Would you like to see a new TR set?

• I would love to see a new TR set!

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • I don't want to see a new TR set.

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

Cris

Fear will eat you alive....
After watching the new Pokemon Black and White today, I realized that Team Rocket would definitely have a bigger role in the anime and possibly in the tcg as well. Maybe it’s just me, but does anyone else think that Team Rocket might get their own new set again like TR and TRR? Would anyone like to see a new Team Rocket set? Why or why not? Also what new “Dark” and/or "Rocket's" Pokèmon would you like to see in the set?

Not really. It would be Team Plasma, but there is now way I'd want that because SP is finally about to be rotated.

Who said it'd be in the form of SP's? The Team Rocket and the old Gym Leader sets had you evolve to the final form. If its done correctly like these sets were, it'd be real fun. SP's ruined the game, and WOTC knew "SP's" would too, hence why they never printed the VS set in america.

a new team rocket set would be cool.

For team rocket cards it would be cool to see some new technical machines from them, also lots of the gen 4 final evolutions from prev gens would be cool such as rocket's electivire, magnezone, weavile, magmortar, tangrowth. that sort of thing

They could also do a Plasma vs. Rocket set, like they did with Magma vs. Aqua. That would be pretty nifty.

^ I agree with El Radar. I never of thought of it like that, but a TR vs TP set would be pretty cool.

I'd love that, and if they added the little retro twinge of a rocket grunt owning the card. But idk the hgss-onwards line have given me the impression that SP cards aren't coming back.

^^

Did you ever play the original Team Rocket set? You still had to evolve Meowth into Dark Persian. it wasn't SP what so ever. and thats the way the set needs to be made. Or say the old Gym Hero/Leader sets, Misty's Horsea had to evolve into Misty's Seadra. Dark Ampharos (TRR) had to be evolved as well.

They could also do a Plasma vs. Rocket set, like they did with Magma vs. Aqua. That would be pretty nifty.
You know, given how cool the Magma and Aqua engine was, it'd be awesome to get 2 great new team engines in the same set again. And given how they're squaring off for control of Unova (so I've heard), it is by no means an impossibility.
So yeah, I think Radar has a great point.

El Radar said:
VERY nifty. I would want to see that, with something similar to the SP-Engine idea (except not being all basic, I really didn't like that...). So yeah, I would love something Magma vs. Aqua-esque.

Team Rocket Returns...AGAIN
I wouldn't mind another TR set. The TR sets were awesome, and definitely shifted the metagame in another direction when those sets were released. I'd love to see what they can do this time.

Seeing a set like TMTA with Team Rocket and Plasma would be very interesting, seeing that a lot of sets seemed to be based off of movies. It's about time the sets are based off of the anime.

That's an intresting idea...Plasma vs. Team Rocket. Similar to SP's, but not as broken and over-powering. And since this would all be contained in one set, it would get rotated faster. I LIKE this idea. I do hope they print this set sometime within the Black and White era.

Giovanni sent J&J to Unova for, among the standards of catchin' dat Pikachu, luring out Team Plasma, so a Rocket vs. Plasma set sounds quite logical. I would love to see it happen. Rocket forever \m/

That would be amazing. The last set like that we really had was TRR...I guess there were SPs, but those weren't quite the same as all those Rocket's/Dark Pokemon. I like SPs, but I'd like to see what new mechanic they think of this time.

How many times do I have to say it for people to catch on, the rocket sets never had SP's! All the pokemon actually had to evolve. Even Rocket's Scizor Ex had to evolve from Rocket's Scyther Ex.

Back