• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Raticate/Hypnotoxic (Or Toxicate)

Salamencetrainer34

I am out of smash codes.
Pokemon

• 4 Rattata (either 2 Plasma freeze and 2 boundaries crossed or 4 plasma freeze)
    4 Raticate (Boundaries crossed all)
    2 Tynamo (Spark)
    2 Dynomotor eelektrik
    3 Junk hunt sableye
Trainers
4 Level balls
2 Random receivers
3 Prof. Junipers
2 Ultra balls
3 N
2 Virbank city gyms (Might replace with 2 Skyarrows)
2 Ghetsis
3 Eviolite
2 Ethers
3 Pokémon catchers
4 Hypnotoxic lasers
2 Cheren
1 Life dew
Energy

• 4 Double Colorless energy
    3 Dark energy
    5 Lightning energy
Strategy
Pretty obvious. Just set up raticate ASAP, use Dynotrics to acclerate energy to raticate, use Hypnotoxic laser and then Super fang for a OHKO.

ALL RATTATA FROM PLASMA FREEZE!!! And Skyarrow will be completely useless here.
-2 Ghetsis
-2 Ultra Ball(everything is Level Ball'able)
-2 Ether
+4 Ditto
Try to never play any Rattata or Tynamo, instead place Ditto in T1 and place both Rattata and Raticate/Tynamo and Eelektrik at once in T2.
+2 Pokemon Communication

Salamencetrainer34 said:
But, I dislike Ditto! It is confusing, like the thread!

But it's safer. A Landorus-EX can snipe donk a Rattata on T1 perfectly easy, but on the other hand Ditto has 70HP, way more relyable. Me, personally, disliked Ditto from the deep of my soul when it first came out, but it was because I didn't understand how useful it was. Just give it a try and you'll see it will be easier to set up. ;)

Luispipe8 said:
Salamencetrainer34 said:

But it's safer. A Landorus-EX can snipe donk a Rattata on T1 perfectly easy, but on the other hand Ditto has 70HP, way more relyable. Me, personally, disliked Ditto from the deep of my soul when it first came out, but it was because I didn't understand how useful it was. Just give it a try and you'll see it will be easier to set up. ;)

Hmm... All right, so Ditto will be like a meat shield so the others can set up?

Salamencetrainer34 said:

Kind of, it's just that playing a 30HP basic it's too risky, Ditto just helps getting them a bit more safely, knowing that you won't be donked.

Luispipe8 said:
Salamencetrainer34 said:

Kind of, it's just that playing a 30HP basic it's too risky, Ditto just helps getting them a bit more safely, knowing that you won't be donked.

That makes sense! Thanks! Why did you leave the ghetsis out though? Or you needed room?

Because of both space and the fact that(for me) Ghetsis' only use in on Trainer Lock decks(Gothitelle, Zebstrika...) to discard the items stacking up on the opponent's hand.

-2 Virbank City Gym
-2 Eviolite
+2 Aspertia City Gym
+2 Giant Cape

Can't complain about a little bit of bulk when Raticate is so damn frail. Not to mention Eviolite will only really work with your Sableyes (or Dittos as mentioned above) so Giant Cape still works with evolved Pokémon.

Ryan Sinclair said:
-2 Virbank City Gym
-2 Eviolite
+2 Aspertia City Gym
+2 Giant Cape

Can't complain about a little bit of bulk when Raticate is so damn frail. Not to mention Eviolite will only really work with your Sableyes (or Dittos as mentioned above) so Giant Cape still works with evolved Pokémon.

And also that Virbank is useless as Super Fang leaves the defending with 10HP.

Salamencetrainer34 said:

LOL
This deck is missing Cobalion-EX and Durant,with the help of Ditto of course (ROFL)

With the eelektrik/Sableye set up,this is good. I would however lower your Raticate spread and -1 Sableye

I built this deck. I called it "prelimbic cortex"

4x Ditto (eventually i took it out,i think? lol)
2x Sableye
3-3 Raticate
4x Durant NV
2x Cobalion-EX
===================
3x Enhanced Hammer
2x Crushing Hammer
1x Super rod
2x Skyla
4x Team plasma badge
(Forgot the rest sorry :( )
==================
4x DCE
4x Plasma energy
5x Metal energy
2x prism energy
(I think thats how i had it)

Well,it's a start.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
I Did you test it?

Yep! and it was great. The idea is to make the other player run out of energy and cards from there deck.

What you do is: Use Cobalion-EX for your starter to discard plasma/special energy from there active card.After you take out there energy,start using Durant to discard there deck. once you get Raticate built up switch him as your active and let Raticate do its job.
With the enhanced hammer you can get a boost if you need to take out there bench.

This deck works well if you are up against Kyurem/Deoxys-ex
I have seen others use Snorlax PS with Raticate/lasers

20 Pokemon
3 Tynamo
3 Eelektrik
4 Rattata
4 Raticate
2 Sableye
4 Ditto
2 Level Ball
2 Ultra Ball (to discard lightning energy)
(you may want to go 3 level ball and 1 ultra ball)
28 Trainers
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
2 Aspertia City Gym
3 Pokemon Catcher
1 Life Dew
2 Giant Cape
4 N
4 Professor Juniper
3 Skyla
1 Colress
12 Energy
3 Dark
4 Double Coloreless
5 Lightning

or you could do this
15 Pokemon
4 Rattata
4 Raticate
4 Ditto
2 Sableye
1 Tornadus EX (DE)
33 Trainers
3 Level Ball
1 Pokemon Comuinication
4 Colress Machine
3 Pokemon Catcher
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
1 Aspertia City Gym
1 Virbank City Gym
3 Team Plasma Badge
1 Computer Search/Dowsing Machine
3 N
4 Professor Juniper
2 Shadow Triad
3 Skyla
12 Energy
4 Double Colorless
4 Dark Energy
4 Plasma

PTCGMASTER said:
btw if ditto has 3 damadge counters on him you cant evolve him to a rattata

rattata in Plasma Freeze is 4 damage counters.Kyurem wont OHKO when sniped.

Back