Art Gallery Prof's Fake Cards (2017 is here!) (Text Based)

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Hey guys. I've been making fake card spoilers on and off for about 6 years and I decided that it'd be fun to make a thread here to motivate me into making more fake cards. I'm not an artist so it's just the text stuff (though if you want to make the image that'd be awesome) and I'm not familiar with the TCG as a whole right now (so if there's grammatical errors on the cards, feel free to point them out).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spr_6x_166_m.png

Ledian - Grass - 90 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Ledian

Delta Evolution: You may play this card from your hand to evolve one of your Pokemon during your first turn or during the turn you play that Pokemon.

Ability: Tailwind
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may put a card from your hand on the bottom of your deck. If you do, draw cards from the top of your deck until you have five cards in your hand.

[G][C] U-Turn 40
Switch this Pokemon with one of your benched Pokemon.

Weakness: [R]
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C]
2/76

When the stars flicker in the night sky, it flutters about, scattering a glowing powder.

Spr_6x_121.png

Starmie - Water - 90 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Staryu

Alpha Growth: When you attach an energy card from your hand to this Pokemon (except with an attack, Ability or Trainer Card), you may attach 2 Energy cards.

[W] Luminous Core 40+
This attack does 20 more damage for each energy attached to this Pokemon. Before doing damage, you may search your discard pile for an energy card and attach it to this Pokemon.

Weakness: [G]
Resistance:
Retreat Cost:
15/76

Starmie's center section - the core - glows brightly in seven colors. Because of its luminous nature, this Pokémon has been given the nickname "the gem of the sea."

Spr_6x_312.png

Minun - Lightning - 50 HP
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Minus
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon by Pokemon that have 2 or more energy attached to them.

[C] Entrainment
Shuffle your hand into your deck and draw 7 cards.

Weakness: [F]
Resistance: [M]
23/76

Minun loves to cheer on its partner in battle. It gives off sparks from its body while it is doing so. If its partner is in trouble, this Pokémon gives off increasing amounts of sparks.

Spr_6x_676.png

Furfrou - Colorless - 100 HP
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Fur Coat
Any damage done to your Pokemon (excluding Pokemon-EX) by attacks from your opponent's Pokemon is reduced by 30.

[C][C] Endeavor 10x
This attack does 10 damage times the number of damage counters on this Pokemon.

Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C]
59/76

Trimming its fluffy fur not only makes it more elegant but also increases the swiftness of its movements.

Stadium

Each player can only have 3 Pokemon on his or her bench.

When this card comes into play, each player discards Benched Pokemon until he or she has 3 Pokemon on his or her bench. The owner of this card discards first.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can't play this card.

71/76

Pokemon Tool - Attach a Pokemon Tool to one of your Pokemon that doesn't already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

The Pokemon this card is attached to is now Poisoned. Whenever the Pokemon this card is attached to is attacked by an attack from your opponent's Pokemon (even if this Pokemon is knocked out), the attacking Pokemon is now Poisoned.

73/76

I take requests so if there's a card on the set list you want to see, let me know and I'll probably do it.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's going to be a lot of cards are going to be references to older cards. With the ones I've posted, you've already noticed how Ledian has Claydol GE's Cosmic Power. Beyond that, Starmie is a buffed Blissey SW, Minun is essentially Cleffa HGSS and Furfrou is a buffed Abomasnow SF.

Though some cards will be exceptions. Like this one...

Spr_6x_596.png

Galvantula - Lightning - 80 HP

Ability: Volt Switch
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard a card from your hand. If you do, draw 2 cards.

[C][C][C] Night March 20x
This attack does 20 damage times the number of Pokemon in your discard pile that have the Night March attack.

Resistance: [M]
27/76

It creates barriers from electrified silk that stun foes. This works as a weapon as well as a defense.

Yeah, Night March is the deck I love playing right now. Totally not biased with this guy. Nope. Nadda.

I'm actually wondering if it'd be a useful card in the deck aside from the obvious Night March fodder. The ability seems like a decent enough way of getting Night Marchers in the discard pile from your hand while also offering draw support. But it'd also require more energy investment than is typical in the deck (a double colorless energy).

