Ruling quick question about using old darkness energies

ryter78

Actually a Ditto in disguise
Is it tournament legal to use the special darkness energy cards?
in other words are the old and new darkness energies the same card just wording is changed? I need to know because the old ones are the only one in stock as well as being a lot less expensive o_o

No Special Dark energy are not legal anymore. The only legal Dark energies are Basic Dark. They should not be to expensive since they come in theme decks. Or look around on our Trading Forum. I'm sure you can get them cheap. Best of luck!

in other words are the old and new darkness energies the same card just wording is changed?
They are most certainly not the same card. The effects are completely different:

~This card provides {D} Energy
~This card provides {D} Energy, and when attached to a {D} Pokemon, its attacks do 10 more damage to the Defending Pokemon

On top of which, one of them is a Special Energy, and is therefore limited to 4 per deck. Basic Energy is unlimited.

DNA I think he ment the first print of special dark and the newest print of special dark from COL. They are the same card and you must play it as the newest version printed since they were errated. But they still are not tourney legal in the BW-on format.

Back