• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Reshiboar EX BW-On

suicidalnuns

Aspiring Trainer
4-2-3 Emboar (promo Tepig, fandango Emboar)
3 Reshiram EX
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Virizion (NVI)

4 Cheren
3 N
2 Cilan
1 Juniper

4 SSU
4 Heavy Ball
4 Catcher
3 Rare Candy
3 Eviolite
2 Ultra Ball
1 Energy Retrieval
1 Switch

9 {R} Energy
3 DCE

The main focus of this deck, obviously, is to get out an Emboar or two, then Energy accelerate onto Reshiram EX, and to a lesser extent, Mewtwo EX. Virizion NVI is there for draw power (double draw for {C} lets you draw 2 cards,) but I was debating putting in Elgyem 55 (First Contact for {C} lets you search your deck for 2 basic Pokemon and put them on your bench.) The only reason I haven't done this yet is because Virizion is bulkier, and against the tough empoleon matchup; Virizion has a water resistance. There is only one Juniper because there is a stage 2 line, but because it is such a bulky line, I think one Juniper is safe. SSU is for picking up Reshiram, then putting it back on the bench, accelerating energy back onto it from Emboar, damage free. Heavy ball can not only search out Emboar, but pignite AND Reshiram EX as well, so with 8 searchable targets, 4 Heavy Ball shouldn't be unheard of. You may be wondering why there is only 3 DCE, and that is because you can't attach 2 DCE in a turn, and with such a big line for emboar, it shouldn't be too hard to just put on 2 {R} Energy. Thank you for reading, this is my first thread on PokeBeach. :)

Umm, Virizon is horrible if it cannot attack... I'd sugest finding room for prisms.

I would have prisms, but they don't count as {R} energies while they are in your hand, so they can't be accelerated from Inferno Fandango.

Martini said:
Umm, Virizon is horrible if it cannot attack... I'd sugest finding room for prisms.

He's using Virizion to help him set up. Why does he need to even attack with it? Reshiram EX ohko's Terrakion anyway, which is the only thing Virizion would have been good for with prisms.

I would suggest trying to find room for 1-2 Reshiram BW. It's a bit faster without the risk of losing two prizes.

You might want to add more switches. Emboar has a 4 retreat cost and even with DCE tha's discarding a lot in this deck considering you only run 1 energy retrieval.

RareCandyTCG is right. Try this:

-1 Tepig
-1 Pignite

+2 Switch

And maybe

-1 Catcher
+1 Energy Retrieval

Labaru said:
RareCandyTCG is right. Try this:

-1 Tepig
-1 Pignite

+2 Switch

And maybe

-1 Catcher
+1 Energy Retrieval

If I were to take out a tepig, I would almost need to have elgyem 55 to counter the slow emboar start, and I feel virizion may be better fitted in this deck, though I am torn between the two. Are there any cards from the newest set like bicycle or computer search that you or others feel would fit in this deck? Personally, I think that because this deck is tailored to have the maximum amount of cards in hand, that N may ruin it late game. Would 2-3 Bicycle be a good counter to this, even though this set won't be out for a long time?

I don't get why people are still talking about using Elgyem when Emolga from the Dragon sets is a completely superior choice-it has the same attack but free retreat, and either the same or 10 more hp (forget if its 60 or 70 atm). I also don't think you have enough supporters, and only 1 Switch is not nearly enough with 4 retreat bench sitters. Also, Juniper and N are so many times better than Cheren in a deck like this where you can burn through literally every card in your hand that its not even funny. In fact, I'd say Bianca will often be netting you more than Cheren. Also, Cilan is really not as good as Energy Retrieval here as its less energy and you're using up your supporter for the turn too. Here are my changes:

-2 Virizion (just not worth the room, and you won't start with it very often considering you only run 2 and most of your other basics have a large retreat)
-4 Cheren
-2 Cilan
-1 Eviolite (I find 2 is enough, you can get away with having a single Reshiram EX not have one)

+1 N
+3 Juniper
+2 Bianca
+1 Switch
+1 Energy Retrieval
+8

That leaves you with an extra spot. I'd personally put another Switch, Bianca, or Energy Retrieval there, but there are other options such as Revive (can also scrap a Reshiram EX for a Revive), Rare Candy (just to up chances of getting it t2), DCE (see Rare Candy, why would you need 2 of these in one turn anyway), etc. etc.

-1 Pignite ( you only need one since you run 3 rare candies anyway)
-2 Virizion (it has no use in this deck, just place extra draw supporters instead)
-3 Eviolite ( tool scrappers will remove them)
-1 Energy Retrieval (super rod is better for your deck)

+3 Juniper (for consistency)
+1 N (for consistency)
+2 Super Rod ( for recovering energies and pokemon that were discarded when using early junipers)
+1 Switch

-1 pignite[you dont need it since you run rare candy]
-1 tepig[3-1-3 Emboar is very consistent]
-1 mewtwo EX[
-1 Reshiram EX[Entei EX is also good,but if you dont like my suggestion below forget this idea and keep 3 Reshi EX]
-1 heavy ball[3 is enough]
-1 virizion[there is no use for a second one]
-4 Ssu[not needed]
-1 eviolite[2 is enough, especially since tool scrapper is coming out]
-2 cheren[2 is enough
+3 juniper[consistency]
+2 reshiram[fallback attacker, can 2HKO anything in BW-on format+good mewtwo counter]
+2 Entei EX[if you dont like 2 just put in 1 and have 3 Reshiram EX,since I would only use it for grand flame]
+2 random receiver
+2 energy retrieval
+1 super rod
+1 switch
But anyways great gob! :D, and i think that Reshiboar EX will be played more in the future, and I admire how your looking ahead ! :D

I don't see the point of Virizion being there either...If you had some sort of energy to power its attack such as prism, then it would be kind of a tech.. (But not a good one) But just using Virizion as solely a form of draw? I don't think that's a very great idea. I recommend something else to fight against water. Didn't you say it's also there to stand ground against attackers such as Empoleon? It will only buy you a 1 turn tops, since it's only a 20 resistance. And what of Pokemon catcher? They will just use it to get Verizion out of the way, or put Verizion out of its misery.
Since you're playing Rare Candy, I also suggest taking away 1 Pignite and maybe one Tepig.
Here's what I suggest;

-2 Verizion
-2 Cherens (4 Is a bit too much for this kind of card in my own opinion. Don't forget, there are some cards that hurt you or benefit the other for another player's large hand)
-1 Pignite
-1 Tepig

+3 Juniper (A pretty big deal)
+1 Energy Retrieval
-OR- replace the current Energy Retrieval with a super rod
+1 DCE (More than one pokemon use it in this deck currently)
+2 Switch

Back