Ruling Questions about past and present Deoxys cards

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Alright, now I've got questions about the Deoxys cards.

The non-ex Deoxys from before the DP era had Poke-Powers that allowed them to replace themselves with another Deoxys from the deck. The text of said cards are below.
Deoxys Poke-Power said:
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your deck for another Deoxys and switch it with Deoxys. (Any cards attached to Deoxys, damage counters, Special Conditions, and effects on it are now on the new Pokémon.) If you do, put Deoxys on top of your deck. Shuffle your deck afterward. You can't use more than 1 Form Change Poké-Power each turn.
1. The card says "another Deoxys". Would I be able to get a Deoxys ex or any of the Deoxys from LA (which state which form they're in similar to Shellos and Gastrodon)?

Now, when the Deoxys cards from LA came out, the text slightly changed (which I'll bold below). The text for the Poke-Power of Deoxys Normal Forme is below.
Deoxys Normal Forme Poke-Power said:
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your deck for any Deoxys and switch it with Deoxys Normal Forme. (Any cards attached to Deoxys Normal Forme, damage counters, Special Conditions, and effects on it are now on the new Pokémon.) If you do, put Deoxys Normal Forme on top of your deck. Shuffle your deck afterward. You can't use more than 1 Form Change Poké-Power each turn.
2. Is "any Deoxys" just a fancy way of saying "another Deoxys"?
3. Can I get a Deoxys ex with this Poke-Power? (Since when this was released, "any Deoxys" includes the Deoxys from LA and the ones from HP and DX (and 1 from EM).)

Thanks in advance for answering.

1. You would be able to get a Deoxys from LA with EX Deoxys Form Change Poke-Power, since those have Deoxys as their name with "_____ Form" as the subtitle. However you can't get a Deoxys ex, since the name of the card is "Deoxys ex" and not Deoxys. If it said to get a card with Deoxys in its name, that'd be a different story.
2. Pretty much.
3. See answer one - nope. You can get pretty much any other Deoxys with it though (provided it wasn't an Owner's Deoxys card of some sort).

It's a really interesting question to say the least and thanks for bringing it up. If a professor disagrees with me, they can reply to this...

Back