Ruling Power connect on multiplication?

Freezerbern

Aspiring Trainer
Say you have 1 deoxys ex on the bench and youre using weavile PF. When you use villify, would it do 40 damage per pokemon discarded or would it be 40 plus 30 per discarded? Sorry if this seems a bit noobish, but i guess thats me :D (i mean direct effects only on villify)

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-deoxys-ex-and-weavile

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Okay, disregard that link; it went to a completely different question than the one I was thinking of. I know this question was asked recently but I couldn't find the thread.

But the answer to questions like these has been in the FAQ since time immemorial:

Q. If I use a multi-hit attack, such as Gengar SF's Poltergeist, and I have an Expert Belt and/or PlusPower affecting that Pokemon, does the damage get added per hit, or to the final damage accounting for all hits?
A. The final damage, so it would be (30 * X) +20 with Expert Belt, and not (30 + 20) * X. This applies to any multi-hit attack; if X is at least 1, then you add the additional damage to the total, not to each hit. (If X is 0, the attack does 0 damage, since to do more damage, you have to be doing some to begin with.)