I like ledian and minun, but isn't starmie overpowered? I know starmie tends to be, lately, but still.

If you don't mind custom blanks and grabbing illustrations from anywhere else for your cards, I can help you with the images; I've been doing a lot of cards, but the spoilers and the illustrations are what is stopping me.

This is an example of the type of cards I can do; it's mostly similar to the regular layout, but a bit more streamlined. Although I don't have a design done for ancient traits at the moment.

That'd be cool light! It's by no means expected but if you want to do some, that'd be awesome.

Starmie seems kinda borderline, but it's a 90HP Pokemon meaning that it gets KOed super easily by anything. Being able to collect DCE from the discard pile might push it over the edge (as it's effectively 40 damage). But I think it's fine considering that it might get a kill in one turn, it'll get revenge KOed pretty much right away, and it's a lot of resources to pump into a single 90HP card.

Got hit with one last burst of creativity tonight and then I'll start again tomorrow. If you guys want to suggest stuff for me to make spoilers for, suggest them!

Stadium

Each player flips his or her deck face up.

When this card is removed from play, each player flips his or her deck face down.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can't play this card.

72/76

I don't think this card has any competitive value, but I thought it was too interesting of an effect to ignore.

Here you go; it seems I was inspired tonight.
I usually can't do the illustrations for the cards I have to do, but, this time I had an idea for starmie, so, why not.

x4u2EdP.png

I may fix some things on the ancient trait box later; I don't like too much how the alpha growth text isn't on the middle of the red box.

EDIT: Grumble grumble judges and formatting. Why isn't there a style guide for card faking?

EDIT EDIT: This is what happens when you forget that the alpha is supposed to be the blue one.

Last edited:
I love it light! Thanks so much.

After the dubious playability that Prism Tower had, I feel like this next card could turn the format on its head. Introducing...

Spr_6x_217_m.png

Ursaring - Colorless - 120 HP

Theta Stop - This Pokemon cannot be affected by your opponent's Pokemon's abilities.

Ability: Intimidating Ring
As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, your opponent's Basic Pokemon can't attack.

[C][C] Drag Off 50+
Before doing damage, you may switch the Defending Pokemon with one of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. If you do, this attack does 20 more damage.

[C][C][C][C] Giga Impact 130
This Pokemon can't attack next turn.

Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]
54/76

Although it has a large body, it is quite skilled at climbing trees. It eats and sleeps in the treetops.

It's like Pyroar, but magnified! Like Pyroar, Ursaring struggles at dealing damage (though Drag Off+Muscle Band 2HKOs EXs with the bonus damage). The higher retreat cost sucks. The ability can't be shut off through Garbodor or Wobbuffet thanks to Theta Stop, and the ability is much better than Pyroar's despite seeming similar. It's also splashable due to colorless energy. The inability to attack shuts down so many decks. The biggest difference is that the inability to attack stops Seismitoad-EX from using it's item lock as it can't use Quaking Punch. However, Ursaring struggles against evolution decks as it lacks damage output and is slow to get going. Overall, I feel like this is a card that would cause a significant metagame shift, though that shift would shift the metagame away from this card, this card would keep the metagame from reverting back to the way it was, even though the metagame doesn't accommodate the card very well.

And yeah, the card is based on Ursaring UF.

Last edited:
I'm happy you like it; whenever you want more, just let me know, since with your spoilers and my blank system, I can make them very quick, so it won't be a problem; Just tell me the card (if you could add the number, height, weight and such data that would be lovely, and I'd do it much faster), the illustration (since I usually procrastinate with the drawings, until I have the idea or the energy to do them), and I'll do it, no problem at all.

I'd propose to work together, but you know the metagame, and I don't know anything about it, as heavenly spoon could tell you, so I'll just be watching; just let me know if you want to see a card on image, or all of them (that would take a bit longer, though).

>CaC judge comes flailing in

"'Card' and 'Discard Pile' should not be capitalised, 'active' and 'benched' should be capitalised, all written numbers should be integers and energy attached to the Pokemon is simply 'Energy'. Thankyou and goodbye."

nm the drama, mind the rulings :p
It's really exciting to see you, PP, of all people making fakes. Already enjoying it!

