Post-Catcher Decks

Zekrom.

It's already great.

Not only catcher, but Eviolite, Zekrom EX, Eeelektrik are all going to come out...

Also, yanmega (Catcher -> kill whatever they are trying to evolve.)

Donkchamp *will* be BDIF, mark my words. It can kill almost any basic (aside from Zekrom and Reshiram, and I doubt every deck will be running evolite. In addition, when Donphan has at least one Machamp set up, it can use fighting tag to help recover from dragging out an unenergized pokemon, or if that pokemon happens to be Donphan, drop one energy and start attacking.

Zekrom mainly. You cripple there set-up, so its hard for them to set-up, and if they do get a Pokemon out, you can use Catcher to cather around the active, taking cheap prizes.

Jahikoi said:
Zekrom.

It's already great.

Not only catcher, but Eviolite, Zekrom EX, Eeelektrik are all going to come out...

Also, yanmega (Catcher -> kill whatever they are trying to evolve.)

How can you be sure that Zekrom EX will be any good? It might be terrible.

-sillykyle!

It's still an HP upgrade, and provides more protection from enemies like Donphan that can quickly hit and use Pluspowers/Black Belts.

Well, it's obviously going to upgrade from the basic Zekrom in a Level X - like fashion as far as I believe. I hope this isn't a derp-ish post in the future. If it does upgrade, it HAS to have either identical or extra HP, preventing it from easily being knocked out by a Donphan and one PlusPower.

P0KEVORTEX said:
Well, it's obviously going to upgrade from the basic Zekrom in a Level X - like fashion as far as I believe. I hope this isn't a derp-ish post in the future. If it does upgrade, it HAS to have either identical or extra HP, preventing it from easily being knocked out by a Donphan and one PlusPower.
Because all EX's were good back in the day right? If you look at the EX's in this set you're views may be changed. I definitely hope this Zekrom EX is better than the normal Zekrom or has some sort of playability, but that's still kind of asking for a lot considering how good Zekrom is. (Or at least the energy acceleration it can take advantage of...)

I'm not saying that he'll be amazing, just that he'll have more HP and so survive for longer against Fighting-types if he is like a Level X when you put him into play.

Yeah. We have no idea what the new EXs will have in store for us. We have only assumptions.

Zekrom will definitely be running Catcher. Any threat that your opponent sets up can be switched out and BOOM. 120. Good bye.

not sure if this thread could have any credibility since we still don't know about all of the cards coming out when catcher comes out (as far as I'm aware)

EspeonROX said:
Yeah. We have no idea what the new EXs will have in store for us. We have only assumptions.

Zekrom will definitely be running Catcher. Any threat that your opponent sets up can be switched out and BOOM. 120. Good bye.

Well you could Bolt Strke once then catcher the basics for easy kills with outrage.

Ghost Bear said:
not sure if this thread could have any credibility since we still don't know about all of the cards coming out when catcher comes out (as far as I'm aware)

Also if we have threads about the impossible ban and speculating if it should be banned. This thread is also based on prediction on what we'll run.

How about Beartic/Vileplume? Shuts down Catcher and locks their attacker into paying their own retreat costs unless they have Dodrio TR benched for Retreat Aid. If they get Dodrio out too early donk it with Catcher or just have your Dodrio teched and use Cacturne to donk instead of having to Seeker Vileplume.

LostCario I think has potential, sure it loses to MewGar but in other matchups it can do really well. The trick is to Lost Zone your Pokemon quick enough to start doing damage with Lucario and Mew Prime plus they can disrupt your setup unless you have a way around it. Just get another Relicanth or Absol Prime setup to LZ Pokemon to rack up damage.

Mew will see more play as it can just retreat after being attacked by beartic while not being OHKOed by his 50 damage attack. It's bench would consist of pokemon with 0-1 retreat cost so it would easy to retreat after be catchered.

#1weavile said:
Mew will see more play as it can just retreat after being attacked by beartic while not being OHKOed by his 50 damage attack. It's bench would consist of pokemon with 0-1 retreat cost so it would easy to retreat after be catchered.
Not really, good beartic deck will also have some powerful alternate attacker (like kyurem) to finish the job if bear dies.

P0KEVORTEX said:
I'm not saying that he'll be amazing, just that he'll have more HP and so survive for longer against Fighting-types if he is like a Level X when you put him into play.

EX's are a completely different mechanic from level X's...

-sillykyle!

^I think he was making the comparison that Pokémon-ex are like Pokémon LV X because they're a (generally) better, more powerful version of the same Pokémon. Which is entirely true, except for how they're played, etc.

Yanmega anyone? Bring up a Pokemon with a high retreat cost, and snipe the bench for cheap prizes on babies or to KO then main attacker before they can set up.

Back