• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format PRC-On: Zygarde EX / Regirock / Carbink BREAK

TheLunaticHypno

Just your average Hypno fan
I've been wanting to bust out a list for Zygarde and with all the talk of what rotation standard will be (with my hopes for prc on), I've made this list, if that is the case.

Pokémon: 17
  • 4 Zygarde EX
  • 4 Regirock EX
  • 4 Carbink
  • 4 Carbink Break
  • 1 Hoopa EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 31
  • 3 N
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 4 Wally
  • 2 Korrina
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 3 Sky Field
  • 2 Power Memory
  • 2 Fighting Fury Belt
Energy: 12
  • 9 Fighting Energy
  • 3 Strong Energy
Strategy:

Since the loss of fighting stadium, and the rise of Regirock, I opted to throw in some sky field so that we can have all four Regis on the bench and have room for 4 more mons. Strong energy is getting a reprint, as well as N, and both are a good addition to any deck (N in every deck and strong energy in fighting decks) I opted to have 2 power memory and two two fighting fury belts, because sometimes you need one over another in some matches. Fighting fury belt is good against March and queen, and Squishy is good against mega decks or wailord (if that's still a thing) the 4-4 Carbink is in attempts to get a Zygarde started on t2 of the game. Wally is there for that too. He is the supporter you want to use turn one to get that carbink break out ASAP. Hoopa is a must have, with 8 EX's in the deck. I will test this when the English cards are revealed (people who play at the card shop I go to get annoyed with my endless Japanese card proxies...). I usually use my compressors to get energies out and scrap supporters I need/ other crap I don't need late game. If I screwed up somewhere in my strategy or counting PLEASE let me know and I'll fix it as soon as I can. All criticism encouraged and welcomed.

EDIT: Battle compressors are from phantom forces (which like an idiot I forgot) , so I switched the two for an escape rope and a super rod.

Last edited:
What happens when someone Bumps your Sky Field with Parallel City? How will you get your pokemon back? As of Right now, you have ZERO recovery. I Would highly suggest a Sacred Ash, or Super Rod to help with the recovery of your own discard pokemon.

EDIT: Also, I would also think that the new format rotation will be will also include Phantom Forces. so the format would be Phantom Forces onward. This would only be a 3 set rotation, but i do believe that they will keep PHF simply because it was the start of the Spirit Link Era. Or i could be completely wrong, a 3 set rotation does seem unlikely too. More commonly than not TPCI decides on 4 set rotations.

What happens when someone Bumps your Sky Field with Parallel City? How will you get your pokemon back? As of Right now, you have ZERO recovery. I Would highly suggest a Sacred Ash, or Super Rod to help with the recovery of your own discard pokemon.

EDIT: Also, I would also think that the new format rotation will be will also include Phantom Forces. so the format would be Phantom Forces onward. This would only be a 3 set rotation, but i do believe that they will keep PHF simply because it was the start of the Spirit Link Era. Or i could be completely wrong, a 3 set rotation does seem unlikely too. More commonly than not TPCI decides on 4 set rotations.
Thanks for the feedback! I didn't even think about a possible parallel city drop... I think that the sacred ash might be better, because we already have a way to get back the energies through carbink.

Phantom Forces is a set with SO MANY cards that have decks based around them and cards that decks use (mega man, steel, March, wobbufett/gengar, bats, head ringers, robo sub etc.) so I think that a primal clash on rotation would make some interesting decks. Another thing that could hint to this is the reprint of flare grunt, strong energy, fairy garden, Sycamore and there is probably more I can't think of.

I think that they will rotate out phantom forces as well which presents a problem for your list as you have two battle compressors listed

Phantom Forces is a set with SO MANY cards that have decks based around them and cards that decks use (mega man, steel, March, wobbufett/gengar, bats, head ringers, robo sub etc.) so I think that a primal clash on rotation would make some interesting decks. Another thing that could hint to this is the reprint of flare grunt, strong energy, fairy garden, Sycamore and there is probably more I can't think of.
A rotation to Primal Clash would certainly shake up the Standard format for sure. It would Completely remove quite a few of the relevant Archetypes, while also allowing others to rise out of the ashes. Best i can say is, we'll have to wait and see, but i would be prepared for either.

