Pompano Beach, 1-1 Tornadus is my homie--T8 report with Mewtwo/Genies

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
The last day of the Florida Marathon--every other day I was 3-3, losing to players that were simply better than I was or I got luck sacked, or even both. I decided to make ONE change before the next day, editing my deck to play 3 Tornadus, and it ended up being an amazing change as you will see.

Also, if the title didn't explain it well enough, I played Mewtwo/Lando/Tornadus/Bouffalant/Terrakion.

R1: Vs. Michelle Peck with Garchomp

I played against my old league leader this round. She opens with Gible and I open with Mewtwo. I attach the DCE straight away and do 40. She attaches and uses Sand Attack, but I benched a Tornadus, Switched, attached to it, retreated, and used X Ball again. She could have used Juniper, but she didn't want to discard a blend, Gabite, Garchomp, and some other stuff, but she was about to lose so it was kind of a misplay on her part. I felt bad nonetheless.

1-0

R2 Vs. Andres with Klinklang

I started Tornadus, he starts a Klink. This was really nerve-wracking for me cuz I knew I could probably win this turn, but all I had was a Computer Search and the Bianca. I could Computer Search for the DCE and hope for the Aspertia with Bianca, and if I didn't get it I would do 30. That would be my safest option. I could go for the Juniper and hope those extra two cards help me. Or I could go for the Aspertia and hope for the donk. I went for the Aspertia, and got the DCE in the end. Good playz.

2-0

R3 vs. Gustavo with Fighting Garbodor

I open Tornadus again to his Landorus and go first. I attached an Eviolite and a Fighting, knowing I was safe for a while. I slowly built more onto it and tanked with it throughout the game. Eventually he ran out of resources trying to KO it and I won. The matchup alone was enough to win.

3-0

R4 vs. Jon Viveros with Keldeo

I open with Mewtwo to his Keldeo and start swinging with it. He benches a LATE Squirtle, so by then I had the resources to KO it with Tornadus. By turn 8 when he finally got Blastoise, he was out of resources, and just praying I didn't have a Catcher with a bench full of damaged Pokemon. I got the catcher eventually and won.

4-0

R5 vs. David (or was it Daniel? They're twins XD) Lopez with Colorless Eels

I start with Mewtwo again and X Ball away, but he has the T2 Revenge KO. I got really nervous from that, but he dead drew since then so he couldn't do much. By late game he couldn't get anything either so I won in the end, with Tornadus and Bouffalant duo. I kind of misplayed early on, where I could've won 2 turns early as well...

5-0

R6 vs. Justin Sanchez with Sancheezy (Landorus/Tornadus/Meloetta/Sigilyph?)

He took a strong lead with Tornadus, and as did I. In the end, I had 4 prizes left and he had 2. He used Catcher to Mewtwo and did 60 with Blow Through. He already had a Landorus benched with a Fighting, a Psychic, and 120. Obviously, he's planning on Catcher Stalling, and even if I do Switch, I need a Catcher to KO it and foil his plans, right? So I could've played N, but he probably wasn't saving a second Catcher, a PlusPower, and an energy in his hand to come back, so I used Juniper and hoped for the Max Potion. I didn't draw it, but I KO'd the Landorus with Catcher. He plays the PlusPower, energy, and Catcher >_>

5-1

I'm in second seed against my friend Daniel, who is one of my best matchups!

T8 vs. Daniel Shiekh (Landorus/Mewtwo/Bouffalant/Terrakion)

Game 1: He gets an early Mewtwo and I whiff my Supporter and he benches me with another Mewtwo I used to revenge him.

5-2

Game 2: I get the T1 Tornadus but he got really lucky with Mewtwo at times and dropped a Switch, Fighting, Energy Switch, and Double PlusPower to KO my active Mewtwo with nothing on it >_>

5-3

At least I made top cut! I was happy with my performance, and I only lost in the end because of an amazing player and a lucksack. I was still happy for my friend though because he won in the end!

Props:

Nigel for telling me to play 3 Tornadus
Daniel for winning
My friend got second in Seniors
T8

Slops:

Mewtwo sack
Two of my friends in Seniors for not doing well

Zangoose

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Tornadus is my homie--T8 report with Mewtwo/Genies

The deck Sanchez was playing is called Pangea, by Jeremy Jallen. Just correcting. :p

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub

I know, but down here we call it Sancheezy cuz Sanchez is one of the only players here that play it.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod

Which part of Florida were you in? I've been to the Cities in Palm Bay and Merrit Island so far. I may go to the one in Melbourne, but I'm not sure if we'll have the gas money.

Congrats on T8!

MrGatr

Goin Rogue Baby :DDD

Someone needs to explain that Pangea deck to me lol.

Hey, you've done better than I have, constantly starting with a bad card ;-;. Congrats man.

RogueChomp

Team DBT

MrGatr said:
Someone needs to explain that Pangea deck to me lol.

Hey, you've done better than I have, constantly starting with a bad card ;-;. Congrats man.

Simply use Tornadus EX and Landorus EX and Mewtwo EX to KO Sigilyph threats and sweep with Sigilyphs. Meloetta counters Mewtwos and other Sigilyphs (usually sigilyphs).

Nigel

Extra Spicy
Matryoshka said:
Props:

Nigel for telling me to play 3 Tornadus

I play it because since the mirror and Blastoise/Keldeo are the most played decks right now, it's really important to start Tornadus. It's also ridiculously good lategame, and can easily turn the tables for you if you're losing.