Thanks @bbninjas . Though next time it'd be cool if you could tell me where the mistake is so I'm not spending so much time derping around trying to find it.

2 for 1 special today!

This card can only be attached to an Evolved Pokemon (excluding Pokemon-EX).

This card provides [C] energy. If you have more Prize Cards remaining than your opponent, this card provides every type of energy, but only 3 at a time.

If the Pokemon this card is attached to is no longer an Evolved Pokemon, discard this card.
75/76

Stadium

Each player's Pokemon's attacks do 10 more damage for each prize card he or she has taken. Ignore this effect if that player has more prize cards remaining than their opponent. No more than 50 damage can be added in this way.

74/76

Comeback Energy is designed to do what it says on the box; help you get back in the game. If you're behind, it's a triple rainbow energy at no consequence. But then when you have achieved your comeback, the card is fairly worthless as it stops providing the cost. In a way, it'll always help you win the game, but it won't actually win the game for you. It is deliberately excluded from Basic Pokemon as Pokemon-EX are too strong to to use this card, and all it would do would make them better. Keen readers will notice that it's a reprint of Scramble Energy (from Dragon Frontiers), one of the most important cards from the ex era and a consistent staple.

Victory Road is unique as far as I'm aware. I'm not entirely sure how to word it, but it's a card that rewards you for currently winning the game. I can't recall any card that rewards you for currently winning the game. I can think of some that reward you for currently losing the game (Twins, Scramble Energy, Sage's Training). I'm not sure on how much of a staple this card will be. An extra 10-50 damage, as TCG players know, can be the difference between a KO and not. It's why Muscle Band, Hypnotoxic Laser and Bats are so popular right now, and why cards like Crobat G and Jolteon * were so powerful back in the day. However, if you start losing the game, you not only lose the effect, but your opponent gains the effect, and that effect will be potent. I don't think this card could be the only stadium in a deck, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it as a 1-of card in most decks as the extra damage can add up to a lot.

Let's try something new with the hope of getting some feedback this time.

Spr_6x_225.png

Delibird-EX - Water - 150HP

Ability: Gift Gathering
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may search your opponent's discard pile for a Supporter card and use the effect of that card as the effect of this ability. (The Supporter card remains in your opponent's discard pile) You can't use more than one Gift Collecting Ability each turn.

[W][C][C] Freeze-Dry 70
During your opponent's next turn, your opponent's Pokemon in play, in his or her hand and in his or her discard pile have no abilities.

Weakness: [M]
Resistance: [F]
19/76

It nests at the edge of sharp cliffs. It spends all day carrying food to its awaiting chicks.

Ah Gardevoir/Gallade. Widely considered to be one of the most dominant decks in TCG history due to the ability to shut down an opponent's entire setup and take prizes very quickly. And it's been reborn to an extent in the form of an unassuming Delibird (though I did consider Dunsparce). The idea here is that you get a second supporter a turn, meaning you get a ton of setup opportunities, especially considering we're in a format where supporters form the bulk of our set up (with Jirachi-EX and Shaymin-EX being two of few exceptions). This removes a lot of opportunity costs involved in supporters, and so you could run cards like Xerosic or AZ without feeling like you're missing out on a Juniper, N, Lysandre or other staple supporter, because you can use your opponents. I think the attack could be really interesting here, as you're shutting cards down like Shaymin-EX, Exeggcute, Bats, Genesect-EX, Empoleon and Bronzong (note that abilities like Garbotoxin and Intimidating Mane are shut off but they don't do anything during your opponent's turn and will be back in action when it is your turn). However, the card is very frail for EX standards. But that doesn't change that Delibird-EX could be a meta defining deck considering of how much of a lock it could have on the opponent.

I think it is quite balanced, except for one thing. The gift gathering, I think, should be only able to be activated when the Delibird is your Active Pokemon, a bit like Smeargle from HGSS.