I think that they will rotate out phantom forces as well which presents a problem for your list as you have two battle compressors listed
I suppose it's just habit to include a few lol, I will fix it with adding a sacred ash and a escape rope.

EDIT: sacred ash is from flashfire so I will switch it out for a super rod.

You know that it will be months until the next rotation right? And even then, it really won't kick in until after Regionals. So you would be safe playing XY-on for a while at least.

Have you considered putting Pangoro XY 50 into your deck. With the Sky Field, it can have 260 HP and it is a fighting type. It might also help against Bees which is this deck's number one weakness.

You know that it will be months until the next rotation right? And even then, it really won't kick in until after Regionals. So you would be safe playing XY-on for a while at least.
I know... Just thought I'd try my hand at a Deck for the possible new format. There isn't much else besides sacred ash, and battle compressor that is from b4 primal clash that would be a good inclusion. Let me know what else you think would help the list from before primal clash

Have you considered putting Pangoro XY 50 into your deck. With the Sky Field, it can have 260 HP and it is a fighting type. It might also help against Bees which is this deck's number one weakness.
That's not a horrible idea. We already run 4 Wally, so Pangoro wouldn't have a really hard time getting out. All we need to do is attatch for the turn, and use a carbink's attack. I don't think that a huge line needs to be dedicated to it, a 2-2 line at most. Thanks for an idea I hadn't thought of! I'll test it when most of the English cards are revealed.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not a horrible idea. We already run 4 Wally, so Pangoro wouldn't have a really hard time getting out. All we need to do is attatch for the turn, and use a carbink's attack. I don't think that a huge line needs to be dedicated to it, a 2-2 line at most. Thanks for an idea I hadn't thought of! I'll test it when most of the English cards are revealed.
Keep in mind though that it's ability only works while in the active spot, so if it has more than 100 damage and forced to the bench, it will get ko'd.

Honestly, I believe that the format will be PHF-On because of a few reasons: 1. Most of the staple cards (Sycamore, Vs Seeker, etc.) and popular cards (DCE, Battle compressor, etc ) are in the set. XY is our oldest set now, right? DCE, Sycamore, and shauna are in that set. The year before, cards that were always in the format (Energy Search, Great Ball, Poke Ball, Switch, and Potion) were in the format. Staple cards are almost always in the oldest set. Yes, cards like Sycamore were reprinted, but BREAKPoint will be the oldest in the future too. Just thought I'd put that out there. List looks good by the way!

Honestly, I believe that the format will be PHF-On because of a few reasons: 1. Most of the staple cards (Sycamore, Vs Seeker, etc.) and popular cards (DCE, Battle compressor, etc ) are in the set. XY is our oldest set now, right? DCE, Sycamore, and shauna are in that set. The year before, cards that were always in the format (Energy Search, Great Ball, Poke Ball, Switch, and Potion) were in the format. Staple cards are almost always in the oldest set. Yes, cards like Sycamore were reprinted, but BREAKPoint will be the oldest in the future too. Just thought I'd put that out there. List looks good by the way!
Thanks for the reply! I'm pretty sure that Vs seeker got a secret rare in roaring skies. Battle compressors will be a sad loss, but a A LOT of good cards were reprinted, like fairy garden, and strong energy. Switch also was in roaring skies. Ultra ball, was too. Energy retrieval and trainers mail were reprinted in ancient origins as secret Rares, so they all can still be played. Generations reprinted bats, dce, and hammers. That's why I think (and hope it will be prc on) thanks for the compliment on the list! Any changes you would make?

Good point... What should I use as a secondary attacker?
This may sound wild at first, but why not try Groudon EX? It costs a lot to power up, is an EX, and drops two prizes, but it has a lot of HP, and FFI works with it. If you have FFI, a strong energy, and three Regirock EX, and use Massive Rend, it does 200 damage. You could also play another Regirock EX and attach more Strong Energy for more damage.

