• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Reshi-Boar EX

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaaronbrox

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon -16
2 Smeargle CoL
2-1-2 Emboar BW
3 Reshiram EX
2-2 Ninetails CoL
1-1 RDL top and bottom half

Trainers 28
4 Pokemon Collectors
2 PONT
2 Copy Cat
2 Fisherman
1 Flowershop Lady
1 Twins
4 Junk Arm
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Energy Retrieval
2 Plus Power
2 Rare Candy
1 Lost Remover
1 Pokemon Catcher
1 Sky Arrow Bridge

Energy
12 Fire
2 Lightning
2 Rescue

Basic strategy is set up emboar and nine tails quickly. discarding fires for draw power. getting them back with Energy Retrieval and fisherman and piling them on reshiram with emboar for quick ko's smeargle to play two supporters per turn and RDL as a mewtwo counter.

any helpful tips are definitely welcome.

You are going to need a thicker emboar line and more rare candy if you want to set things up quickly. I think Skyarrow Bridge would help your opponents more than you considering the high retreat costs of many of your Pokemon. Speaking of which, you might consider Heavy Balls to seek out your Emboars and Pignites and Switches to get of Catcher plays by your opponent. I also play with three N on the assumption I'll be down prizes in the beginning. I currently play Eviolite to help keep my Reshiram EX from falling to their own attacks but I am rethinking that.

RichD said:
You are going to need a thicker emboar line and more rare candy if you want to set things up quickly. I think Skyarrow Bridge would help your opponents more than you considering the high retreat costs of many of your Pokemon. Speaking of which, you might consider Heavy Balls to seek out your Emboars and Pignites and Switches to get of Catcher plays by your opponent. I also play with three N on the assumption I'll be down prizes in the beginning. I currently play Eviolite to help keep my Reshiram EX from falling to their own attacks but I am rethinking that.

About eviolite...., wouldn't you rather use this:
Large Cloak - Tool

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to one of your Pokemon to use it. You can only attach 1 card to 1 Pokemon, and it remains attached.

The maximum HP of the Pokemon this card is attached to increases by 20.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

Giantoshawott said:
Large Cloak - Tool

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to one of your Pokemon to use it. You can only attach 1 card to 1 Pokemon, and it remains attached.

The maximum HP of the Pokemon this card is attached to increases by 20.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

Well first off Large Cloak doesn't exist yet as an English card so this is clearly a debate for the future.

Second, I think I would still prefer eviolite over it. Eviolite protects against the self damage of Brave Fire as well as making the opponent having to find another 20 damage to finish you off.

I would tech in a few Reshiram BWs because you don't always want to have to charge up a Reshiram EX to KO some weak guy. It is much easier to set up a Reshiram BW and it also functions as a Mewtwo EX counter.

You also need:
-2 energy retrieval (to make room)
-1 skyarrow bridge (don't think its really needed. Plus many decks already play it)
-2 copycat (to make room)
-2 rescue (don't really need)
-2 fire (to make room)

+2 catcher (for catchering)
+3 drawing supporters (for drawing). your choice. Suggest N or more PONT
+2 other drawing supporter). Suggest Sage's
+1 mewtwo (attacking/countering
+1 DCE (helps) (would want more but...)

Hope I helped. May have missed some too.

I think I would lose the Pluspowers and Lost Remover before I'd remove the Energy Retrievals. Keeping energy in hand to lay down with Emboar is critical to this deck doing well. I agree with the addition of N though.

I think the rescue Energies can be cut because you can't accelerate them or Lightnings so you'll have energy spare in your hand. I would swap out the 2 Rescues for Reshiram BWs.

I think you can try this

+ Heavy balls
- Ninetails 2-2

So you can have a thicker Emboar line and focus on getting out Emboar/Reshiram EX/ RDL easily with Heavy Balls

I'd much rather take out some communication for the heavy balls if you are to add them because nine tails helps a lot with drawing. Heavy ball takes care of emboar and collector takes care of the basics. I would only take out about 2 though. I think maybe a thicker emboar line may help so
-1 energy retrieval (already have fisherman)
+1-0-0 emboar (for consistency)

my advice
if you are going to play this bw on, do this
-2 smeargle
-RDL
-ninetails line
-all call of legends back supporters and items
+ 1-2 ultra ball
+ 3 heavy ball
+3-4 dce take out 2 fire and rescues, lighting should stay cause of rayquaza/rayquaza ex tech mabe
+2 poke. catcher
+1 level ball
+ 2 entei ex[ur choice]
+1 energy retrieval
+1 mewtwo ex
free space 1, try putting in a counter to water since empoleon will be played more

but otherwise really nice deck

Giantoshawott said:
Large Cloak - Tool

By the time Large Cloak is available to us, we'll be in a B&W format anyway making it irrelevant for this deck as it's primarily HGSS on.

[member]owtwem222[/member], please don't revive dead threads. This is the second time you have been told.

[member]pkolaboy[/member], please don't mini-mod. If a post is violating the rules, please report it so the mods can take care of it.

*Lock*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back