Rescue Energy from Triumphant (#90) [1/20]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
90-rescue-energy.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
2. What popular metagame decks could it be used in?
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
5. How's the artwork?

Posts MUST be several sentences long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted - this forum is to discuss specific cards so other people can learn about their potential in the current metagame.

Guiding questions:

1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
5. How's the artwork?

Answers:

1. Well, it's an energy card, so it can't be played on it's own. But, if used with the right card (i:e G-Dos), it's fantastic.
2. Basically anything, especially G-Dos.
3. Rescue Energy+Any Pokemon you're really going to need (DGX, Lux X, Gyarados, etc.)
4. I give this card a 4 out of 5. Reason being, I hate the fact that you gotta discard the energy after the Pokemon is K.Oed. Other than that, really awesome card.
5. Love it. Great effect, and separates itself from the other special energies.

First again :D

5. How's the artwork?

1.Obviously it can't stand on its own, since it's an energy, but it is definitely worth being played.
2.Not many, from what I have seen.
3.Pretty much all trainer locks, as a sub for Super Scoop Up and Pokemon Rescue.
4. 4/5. It makes a great substitute for trainers, for anybody who is building a trainer lock, like I am.
5.Cool, but nothing special.

GUIDING QUESTIONS:
5. How's the artwork?

ANSWERS:
1. It's definitely worth being played. It's one of the best Energies in the format.
2. Gyarados and you could even tech it in VileGar
3. Anything really. If Trainer-locking decks in your area are used often (VileGar) you should use Rescue Energy and not Pokemon Rescue and SSU.
4. 5/5 for being the most useful Energy in the format and appearing at the time VileGar is heavily played
5. I love all the HGSS-on Energies, but Rescue Energy and the Special Metal and Dark Energies are by far my favorite.

This card can not stand by Its Own since it is a card of energy. It is a good card if used with many pokemon with damage counters that you probably will need throughout the game.

Gyarados, VileGar, LuxChomp and with Flygons (RR).

Putting in place of SSU, Since it have a chance to result in "Tails. "

4.5/5, Because it counts only as a {C} energy.

5. How's the artwork?
I think it's 4/5, not 5/5 because it reminds me the cyclone energy.

Guiding questions:
The card cant really stand on its own seeing as its an energy card, but it is definatly worth being played
Gyarados, Vilegar, and Lostgar
Use it with gyarados to revive it fast and place it back down immedietly
3.5/5 It is worth being played but there are some disadvantages to playing it at times
5. How's the artwork?
4/5

I'd definitely say so. Due to its ability to instantly pick up a KO'd Pokemon, you don't need to waste time searching it out again or trying to reclaim it with Palmer's. Because of that I believe it can be used in virtually any deck, and in those decks that utilize BTS you can go for an instant recovery.
Anything, really. SPs would probably not benefit as much from it, as they do have options like Poke Turn and Aaron's available, but it wouldn't be a bad idea.
BTS is the most obvious one that comes to mind. It gets knocked out, then you just drop it down again instantly and get it up and running.
Probably 4.5/5 because of its heavy splashability. I doubt any deck would actually be hindered by this card. Only real downside is that only Energy Exchanger can search it.
5. How's the artwork?
It's a {C} special energy. Their artworks are all the same to me =D

Back