• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Raticate / Sableye / Lasers

starpilot11

Pokemon Master
Pokemon 11

• 4 Rattata
  • 4 Raticate Boundries Crossed
  • 3 Sableye Dark Explorers
Trainers 37

• 3 N
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 2 Cheren
  • 4 Rescue Scarf
  • 3 Super Rod
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 3 Potion
  • 4 Asprita City Gym
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Life Dew
Energy 12

• 8 Darkness Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy
Charge Raticate with combination of DCE, Dark Patch, and manual dark attachment. Then get of a T2 super fang with laser poison for a OHKO on anything and then, with Raticates free retreat, recycle lasers with Junk Hunt. Attach float stone to Sableye to get Raticate back up and repeat.

The trick is keeping all your pokemon alive since they are all 70 HP or under (with Sableye being the toughest :)). Asprita and potions should do it for long enough to win. Not sure what ace spec this deck needs, I was thinking comp search or life dew.

RE: Raticate/Sableye/Lasers

wait umm dark patching Raticate? It only works on dark types. Also potions and the 20 extra hp probably wont help too much. If anything you want rescue scarfs and or giant capes for the rat as well if you plan on keeping it alive.

I think the Ace Spec should be life dew considering that all of your pokemon are non EXs. And it would work with sableyes attack too.

Good suggestions. Slipped up on the dark patch there, thx for catching that. I like eviolite more than giant cape, I'm not to worried about lasers because of the 4 Asprita. Life dew was my initial thought too as it would be incredibly annoying to have to get 7 KOs:).

List updated.

eviolite only works on basic pokemon. So it has no effect on raticate.

Ivy_Profen said:
eviolite only works on basic pokemon. So it has no effect on raticate.

Thanks again. Wow I need to remember the tools more (Blastoise/Keldeo, my deck, only has the tool float stone, so I'm not that great with tools, yet:))

Deck list updated.

Something you may want to consider, that i've seen in a deck that runs on hypnotoxics.

2-1-2 Metagross

Its basic is a good starter since it can arrange the top 4 cards however you want. Its last form, is a team plasma pokemon that looks for team plasma cards in a deck, once card per turn. So this way you can grab the 1 lasers whenever you want. in addition to that you can also add in shadow triad, allowing you to use more lasers. Once again, once per turn.

The only thing is that it would probably take up too much space if you also use it with sableye. But this way you can have like 6 lasers and not have to waste a turn junk hunting.

Ivy_Profen said:
Something you may want to consider, that i've seen in a deck that runs on hypnotoxics.

2-1-2 Metagross

Its basic is a good starter since it can arrange the top 4 cards however you want. Its last form, is a team plasma pokemon that looks for team plasma cards in a deck, once card per turn. So this way you can grab the 1 lasers whenever you want. in addition to that you can also add in shadow triad, allowing you to use more lasers. Once again, once per turn.

The only thing is that it would probably take up too much space if you also use it with sableye. But this way you can have like 6 lasers and not have to waste a turn junk hunting.

I really like the Shadow Triad idea, but I prefer Sableye over a stage 2 line up.

Back