• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

RegiRai(Registeel/Darkrai) BW-on

JayKam

Aspiring Trainer
registeel/darkrai seemed like a cool idea so i made a deck for it.
need help making the deck more consistent/overall competitive.

Pokemon:
4x Registeel(max out to increase chance of starting with him)
2x Darkrai
2x Aerodactyl(plus power just doesnt work in this format =/ )
1x Sableye

T/S/S:
2x Eviolite
4x Dark Patch
4x Pokemon Catcher
4x Energy Switch
3x Switch
4x Ultra Ball
2x Random Receiver
2x Tool Scrapper
2x Twist Mountain
4x Professor Juniper
4x N

Energy:
12x Darkness Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

Strategy:
Start with registeel, discard a dark energy then dark patch it to a dark pokemon then energy switch it to registeel then attach a DCE for a first turn triple laser!

first turn triple lasers are RARE so the main point of the deck is to do the spread and set-up kos. set up aerodactyl for those pesky high hp pokemon.

I don't see aerodactyl in this deck really working my edit would be if want

- 2 aeros
- 2 t mountain
+ 2 sableye
+ 2 tool scraper

3 Random Receivers seems a bit much with 2 typically being all you need even with a relatively low supporter count. While Super Scoop Up I can see what you wanna do there but another card you seem to just have to many of , while switch would be key for any game where you have to start with any thing that's not Registeel.

-1 Random Receiver
-1 Super Scoop Up
+2 Switch

@superpokemon aerodactly really helps me ko alot of things i like how it works in here.
@zaloog i really like random receiver, sometimes i like to use N over juniper and vice versa
ive toned down the eviolite count and SSU and up'd the energy count and added switch. will edit list.

16 Energy is way too many, especially in a deck with energy acceleration like Dark Patch.

- 4 Darkness Energy

+ 2 Bianca
+ 1 Emolga (Dragons Exalted)
+ 1 Sableye

the amount of energy is to ensure i get darkness energy in the discard turn one, testing/adjusting the list everyday.
dont need emolga since i dont need setup.
i feel comfortable with the current supporters i have
and 1 sable works fine, hes not critical to the strat

I would throw in 2 Super Scoop Ups, to heal damage off your Registeel's and Darkrai's.

-2 Dark Energy (10 Will be enough to get T1 Registeel still.)
+2 SSU

ive tried ssu, dead draw early game so i took them out to focus on speed/consistency.
was thinking of taking out 1 energy for 1 ssu but idk how reliable thatll be =/

ill try the -2 energy +2 ssu

Back