Pokemon XY7 Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we semi-recently got a Cubone/Marowak line in BW5; there hasn't been a Shellos/Gastrodon card since the DPPt era!

I could see the set being based on Unbound Hoopa, and then maybe also have a "movie minideck" being based on regular Hoopa.

My predictions for EX's are:
Unbound Hoopa (set), Dark
Hoopa (minideck), Psychic
Arceus, Normal
Latias, Psychic
M-Latias, Psychic
Salamence, Dragon
M-Salamence, Dragon

And then 3-4 other "random" EX's. I'd prefer something like Barbaracle (Water), Pangoro (Fighting), Ninetales and Tropius (I'm tired of it just getting bad rare/uncommon cards)

What about the Unbound Hoopa being a Mega-like evolution the way Primal Kyogre and Groudon were done?

On reflection even if Japan gets Hoopa in XY7, we may not get it until our November set or even until next year. What are the odds that a movie Japan will get about a month before we get XY7 released worldwide will also be followed by an early release of said movie.

It wouldn't be the first time a card or two got held back to coincide with a movies release.

Athena said:
What about the Unbound Hoopa being a Mega-like evolution the way Primal Kyogre and Groudon were done?

I don't think that's gonna happen, because it's a forme change and not a mega/primal evolution. I think it would be more like Shaymin in "Platinum" where there was a level X of each forme.

But I do agree with you on something you said earlier! I want Shellos and Gastrodon too!

I agree with steffenka choices of Ninetales, Salamence and Tropius.

I also hope Deerling and Sawbuck are in the set since those haven't had cards since Emerging Powers and have only been in 2 sets ever in English.

I could also see a Sawbuck Ex and a Deerling gold card.

If they do have Deerling/Sawsbuck in XY7 I sure hope it's a new season form.

I don't see a Deerling gold card though, they've been focusing too much on gold trainers as of recent.

I don't think we'll see a Tropius EX though, especially not in this set since we'll get a regular one in Roaring Skies.. I could be wrong of course. I'd kind of like a Pangoro EX though I don't know what the odds are of that.

I think M sableye EX and Hoopa EX wil probably appear, if not M sableye, another dark Mega, which could be Mega sharpedo, Mega gyarados, Mega tyranitar, but what I really want is a water special energy, which protect them from special conditions xD, or even a Suicune EX with the same effect as Virizion EX ( energy acceleration + special condition protection for water pokemons! (my kyogre deck would appreciate such a thing haha

Since we're sort of playing the "When did ___ last appear" game...
-Never: Zygarde, Hoopa (and Volcanion but... obviously)
-2003: Kadabra (Skyridge)
-2007: Mantyke, Bonsly, Wynaut, Azurill (DP); Abra (Mysterious Treasures)
-2008: Glameow (Majestic Dawn); Anorith/Armaldo, Castform, Regice (Legends Awakened); Budew (Stormfront)
-2009: Cranidos, Shieldon, Purugly, Happiny (Platinum); Alakazam, Rampardos, Bastiodon, Shellos/Gastrodon (Rising Rivals); Seel/Dewgong, Goldeen/Seaking, Chingling/Chimecho (Supreme Victors); Omanyte/Omastar, Kabuto/Kabutops, Burmy/Wormadam/Mothim, Arceus (Arceus)
-2010: Paras/Parasect, Spinarak/Ariados, Pichu, Igglybuff, Spinarak/Ariados, Mantine, Smoochum (HGSS); Sudowoodo, Stantler, Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar (Unleashed); Gastly/Haunter, Unown, Elekid (Triumphant)
-2011: Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium, Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion, Cleffa, Smeargle, Tyrogue, Magby, Mime Jr. (Call of Legends); Ferrothorn/Sawsbuck (Emerging Powers)

For everyone who wants Kadabra in print: Have you heard of Uri Geller? In America, the Abra to Alakazam line is based off of magic words, but in Japan since Kadabra holds spoons, it is based off of a psychic that popularized the spoon holding technique: Uri Geller. Because of this, (and I don't know exactly what the name is) Kadabra's Japanese name is extremely similar to Uri Geller. Uri was okay with this, until the Dark Kadabra card came out. He claimed it showed him in a negative light, to say the least. He sued Nintendo. The results of the settlement have never been disclosed, but there hasn't been a Kadabra card in print or manga since, so it's safe to say Kadabra won't be coming in a card anytime soon.

