• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Red Baron (Scizor/Cobalion)

sKizor

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon (17)
4 Scizor
4 Scyther
3 Cobalion
2 Zoroark
2 Zorua
1 Terrakion
1 Cleffa
Trainer (29)
4 PONT
3 Collector
3 Junk Arm
3 Juniper
3 Communication
3 Exp Share
3 Catcher
2 N
2 Switch
2 Super Rod
1 Black Belt
Energy (14)
4 Metal sp
7 Metal
3 Prism

The strategy is to start with scyther and have scizor up and swinging away by t-2. because of all the big hitters in this format, energy management is what can win or cost you the game. that is where exp share comes in. since most things in this format can 1 or 2 shot any of my pokemon keeping energy on the field is the most important. scizor is to stop any attacker with special energies. cobalion is my secondary attacker as well as mewtwo counter. and zoroark is in there for those pesky high damage basic pokemon like zekrom and of course mewtwo as well. terrakion is also there for revenge kills as well as help mymatchup against magnezone. personally i really like this deck and with states approaching this could very well be what i'm gonna play. i would just like some opinions and some suggestions as well.

RE: Red Baron

Why zoroark?
-2 Zoroark (just isn't that great in the format)
-2 zorua
-1 cleffa (you want to start with skarmory)

+3 Skarmory (to help set up faster)
+1 Mewtwo EX
+1 collector

Hope I helped. You want to start with skarmory to load up cobalion and scizor at the same time and while its attacking you further load energies on scizor.
I think that maybe an extra mew two can be put. Maybe a kyurem EX would help too.

Id add a better secondary attacker, I was thinking Steelix Prime It allows you to get energy back from discard. I also thought that 3-3 scizor would suffice, as it wont get KOED fast at all. U could also add Klinklang to move energy Around.then, though, a 4th exp share would be nessecary.

the problem with kingklang is its difficulty to have it stay alive because it can easily be catchered for a OHKO if attacking with scizor. Im not so sure about steelix though because energy retrieval and fisherman can get the energies back.

but it can easily be OHKOd by zekrom EX, and reshiram EX, which seem to be 2 popular decks. With energy retrieval you can just keep attacking using cobalion or something.

But it still uses up your attatch for the turn. Steelix wont stick around forever, duh. Though energy accelleration is vital 2 this!

honestly i hate skarmory as a starter. i understand it lets me get a sp metal energy and attach it. but its a waste of an energy drop, its a waste of a prize, and just a waste of deck space. but thats just my opinion.

Skarmory is no waste what soever he can accelerate scizor faster then u may think if you haven't tested it against the new EX pokémon then you should before scrapping the idea right away.

In a deck with only two Switch and fifteen Basic Pokemon (counting four Skarmory), opening with Skarmory and attaching T1 is going to be a pain.

Magnezone_Elf said:
Id add a better secondary attacker, I was thinking Steelix Prime It allows you to get energy back from discard. I also thought that 3-3 scizor would suffice, as it wont get KOED fast at all. U could also add Klinklang to move energy Around.then, though, a 4th exp share would be nessecary.

No Klinklang, no Steelix. Adding those two is way too much of a hassle (especially the former), and break the strategy of denying attackers. Steelix has already lost all of its bulk now, as it will take too long for it to setup under a format of hard hitters.

Thats my thoughts, and im just trying to help, if they dont work, then they dont work. Also, what does skarmory do?

Add in electrode prime instead of zoroark to accelerate energies faster, and no skarmory, just a waste of energy drop. Shaymin would also be nice.

Jirachi said:
the problem with kingklang is its difficulty to have it stay alive because it can easily be catchered for a OHKO if attacking with scizor. Im not so sure about steelix though because energy retrieval and fisherman can get the energies back.

The only time he will ever get OHKO'd is from a , and if it doesn't OHKO him, Klinklang can hold his own against anything.

This thread surprises me, you all are massively underestimating metal Pokemon. I run a steel deck, and it's amazing against any deck, but the ideas you're giving him, they aren't very good to be honest. You want to start with a skarmory in any metal deck to get the four specials out quick, if you run an energy stacker like Scizor, you want to have Klinklang so you can freely move energy, Steelix is still a tank if played right, and Cobalian should be the main attacker becaus he stops your opponent from attacking.

I think cobalion should be used while scizor is setting up, and it is pretty good against mewtwo EX as well. I think of scizor more of a co-attacker. An analogy could be that cobalion's role is like yanmega's role in Yanmega/magnezone while scizor is like magnezone. Cobalion and scizor should be like equal attackers because while cobalion can do well earlier on, scizor has a great advantage against decks that run special energy and scizor can OHKO pokemon once setup.

^Wow, you guys are saying everything that I would, except better. Bevause, as Jirachi said, Scizor can OHKO even EXs when setup and takes no damage from Pokémon using spec {M} OR {D} energy as well as DCE and prism, though Cobalion can stall anything ans sets up quicker.

Please add the names of the main Pokémon in your deck to the title. Thanks.

due to all the eel decks around. ive also been thinking about running terrakion over cobalion, butim not sure

One of my league leaders plays this deck and it is pretty good. :D What you really do is lock whichever way possible, attack, or by special energies, since people play those alot. Skarmory helps the deck alot, but I don't see why Zoroark is necessary. I say you should add shaymin UL to move energies around more than EXP share can.

sKizor said:
due to all the eel decks around. ive also been thinking about running terrakion over cobalion, butim not sure

If your really considering it, you should run 2-2 Terrakion Cobalion. Don't make the Terrakion count go over the Cobalions, because:
A. Terrakion is a counter and not a main attacker.
B. Cobalion is more important to the deck
C. You never want to start with Terrakion.

Back