ORAS Post-Game Hopes and Expectations

RE: Post-game, your hopes and expectations

I do recognize that the Battle Frontier is a must for most people but I can live without it! My main wish is to see new areas with Pokémon not native to Hoenn, the ability to (re)battle every single Gym Leader and E4 members (a mix between PWT and that thing in Sinnoh with Buck) and a new (small) plot. But, like Bolt the cat said, it seems unlikely taking into account the map.

Bolt the Cat said:
Don't get your hopes up for all of the 1st-6th gen gym leaders and Champions if the PWT comes back. It was much more convenient for them to do it in BW2 because it was on the same console as DPPt and HGSS, which allowed them to basically copy/paste every character model they needed except 3rd gen. This time it wouldn't be so easy, first because they're working with 3D now which takes much more time to make and two because they'd have to redo 4 regions' worth of trainers (Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova).

Actually, the small overworld sprites were changed.
DPPt:
Fantina_IV_OD.png
B2W2:
Fantina_OD.png

HGSS:
Misty_IV_OD.png
B2W2:
Misty_OD.png

And more frames were added to the battle sprites.
Platinum:
Spr_Pt_Fantina.png
B2W2:
Spr_B2W2_Fantina.png

HGSS:
Spr_HGSS_Misty.png
B2W2:
Spr_B2W2_Misty.png

In XY, all they need to do is make a 3D Model and some mouth and eye skins and just use the official artwork for when you're going to fight them.

Blob55 said:
Bolt the Cat said:
Don't get your hopes up for all of the 1st-6th gen gym leaders and Champions if the PWT comes back. It was much more convenient for them to do it in BW2 because it was on the same console as DPPt and HGSS, which allowed them to basically copy/paste every character model they needed except 3rd gen. This time it wouldn't be so easy, first because they're working with 3D now which takes much more time to make and two because they'd have to redo 4 regions' worth of trainers (Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova).

Actually, the small overworld sprites were changed.
DPPt:
Fantina_IV_OD.png
B2W2:
Fantina_OD.png

HGSS:
Misty_IV_OD.png
B2W2:
Misty_OD.png

And more frames were added to the battle sprites.
Platinum:
Spr_Pt_Fantina.png
B2W2:
Spr_B2W2_Fantina.png

HGSS:
Spr_HGSS_Misty.png
B2W2:
Spr_B2W2_Misty.png

In XY, all they need to do is make a 3D Model and some mouth and eye skins and just use the official artwork for when you're going to fight them.

You say that as if it were simple to make 40 3D models for something like this.

I'm okay without new areas to explore, only because I feel their value is short lived. They are lots of fun and add to the game, but once you go through them, its over. I'm already able to get most of the Pokemon in X/Y so new Pokemon post game are redundant to me. Its not like I can use them to face the gyms and during my play through. But the battle frontier has far longer lasting value to me. Suddenly I'm breeding and training new Pokemon and teams for the different styles. I have new goals and new options for battling, and those new Pokemon I found in new post game areas have more purpose. I don't mean to criticize those who want new areas at all, because everyone plays different. I like them too, the sevii islands were tons of fun! But if I had to pick between that and the battle frontier, I'd pick the frontier, especially if you could go online with all of battle areas.

Aerodactyl said:
I'm okay without new areas to explore, only because I feel their value is short lived. They are lots of fun and add to the game, but once you go through them, its over. I'm already able to get most of the Pokemon in X/Y so new Pokemon post game are redundant to me. Its not like I can use them to face the gyms and during my play through. But the battle frontier has far longer lasting value to me. Suddenly I'm breeding and training new Pokemon and teams for the different styles. I have new goals and new options for battling, and those new Pokemon I found in new post game areas have more purpose. I don't mean to criticize those who want new areas at all, because everyone plays different. I like them too, the sevii islands were tons of fun! But if I had to pick between that and the battle frontier, I'd pick the frontier, especially if you could go online with all of battle areas.

I have to disagree that post game areas are short lived, they're certainly more finite than extra features, but they add a ton of content to the game. It's not just new areas to explore, but new Pokemon to catch, new trainers to battle, new items, and so on. The game feels a lot shorter without them.

Bolt the Cat said:
I have to disagree that post game areas are short lived, they're certainly more finite than extra features, but they add a ton of content to the game. It's not just new areas to explore, but new Pokemon to catch, new trainers to battle, new items, and so on. The game feels a lot shorter without them.

Oh, like I said, I agree that they are tons of fun! It's just a personal opinion, I know most people don't play like I do. I do like new areas, and If they are there I will definitely love them, but if I had to choose between contests, super secret bases, battle frontier and a new area to explore, I'd have to pass on the new areas to explore. I just won't be hurt or crushed or disappointed if they're not there as much as if they hadn't given contests or if they don't have the battle frontier. Yes, their will be less new pokemon to catch, but for me, I have them in X/Y and I was never one to go out and "get them all". I just breed and train up pokemon I need for experimental teams. I'd rather fight people online or tougher trainers in things like PWT and battle frontier then the random NPC's because I find them more challenging.

