this, and it does fairly well with the list I have.

However, I do agree with the Junk Arm, even if I don't use them, they are good to have in a pinch.

Imo Musharna only takes up space. It is also weak to psychic, so another prize for Mewtwo. Also, they can catcher it up just to snipe with Zapdos that can easily be teched and Kyurem.

Dream To Kill said:
Imo Musharna only takes up space. It is also weak to psychic, so another prize for Mewtwo. Also, they can catcher it up just to snipe with Zapdos that can easily be teched and Kyurem.

i think he is fixated on having musharna in his list and he wont take it out.

his list has only 2 hand refreshers, 2 energy search cards and 1 energy retrieval card that doesnt even return the energy to his hand but to his deck. i already have visions of energy droughts in his list.

if he keeps on being stubborn his deck is bound to be Stolen in provincials.

Not a big fan of the musharna.

Needs more pokegear 3.0
Where are the twins?
Where are the junk arms?
Way to many energy.
Stubborn or not you need a mewtwo in here. Slow as this deck is, your gonna need something to drop and pop when your opponent loads a mewtwo all game.

rileysill32 said:
what happens against a water deck? lol take your chance and pray on being faster?
lol because there's so many competative water decks out there.

As for the list, I'm not a huge fan of it. Junk arm is key, as well as 4 collector. The high retreats of Musharna and Emboar mean you need at least 3 switch. In fact, I'd just drop Musharna altogether because its cons outweigh its pros. Only 2 tepig is asking to not get an Emboar out.

BTW you have a total of 4 draw/hand refresh cards. Musharna doesn't count because it's gaining you an extra card per turn and you're spending insane amounts of resources trying to retreat it every turn. Most decks run 10-12, so that's something to think about.

^ drawing supporters. Its really needed in this deck right now because of its relatively low drawing power.

Back