BW/BW2 Region-locking on DSi

JaySamuel

Ladies And Gents: I'm Back!!
After 30 minutes of "Googling" and a call to Nintendo Support USA, I found that I can't play a japanese Pokémon White on my english DSi. (The man I spoke to said it was called region-locking.) I was going to buy a Japanese Pokémon White but now I won't be able to actually PLAY it unless I buy a Japanese DSi, which I'm NOT spending $300 for on Play Asia. :( What do you guys think of this? I'm really agitated about this region-locking bull****. P.S. Is Pokémon B/W region locked? I want to make 100% sure of it.

Get a used DS Lite for 60 bucks and just play it on that. DS Lite's are not region locked.

Zorua said:
Get a used DS Lite for 60 bucks and just play it on that. DS Lite's are not region locked.
Well I just used my money to buy a DSi so I think I might go with that but Im not sure.

JaySamuel said:
Well I just used my money to buy a DSi so I think I might go with that but Im not sure.

Nothing you can really do other than suck it up or try that. You wont get a DSi/3DS to play other region games.

Zorua said:
Nothing you can really do other than suck it up or try that. You wont get a DSi/3DS to play other region games.

This thread was really just to ask for other's opinions on this. ~JS

In all honestly, you're probably better off with a DS Lite, or even the original DS. Sell your DSi back to whatever store you bought it from and buy 2 DS's with the money (you may need to fork over a few more bucks to cover the cost).

By the way, the games are only region locked for the systems they were mainly developed for; the DSi and all future products.

ISB said:
In all honestly, you're probably better off with a DS Lite, or even the original DS. Sell your DSi back to whatever store you bought it from and buy 2 DS's with the money (you may need to fork over a few more bucks to cover the cost).

By the way, the games are only region locked for the systems they were mainly developed for; the DSi and all future products.
You see, I bought a used DSi from Gamestop for $29 after all my coupons, savings, etc. I won't be able to buy even one DS Lite with $29.

DSL's are cheap XD. They are only $80.00 now. Save $160.00+tax and you can get 2 of them. Then you can transfer data too XD. Unless you have 2 DS's you can't transfer anything unless you trade with someone on Wi-Fi XD.:)

xxashxx said:
DSL's are cheap XD. They are only $80.00 now. Save $160.00+tax and you can get 2 of them. Then you can transfer data too XD. Unless you have 2 DS's you can't transfer anything unless you trade with someone on Wi-Fi XD.:)

Not sure if I have that money. I'll start doing surveys. ~JS

Is there a specific reason WHY you want to play the Japanese version? Wouldn't the English versions do just fine (or better, even)?

FireMeowth said:
Is there a specific reason WHY you want to play the Japanese version? Wouldn't the English versions do just fine (or better, even)?
Well it would be nice to have some Japanese shinies. Japanese games also make it easier to distribute Japanese Dittos.

Japanese stuff comes easy on the GTS XD. I had a Shiny Japanese Ho-oh but I traded it to fill my Pokedex for something else XD.:)

xxashxx said:
Japanese stuff comes easy on the GTS XD. I had a Shiny Japanese Ho-oh but I traded it to fill my Pokedex for something else XD.:)

I only see Level 9 or under legendaries.

Get a DSLite...just do it.
I have both DSiXL and a DSLite (which i LOVE, more than my DSi) they're pretty darn cheap as well, so I'd say go for a lite and if you have money anytime again you could get yourself another DSi

JaySamuel said:
I only see Level 9 or under legendaries.

That is because they are hacked except for Dialga Palkia and Giratina on Platinum and HG/SS and Regigigas on Platinum. If they are other than those 4 legends they are hacks. Don't trade for them unless you want a hack XD. Anyway DSl's are what you will need if you want the Japanese games to work. Don't know why you want them since they are $80.00 a piece plus S&H plus you need a DSL or two. That is roughly $240.00 for that package unless you want both games and 2 DSL's. That is around $320.00 plus tax and S&H XD.:)

xxashxx said:
That is because they are hacked except for Dialga Palkia and Giratina on Platinum and HG/SS and Regigigas on Platinum. If they are other than those 4 legends they are hacks. Don't trade for them unless you want a hack XD.

I think he meant that everybody wants level 9 and under legends.

You said you got it at gamestop right? Well just go back and do one of those trade in deal things were you get money off of another product for giving them your item. That way, you'll not only get more for you DSi but also money off of a DS lite or DS fat.

You can't 9 and under legends except for thos 4 Pokemon. if it is anything other than those 4 Pokemon and they are 9 and under then they are technically asking for hacks. What they want is wishful thinking. That will NEVER happen unless it is an event XD.:)

Back