I would hope for some dark EX or M dark EX Pokemon, possibly Mega Houndoom, although that could be either a dark or fire type.

What's the difference between making a card and having Kadabra in the video game? Why is one ok and one isn't?

It comes down to which type hasn't had a crapton of support yet.

XY1: Fairy
XY2: Fire
XY3: Fighting
XY4: Psychic
XY5: Water
XY6: Colorless and Dragon

That leaves Dark, Grass, Lightning, and Metal.

Since metal has Bronzong from XY4, I'm going to go with Lightning, Grass, or Darkness since they're the most neglected types. So Dark and Lighting will probably get their own special energy (Water and fire will be last). Not sure what they'll do with Darkness energy, but I could see some kind of snipe effect for the lightning one.

As for megas:

Grass has Beedrill, Sceptile, and Pinsir.
Lightning has Ampharos
Dark has Houndoom, Tyrannitar,and Sableye.

Other than that, I'm not sure. I just hope we get the other Eeveelutions we missed in XY3.

A M Sableye EX could be cool it would probably have some cool atributes maybe it will have the dark cloak ability that we will be losing when darkrai EX rotates out. It will probably be a defensive pokemon though because that is what it is best at in the games.

If you look at the M pokemon EX that are already out and have been anoounced every type has at least 2 M pokemon already expect for Lightning which only has M Manectric EX and Drak which has no M EX pokemon. I think that could be good indication that dark will get a M EX but. If thats the case I think XY7 will be focused around Dark and Lightning and those two types will get a special energy type. We could also get grass in this set with M Sceptile EX because its two counter parts have been anounced already.

The thing with M. Sceptile is that we don't know what type it will be. It could just as easily be a dragon type Pokémon. The same uncertainty also currently exists with M. Ampharos as well. And except for Arceus and the two aforementioned megas they have made every possible dragon type as an actual dragon card to date. Of course M. Ampharos is also the only electric EX not made too.

At any rate it is still possible to reveal a Sceptile EX and M. Sceptile EX and then release all three EX/M. EX Pokémon in some sort of premium collection or in later sets. Not too likely on the former option but not impossible, especially since each one of those Pokémon have an alternate type they could do something for too if they so chose too. Since M. Swampert and M. Blaziken have been revealed as promos though it wouldn't be in Japan's XY7 though if they wanted to shoehorn them into our XY7 and have five megas in the set they could do so.

Pokedan, don't forget that M. Gyarados is a dark type too and likewise M. Scizor and M. Abomasnow could also be grass types. If we're guessing a dark type mega, my money would be on 1)Tyranitar 2)Sharpedo or 3)Gyarados and then Sableye. The last I realize is a stretch and would most likely be a water type, but you never know. The unknown factor with Sharpedo is the fact it has a very recent EX released in Primal Clash.

Which is another point I wonder about. Along with that Sharpedo came Camerupt. Until Primal Clash they had never released a mega capable evolving EX without the mega card itself. Makes one wonder if we're going to get these delivered in a premium kind of thing or if they'll be randomly thrown in megas somewhere just to fill some space or something. Originally thought they might be in Double Crisis but we know that isn't going to happen now without some kind of premium product too...which a premium of a premium is not too likely.

Maserati777 said:
What's the difference between making a card and having Kadabra in the video game? Why is one ok and one isn't?

It's just how Japan works. Kadabra's controversy was related to the TCG, so it won't appear in the TCG for the foreseeable future. Similarly, Porygon is never going to appear in the anime again because of the seizure incident, yet it's still received two evolutions in the video games and continues to get appearances in the TCG.

Closing Thread for two reasons:

a) We're getting a bit off-Topic.

b) Official set info has been revealed and posted in the Main Page. Refer to this Thread from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back