But I could never argue that new areas are bad, there isn't really a downside to them! I just prefer things like the battle frontier then new areas. Hoenn is already pretty massive and fun to explore, so I feel like I will get all the exploring I need.

-Battle Frontier, and all other Emerald stuff...

^ Since this is speculation forum, I can get my hopes off my chest here: I hope I can use my old pokemon post-first-victory-over-E4 w/o being forced into additional quests in order to unlock that ability once completed: I don't want another Fr/Lg ending for ORAS w/ the game villains' making a last attack outside the game's main region, one tha you must stop before you can trade or battle w/ Kalos trainers, in a similar light to the Ruby and Sapphire plate quest from Fr/Lg...

^Then again, if they do go that route, I sense a Looker appearance to arrest the bad guys at the end of the last struggle. But I hope that you don't have to battle Maxie/Archie one last time before that happens... Then again, if that happens, I also don't hope for the battle to come on any location at or similar to the central island on the Pokemon movie that came out in 2000 w/ Lugia as the movie's star, and if that happens, I hope that you don't need more gym badges to serve as a placeholder for the three stones that saved the world after a melody in that movie, even if that would take the max badge number to the G/S/C amount of 16, even if the added badges consist of four from the Orange Islands, and the other four from the Sevii Islands... If such circumstances are added to the story that distinguish this game from its originals, then I would call this game an unoriginal mesh with the main goal of the game similar to the Team Cipher sagas of the Gamecube days, in which the main objective is not just to become the Champion, but to stop evil from destroying the entire planet by using legendary pokemon as war tools, one quality that does not resemble the value of a true trainer that loves pokemon...

cardgjammer said:
-Battle Frontier, and all other Emerald stuff...

^ Since this is speculation forum, I can get my hopes off my chest here: I hope I can use my old pokemon post-first-victory-over-E4 w/o being forced into additional quests in order to unlock that ability once completed: I don't want another Fr/Lg ending for ORAS w/ the game villains' making a last attack outside the game's main region, one tha you must stop before you can trade or battle w/ Kalos trainers, in a similar light to the Ruby and Sapphire plate quest from Fr/Lg...

^Then again, if they do go that route, I sense a Looker appearance to arrest the bad guys at the end of the last struggle. But I hope that you don't have to battle Maxie/Archie one last time before that happens... Then again, if that happens, I also don't hope for the battle to come on any location at or similar to the central island on the Pokemon movie that came out in 2000 w/ Lugia as the movie's star, and if that happens, I hope that you don't need more gym badges to serve as a placeholder for the three stones that saved the world after a melody in that movie, even if that would take the max badge number to the G/S/C amount of 16, even if the added badges consist of four from the Orange Islands, and the other four from the Sevii Islands... If such circumstances are added to the story that distinguish this game from its originals, then I would call this game an unoriginal mesh with the main goal of the game similar to the Team Cipher sagas of the Gamecube days, in which the main objective is not just to become the Champion, but to stop evil from destroying the entire planet by using legendary pokemon as war tools, one quality that does not resemble the value of a true trainer that loves pokemon...

You've been able to freely trade over National Dex Pokemon without actually obtaining the National Dex since 4th gen, so you should be good.

Bolt the Cat said:
You've been able to freely trade over National Dex Pokemon without actually obtaining the National Dex since 4th gen, so you should be good.

Actually, 3rd gen was the only exception. I hated not having dex info for the Pokémon I traded over from Colosseum to Ruby.

Blob55 said:
Actually, 3rd gen was the only exception. I hated not having dex info for the Pokémon I traded over from Colosseum to Ruby.

Right, that's what I said. Every generation since 4th.

i want more post game than Pokemon x and y. i found that the post game in x and y was nice, but i thought it was very short...
things i'd like to see:
the emerald battle frontier
more underwater routes
expansion of the trick master side quest
more new mega evolution items

:)

Something with the strange souvenir because I don't see them making us hold onto it for another game after OR/AS. Just let us go to the battle facility in the new region, just as a little preview or something lol.

I wish we could have new actual evolutions...:( so i'm slightly irritated that we can't get any new evolutions or pre evolutions... i wish we could get a regular evolution for tropius, eevee (can't ever get enough eeveelutions:p), marowak, koffing, etc. Anyway, I want a LONGER post-game adventure than in Pokemon X&Y...:D the looker sidequest was quite nice, but really short...:(

OmegaElectivire765 said:
I wish we could have new actual evolutions...:( so i'm slightly irritated that we can't get any new evolutions or pre evolutions... i wish we could get a regular evolution for tropius, eevee (can't ever get enough eeveelutions:p), marowak, koffing, etc. Anyway, I want a LONGER post-game adventure than in Pokemon X&Y...:D the looker sidequest was quite nice, but really short...:(

I think we will get regular evolutions again, but because the Mega feature is so new, there is so much hype for it. I thin it's possible to get a new eeveelution in ORAS, but I don't think will get regular evolutions again until another generation, maybe even after that. But I wouldn't despair, cause I don't think they're gone forever.

