PSA: Super Metroid 30 cents on Wii U Virtual Console

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
There's not much to say here... Super Metroid. Thirty Cents 'til June 12th on Wii U. Go get it (Even if you're not interested right now :p).

Now for the thread's second purpose, and that is to discuss this game!

I have owned Super Metroid... Three times now. My brother passed his Super Nintendo cart down to me when he moved out, then I got it on the Wii's Virtual Console, and now once again on the Wii U Virtual Console. You'd think that with so many chances to beat it I would have done so. Noooope. I always got stuck after obtaining the Super Missiles (Then Power Bomb today!). I have a whole pride thing going on, and refuse to look up guides... but with Miiverse, I can simply ask, "General area to go now?"

After getting past that point I was stuck at for so many years, I can happily say that this game is great. It's not quite the "Perfection of Perfection" so many tote it as, but it's certainly good. The custom controls in-game (and on the Wii U) makes the game comfortable for pretty much anyone.

I just beat Phantoon with a mere 49 health left. I didn't know how to dodge the swirling flames until he had damaged me quite a bit with it. He was certainly an annoying boss due to the erratic movements, but it really makes you feel accomplished when you beat him! (For the first time. Be quiet, any pros. :<)

So... Yeah. Discuss. If you want. Or just buy the game. Either one works.

I bought it with Nintendo Club coins just before this promotion started, and they sent me an email saying they refunded my coins.

Despite what happened recently with Youtube, Good Guy Nintendo.

Honestly this game is one of the best 2D games in the whole series. I personally prefer Prime over this game when comparing all of them in the series, but it's honestly still fantastic. Whenever I get my eventual Wii U, I'll be sure to upgrade my Wii VC version and replay through it again on the Gamepad (because that looks pretty fun to me).

dmaster out.

Back