Last edited:
I don't think 4 Zygarde-EX is necessary, 2-3 is a bit better because you won't be able to use more than 2. Also, I realize you want to start Carbink so 4 is reasonable, but 4 Carbink BREAK isn't really a necessity.
+2 Trainer's Mail? (I like running 4 in most decks)
4 Wally is kind of overkill too. Trainer's mail will help you find it turn 1.
+1 Shaymin-EX (If you have it) +1 Sycamore (If you don't have Shaymin-EX

180px-PangoroXYPromo50.jpg
If the format is actually PRC-onward, bees won't have battle compressor anymore, and will become a non-issue anyway.

Thanks for the feedback! I didn't even think about a possible parallel city drop... I think that the sacred ash might be better, because we already have a way to get back the energies through carbink.

sacred ash will rotate with flashfire use super rods.

Don't forget about Korrina rotating w/ Furious Fists, assuming no reprint in the late summer set... :(

^ That makes room for 1 less Zygarde, as well as two less wally, on top of the 2 Korrina lost to rotation, and with Korrina gone, how can you get all 4 Zygarde in if your main purpose for Hoopa is Regirocks?After all, w/o Korrina, your strategy to clog the board w/ EXes will take longer to pull off, and by the time you do, the game most likely will be over before that occurrence happens...

I suggest, in their places, you add:

+1 Olympia(May be a Generations card, but it lets you switch to Carbink and dodge the need to use up 3 energy as a result of an unreasonable 3 retreat cost at the gain of two that could result in 1 more energy left in discard after retreat(if Zygarde is wounded and/or you need to get it out of active) and Carbink's attack, an unfortunate event that is something that helps your opponent in a fast-paced game)
+2 Sycamore
+1 Fan Club
+1 Teammates(PRC-On alternate method to get your needed cards)

Due to Olympia's inclusion, you could drop your escape rope if you choose, and either double your Lysandre count in case one of them is prized, or if PHF stays in format, drop your 1 Birch (4 Sycamore, 3 N as well as 1 Fan Club and 1 Teammates? In this case, you have enough draw support to make a single copy of Birch redundant), and add two Battle Compressor to fill up the two holes to make 60 cards... Wait a second... filler? That is a term I bet you would want to fill yourself... So if neither possibility catches your fancy, think of other possible cards that you could put in as filler, and put them into your decklist, and thus, your deck...

Last edited:
Don't forget about Korrina rotating w/ Furious Fists, assuming no reprint in the late summer set... :(

^ That makes room for 1 less Zygarde, as well as two less wally, on top of the 2 Korrina lost to rotation, and with Korrina gone, how can you get all 4 Zygarde in if your main purpose for Hoopa is Regirocks?After all, w/o Korrina, your strategy to clog the board w/ EXes will take longer to pull off, and by the time you do, the game most likely will be over before that occurrence happens...

I suggest, in their places, you add:

+1 Olympia(May be a Generations card, but it lets you switch to Carbink and dodge an unreasonable 3 retreat cost at the gain of two, leaving you with 1 less energy after retreat, something that's critical in a fast-paced game)
+2 Sycamore
+1 Fan Club
+1 Teammates(PRC-On alternate method to get your needed cards)

Due to Olympia's inclusion, you could drop your escape rope if you choose, and either double your Lysandre count in case one of them is prized, or if PHF stays in format, drop your 1 Birch (4 Sycamore, 3 N as well as 1 Fan Club and 1 Teammates? In this case, you have enough draw support to make a single copy of Birch redundant), and add two Battle Compressor to fill up the two holes to make 60 cards... Wait a second... filler? That is a term I bet you would want to fill yourself... So if neither possibility catches your fancy, think of other possible cards that you could put in as filler, and put them into your decklist, and thus, your deck...
Korrina is likely receiving a reprint since it's part of the Zygarde-ex perfect battle deck. If it doesn't, i'll be highly surprised.

Back