Well usually the next gen is on a different console, and if it is i probably won't be able to afford it, so this could possibly be the last game for Pokemon that i get, because i'm going into sophomore year, and there just happen to be the year that i need to get my permit for driving, and assorted other stuff, such as CHIC (which is a christian covenant week at Tennessee ) which is probably a once in a lifetime thing...CHIC will be awesome, but if i can't get the next game after ORAS i will be sad :(

OmegaElectivire765 said:
Well usually the next gen is on a different console, and if it is i probably won't be able to afford it, so this could possibly be the last game for Pokemon that i get, because i'm going into sophomore year, and there just happen to be the year that i need to get my permit for driving, and assorted other stuff, such as CHIC (which is a christian covenant week at Tennessee ) which is probably a once in a lifetime thing...CHIC will be awesome, but if i can't get the next game after ORAS i will be sad :(

I know what you mean :( the only reason I have a 3DS is because it was gifted to me! I'm hoping the next generation is still on 3DS, and I'm fairly certain it will be. After all, its a really good system and I don't know what else they could currently add to it to improve it. It has a touch screen, 3D, great online capabilities, decent graphics... They might keep releasing more "updated" versions of it, but I doubt they'll release anything that will make previous games incompatible yet, especially since they just made the 2DS as a cheaper alternative for everyone.

Gen 4 and 5 where on the same system, I suspect seven will be also.

Anyway, CHIC sounds awesome! I hope you enjoy it!

Aerodactyl said:
I know what you mean :( the only reason I have a 3DS is because it was gifted to me! I'm hoping the next generation is still on 3DS, and I'm fairly certain it will be. After all, its a really good system and I don't know what else they could currently add to it to improve it. It has a touch screen, 3D, great online capabilities, decent graphics... They might keep releasing more "updated" versions of it, but I doubt they'll release anything that will make previous games incompatible yet, especially since they just made the 2DS as a cheaper alternative for everyone.

That all depends on when the next console releases. The DS got an extra generation because it was out longer than usual, most console generations only last about 4 or 5 years and the DS lasted for 7 years. I highly doubt the 3DS will last as long, it's not selling well enough for them to give it an extraordinarily long lifespan and I can't imagine what else they'd make for it aside from Z/XY2. I'd be surprised if we don't get the next handheld by about 2016/2017ish, and if that's the case, they certainly won't be making another filler generation (also, Nintendo was very upset that 6th gen took so long to come to the 3DS, so I think Game Freak would be very wary to pull something like that again).

Back on topic, I don't think the post game is going to be anything to write home about, probably the usual stuff we normally see, everything we saw in the originals, and maybe like, one new feature if we're lucky, and that's about it. I think it'll probably be decent, but not impressive, and probably worse than usual for a mid gen game.

Bolt the Cat said:
Aerodactyl said:

That all depends on when the next console releases. The DS got an extra generation because it was out longer than usual, most console generations only last about 4 or 5 years and the DS lasted for 7 years. I highly doubt the 3DS will last as long, it's not selling well enough for them to give it an extraordinarily long lifespan and I can't imagine what else they'd make for it aside from Z/XY2. I'd be surprised if we don't get the next handheld by about 2016/2017ish, and if that's the case, they certainly won't be making another filler generation (also, Nintendo was very upset that 6th gen took so long to come to the 3DS, so I think Game Freak would be very wary to pull something like that again).

Back on topic, I don't think the post game is going to be anything to write home about, probably the usual stuff we normally see, everything we saw in the originals, and maybe like, one new feature if we're lucky, and that's about it. I think it'll probably be decent, but not impressive, and probably worse than usual for a mid gen game.

You may have a point, but you make it sound like the 3ds is selling like the wii U. 3ds is pretty much carrying nintendo right now.

My post game hopes:
Steven gives you a beldum and a Metagrossite.
Battle Frontier
Unown(come on, not everyone wants to transport from DPPt and HGSS onto the unova games and then to XY.)
You get a 4th gen starter.
I know this one might sound crazy, but travelling to Sinhoh would be awesome.
Pokeathlon
Rematch with rival using fully evolved team and 3 other pokemon.
Rematch with wally using Mega Gardevoir(or just a regular Gallade maybe)

woohoo962 said:
My post game hopes:
Steven gives you a beldum and a Metagrossite.
Battle Frontier
Unown(come on, not everyone wants to transport from DPPt and HGSS onto the unova games and then to XY.)
You get a 4th gen starter.
I know this one might sound crazy, but travelling to Sinhoh would be awesome.
Pokeathlon
Rematch with rival using fully evolved team and 3 other pokemon.
Rematch with wally using Mega Gardevoir(or just a regular Gallade maybe)

I don't think that Steven will give us a Metagrossite or a Beldum, seeing as it is going to be in a distribution. We got Torchic with the Blazikenite in an event, but there was no way of getting Torchic or the Blazikenite in the game. :(

Back