Ruling Quick Question About This Special Energy.

Monsterblood12

Aspiring Trainer
113-night-maintenance.jpg

With this trainer card you can bring back 3 pokemon or a couple of pokemon + plus an energy from your discard pile?? Seems a little too good to be true... Could I get an expert opinion on the use of this card, please? :p

RE: Question about this trainer card...

You are correct. You can take up to 3 cards in any combination of pokémon and/or basic energy from your discard pile, show them to your opponent and shuffle them into your deck

I have another question about Eviolite
91-eviolite.jpg

Is this card discarded once it takes effect? Or does it remain on the pokemon until the pokemon is knocked out?

It remains until the Pokémon it is attached to is KO'd or if it's discarded by cards like Tool Scrapper or Startling Megaphone.

Does this Eviolite also protect damage done by special conditions like burned, confusion, etc. ?
Or only base attack damage?

Monsterblood12 said:
Does this Eviolite also protect damage done by special conditions like burned, confusion, etc. ?
Or only base attack damage?

It only protects against attack damage.

I have another question about the night maintenance card. It says you have to 'Shuffle the cards into your deck'. Does this mean I have to randomly slide the cards into my deck (which I normally do) or do I have to reshuffle my deck completely? what would you do under tournament-type circumstances?

Monsterblood12 said:
I have another question about the night maintenance card. It says you have to 'Shuffle the cards into your deck'. Does this mean I have to randomly slide the cards into my deck (which I normally do) or do I have to reshuffle my deck completely? what would you do under tournament-type circumstances?

Under normal tournament conditions, you would completely reshuffle your deck. In fact the correct way to do this is reshuffle your deck, regardless of whether or not it is a tournament :)

Remember at a tournament, your opponent has the choice to either shuffle or cut your deck after you have shuffled it. If they choose to shuffle, you are then entitled to cut your deck.

Hope that helps,

Pope.

thanks I have another quick question about this card:
http://pokebeach.com/scans/gym-heroes/125-sabrina's-gaze.jpg
It says: ...draw the same number of cards...
I'm assuming it means the same number of cards you shuffled into your deck...?

Monsterblood12 said:
thanks I have another quick question about this card:
http://pokebeach.com/scans/gym-heroes/125-sabrina's-gaze.jpg
It says: ...draw the same number of cards...
I'm assuming it means the same number of cards you shuffled into your deck...?

Yes, you are correct in assuming this.

I'm getting this Trainer Card but I first have a question about it
http://pokebeach.com/scans/ex-legend-maker/75-giant-stump.jpg
Let's say my opponent has 5 benched pokemon. Then on my turn, I throw this stadium card into play. He/She discards two of his/her benched pokemon. Would I take two prize cards?

Q. When you discard benched Pokémon as Giant Stump comes into play, does the opponent get to take prizes for my discarded Pokémon?
A. No, the Pokémon get discarded but they are not KO'd, so the opponent does not get to take any prizes for them. (Feb 16, 2006 PUI Rules Team)

RE: Expert Opinion on Night Maintenance

this card - when you place it on your active, does your opponent get to choose what pokemon he switches with his active, or do I? Also, what happens if he doesn't have any benched pokemon to switch with?
http://pokebeach.com/scans/skyridge/143-cyclone-energy.jpg

RE: Quick question about this special energy...

They choose, and if they don't have a bench, it has no additional effect.

Oh I had another question on that card. it says: ...When you attach this card to your active pokemon...
but you don't HAVE to attach it to your active pokemon, right? that's only for the cyclone effect to take place?

For the effect to take place, you need to attach the card to your active pokemon.

There is nothing stopping you from attaching it to one of your benched pokemon, unless the csrd stipulates you can not. You just would not get the effect.

Back