Regigigas EX

DptyDoug

Team Avant Garde
I am very interested in playing Regigigas EX, I am just trying to get an idea what is a good combo with it. I have thought of Celebi prime for energy acceleration, Eeletrik also for same reason. I like Celebi Prime a little better cause it is a potentional turn 1 80 damage if you get a DCE and a grass with the right start. I have also thought of vileplume to slow them down. Reuncilus etc. But I was seeing if there is any other viable play options with Regigigas

Other options might include Kyurem, reshiram, zekrom, and tyrannitar/donphan prime for outrage and regigigas's attack for type coverage and major damage.

Regigigas-EX works well as a tech in MTC as that deck already uses Celebi, and having Regigigas-EX in there provides a very nice staller and additional attacker. Regigigas really can't work well on it's own because it needs a form of acceleration, and EX's are just not good as main attackers without some other form of support due to them giving off 2 prizes each. Either way, you could also tech in Regigigas into Magneel since there's acceleration there, and you could probably also use it in ZPST since there's the engine there too.

MTC is a great deck to run it in :) I have been playing online and at league with regigigas in my deck (have been using Regigigas lvl X as a proxy with reference text) and I like it as an addition to the deck :)

He is a big fat tank! and with DCE's and Celebi and shaymin (non EX) you can power him up in one turn no problem, and he's a great wall to put up against ZPST and his second attack is huge after facing a Bolt Strike :D But as it's being said he does give away 2 prizes and must be played carefully. There is no point using him to absorb a hit from Zekrom and KO him back if there is another attack waiting on the bench to fudge it up after =/

I have been looking at running it with confagirus (the one that moves damage counters off a benched pokemon), might make an interesting combo

A way I think would work with Regigigas (Haven't tested so don't report me for bad advice) is by using it with Rocky Helmet, Max Potion, Blissey Prime, Emboar/Eelektrik, and Fisherman. You would keep Gigas alive as long as possible and you would do Heavy damage each turn. You could also try playing it with the Pachi Shaymin engine

Back