Isn't 150 HP slightly too much for a delibird, even an EX one? I have no idea about the metagame, but it strikes me as a bit out of place for delibird... 100, maybe 110 HP, if you want to be generous, would be more logical, since regular delibirds have around 70 HP.

I'm not sure what to do with the HP. Emolga had 110, but Skarmory had 170. I looked at one other that had 130, so I kinda planted it in that ballpark.

I always thought that HP in the TCG was a number that combined the pokemon's HP, defense and special defense from the games (and maybe their 0.5 resistances?), so it would make sense that skarmory has more than emolga; maybe 120 would be good for delibird? a little more than emolga, but nowhere near a resistant pokemon like skarmory?

So hi! I'm back.

A new setlist has been posted because it's been something I've been working on for a while. I hope you find it interesting!

Here are a few cards to get you excited!

Meganium - 100 HP - [G]
Stage 2 Pokemon - Evolves from Bayleef

Poke-Power: Healing Scent
Once during your turn (before your attack), if Meganium is your Active Pokemon, you may flip a coin. If heads, choose one of your Benched Pokemon. If that Pokemon has a Shadow Marker attached to it, remove it.

[G][G][C] Aroma Veil 60
If the Defending Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition, the Defending Pokemon can't attack during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness: R
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: 3

Bayleef - 60 HP - [G]
Basic Pokemon - Shadow Pokemon

Shadow Aura: Aggravating Scent
As long as Bayleef has a Shadow Marker on it, your active Pokemon's attacks do 10 more damage and your Active Pokemon takes 10 more damage from attacks.

[G][C] Spicy Scent 40
The Defending Pokemon is now Burned.

Resistance:
Retreat Cost: 2

Tyranitar ex - 120 HP - [F/D] - This Pokemon is both [F] and [D] types.
Basic Pokemon - Shadow Pokemon

Shadow Aura: Supreme Leader
As long as Tyranitar ex has a Shadow Marker on it, your Active Pokemon's attacks do 10 more damage for each [D] Energy attached to Tyranitar ex.

[F][D] Shadow Rush 60
This Pokemon does 10 damage to itself.

[D][D][C][C] Dark Rage 60+
Does 10 more damage for each damage counter on Tyranitar ex.

When Pokemon ex is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: F
Resistance: P
Retreat Cost: 4

Realgam Tower
Stadium

[Standard Stadium text goes here]

Neither player's active Pokemon can retreat or be switched.

Celebi* - 50 HP - [G]
Basic Pokemon

Poke-Power: Healing Song
When you play Celebi* from your hand onto your bench, you may use this Power. If any of your Pokemon have a Shadow Marker attached to them, you may remove them.

[C] Return to Forest
Draw 2 cards. Then put Celebi* on the bottom of your deck.

You can only have one Pokemon* in your deck.

Resistance:
Retreat Cost: 0

Last edited:
I like Celebi*! It's a very nice cycle motion that I think could be utilised much better in official TCG.

In the wording department, "Active", "Energy", "Bench" and "Benched" should be capitilised and "card" should not be captilised.

For Realgam Tower, you can probably get away with a much shorter written effect, with something like "Neither player's Active Pokemon can retreat or be switched."

Thank you sir!

Three more for the night.

Evice's Sneak Attack - Supporter

[Standard Supporter Text]

Discard 2 cards from your hand. Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokemon. Place a Shadow Marker on that Pokemon.

Time Flute - Trainer Card

Choose 1 of your Pokemon. Remove a Shadow Marker from that Pokemon.

Shadow Energy - Special Energy Card

Shadow Energy provides no energy. This card can only be attached to a Pokemon with a Shadow Marker on it. If the Pokemon this card is attached to is your Active Pokemon, in between turns, place two damage counters on your opponent's Active Pokemon.

Last edited:
Now for a secret rare that was too secret to put on the list!

Let the music play!

Mirror B's Cave - Stadium

[Standard stadium text]

Each player must stand up and dance when it is not their turn. If they do not dance, they can't attack during their next turn.

Once during each player's turn, if that player has 4 Ludicolo or Ludicolo ex in play, the player may choose to win the game.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah

Back