Raichu Partners

Tsukeo

Skitty is so cute! <3
43-raichu.jpg

I was wondering if there are any way to base a deck around this Raichu? What kind of cards've good synergy with it, and what is it weaknesses etc, etc.

I was thinking about maybe playing this with Greninja, as he easily can take out Raichu's biggest weakness: Ground, also Greninja makes for a great benchwarmer: being able to deal 30 damage to any of my opponents Pokémon just by discarding a Water Energy. Also, Raichu with a Silver Bangle/Muscle Band would deal 130 or 120 damage each turn, respectively. Any ideas as to what more to add to this deck idea? Keep in mind that I am a returned player with a limited budget, but I have 6 Rare Candies (do not know what they go for now-a-days) and some old staples, but not anything new.

RE: Are there any way to play Raichu alone?

To answer the thread's title: No, you can't effectively run Raichu alone, since you would only ever be able to have 3 benched Pokemon.

That said, it seems like it might work with Greninja XY, but I believe you've overlooked the fact that Greninja's attack ignores weakness and resistance, so it would not effectively counter anything. Also, I don't really see the advantage that Raichu has over Miltank FLF besides typing and a slightly higher maximum damage capacity, which I don't feel is enough to justify it's lower health, and being a Stage 1.

Really, Raichu is at its best when it's a tech card. It's main draw is, and always has been it's typing. It takes cheap knockouts on some specific Pokemon, and does well enough elsewhere to justify it's inclusion in decks. But it's not strong enough to be it's own main attacker. It's meant to pull you ahead in a matchup so that you're hard hitters can reliably get the job done, that's all.

Raichu is a tech. That is all it can do. It is a good card, but not good enough to carry it's own deck. Miltank works best with Greninja because you can get him out with 100 health and doing 80 damage for 1 energy on Turn 1. Also Raichu needs two energy, and it is better for greninja decks to only run Water Energy so it takes two turns for him to get powered up.

So, Miltank is a better bet? Are there some interesting, (but cheap) tech I could toy around with if I do use Miltank?

Also, with the Raichu's weakness even Lucario could x2 him as ground, rock, and fighting are all classified as fighting in the PTCG, and your answer to Miltank combos is Greninja, and techs could include Raichu, but you would have to run DCE or power up in 2 turns with the former being the better one with the burden of having to take up 2-4 spaces in your deck. other techs right now in the metagame are dedenne to draw pokemon and counter yveltal, Mewtwo, would also require DCE, but counters Lucario decks and its x ball is just OP

Miltank / Greninja is a legit deck, and can be very scary to have to deal with once it sets up. The Math is perfect. Miltank does 110 with Silver Bangle. Two Water Shurikens is a KO on most EX's in format.

Back