Pokemon XY7 Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off I predict a regular Hoopa as well.

Second I predict Latias EX/M. Latias EX.

I'm hoping for a dragon and fairy Arceus.

A reverse holo Granbull would be nice, or a fairy Whimsicott line, or a fairy Mawile, or a full fairy Gardevoir line

EXs
Hoopa EX
Zoroark EX
Arceus EX
Lapras EX
Abomosnow EX
Gyrados EX
Beedrill EX
M-Gyrados EX
M-Abomosnow EX
M-Beedrill EX

Full Art Trainers
Wallace
Zinnia (As much as I dislike the character, could make for a good card).

Ancient Traits
Regice
Donaphan
Typholosion
Torterra
Claydol
Escavilier
Yveltal

Holos
Gengar
Houndoom
Stantler
Suicune
Galie
Froslass
Registeel
Staraptor
Wormadam-G
Sigilyph
Audino
Terrakion
Barbaracle

Secret Rares
Startling Megaphone
Evosoda

Japanese Theme Deck: Double Strike
Mawile EX
M Mawile EX
Steelix
Ancient Trait Xerneas

Japanese Pack Art
Hoopa

English Pack Art
Hoopa
Mega Gyrados/Mega Abomasnow (both on pack)
Mega Mawile/Mega Beedrill (both on pack)
Arceus

English Theme Decks
Nitro Rush Fire/Water - Main card is Ancient Trait Typhlosion along with Suicune and Houndoom nonholo rares (These cards are holo in the set)
Nature's Impact Grass/Fighting - Main Card is Ancient Trait Torterra along with Terrakion and Wormadam nonholo rares (these cards are holo in the set)

In my ideal world, XY7 would include all 105 non-Kadabra Pokemon that aren't in the current rotation. (Although by that point, the rotation would change from BCX-on, so even in the unlikely event that my wishes DID happen, there'd still be Pokemon left out in the cold.)

Instead we'll probably get 50 Pokemon we've seen five times in the last two years, a bunch of EX Pokemon we've seen before, maybe like two or three forgotten lines just to throw fans of those Pokemon a bone, and Hoopa in the set six different times.

Reggie McGigas said:
EXs

Gyrados EX
M-Gyrados EX

Ancient Traits

Alakazam

Yveltal

Theme Deck: Double Strike

Ancient Trait Xerneas

Now these are what I'm really wanting to see.

EXes:
Latias EX(new card version)
M Latias-EX
(EXes and Megas for the Hoenn starter evolutionary lines)
Arceus EX
Kyurem EX(dragon type + new card version)
Hoopa EX

Ancient Traits
Giratina
Dialga
Palkia
Xerneas

Secret Rares
Mega Turbo
Acro Bike

Reprints/Old Card Replacements
Max Potion/Full Restore
Matt(N's XY-On replacement)
Courtney(Colress's XY-On replacement)

^ Those are my predictions for XY7...

I think the theme deck would be a Water theme deck w/Palkia-EX and Kingler EX or some water EX pokemon and have a Pure Blue Palkia EX Full Art!

I like Reggie McGigas's choices for ex's.

My biggest hope is that it doesn't contain any pokemon who have already been made into ex's(with a full art) who don't also have a mega now.

I wish the company would pick cool pokemon instead of Hydreigon and Malamar. Also any Gen 1 pokemon would be cool, Ninetales, Arcanine, Vileplume, Lapras, Snorlax. If they want to remake pokemon make Zapdos and Moltres Full Arts.

Maserati777 said:
I like Reggie McGigas's choices for ex's.

My biggest hope is that it doesn't contain any pokemon who have already been made into ex's(with a full art) who don't also have a mega now.

I wish the company would pick cool pokemon instead of Hydreigon and Malamar. Also any Gen 1 pokemon would be cool, Ninetales, Arcanine, Vileplume, Lapras, Snorlax. If they want to remake pokemon make Zapdos and Moltres Full Arts.

Hydreigon was an awesome choice. Too bad they made the art hideous for the full art :<

I added some stuff to my post.

Frost said:
In my ideal world, XY7 would include all 105 non-Kadabra Pokemon that aren't in the current rotation. (Although by that point, the rotation would change from BCX-on, so even in the unlikely event that my wishes DID happen, there'd still be Pokemon left out in the cold.)

Instead we'll probably get 50 Pokemon we've seen five times in the last two years, a bunch of EX Pokemon we've seen before, maybe like two or three forgotten lines just to throw fans of those Pokemon a bone, and Hoopa in the set six different times.

Kadabra hasn't been seen since 2003. I think it's high time that Nintendo started doing Kadabra cards again. So yeah, Kadabra (plus pre-evolved form Abra, and evolved form Alakazam of course), plus I'd like to see Water Omanyte, Water Omastar, Water Kabuto, and Water Kabutops, but also Fighting Kabutops with an ancient trait. Legendaries I'd like to see??? Psychic Lugia, Colorless Ho-Oh, Dragon Dialga, Dragon Palkia, Dragon Giratina, Cresselia, Phione, Arceus (all eleven types). Other Pokémon I'd like to see are Burmy, Wormadam, Shellos, Gastrodon, Unown, and the 16 Poké-Babies (Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Azurill, Wynaut, Budew, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Happiny, Munchlax, and Mantyke).

I doubt we'll ever see another Kadabra.

I'd like to see all Arceus types. We haven't had any of these in a long time. These could be a mini set of its own.

How about dragon type Tyrunt and Tyrantrum?

I like the idea of Shellos/Gastrodon. They can even do a loop thing by having east be water and west being fighting.

I doubt Hoppa would be released for the next set. If anything, I'd probably see the part 3 of ORAS for the next expansion. In this case, it'll be more likely to have Latias and some of the remaining Megas released for this one.

EXs
Most likely to appear
Latias EX
M.Latias EX
Swampert EX
M.Swampert EX
Sceptile EX
M.Sceptile EX
Blaziken EX
M.Blaziken EX

Possible
Solrock EX
Ludicolo EX
After all, there was always some useless EXs that were released.

Hard but not impossible to imagine in
Tornadus EX
Landorus EX
Palka EX
Dialga EX

The trait/ability Pokemon would be impossible to predict since Pokemon loves to troll us... :(

I don't know what Uri Geller has on Pokemon to not feature Kadabra when he turned out to be a huge fraud anyways.

The only good thing is that the pre-evolutions are usually not in the ame set as the ex's so when Alakazam gets it's ex and mega Abra and Kadabra won't have to be there.

If we get a "Hoopa set", I expect it to be focused on legendaries, since that's kind of Hoopa's gimmick. I predict we'll finally get Mega Mewtwo EX, possibly even Arceus EX. (Just a single Arceus EX, not a bunch of Arceus cards like the last time.) Throw in some legendaries that don't have XY-on cards as non-EX's. The Regis in particular are overdue. Two Hoenn sets and they haven't showed up yet. (Ignoring the promo Regirock.) I could see them being EX's, too, honestly. We'll also probably get the remaining few Hoenn Pokemon we don't have in the XY-on format. (Which consists of what, Cacturne, Castform, Kecleon, Banette, Tropius, Glalie, Relicanth, Chimecho, the non-Regirock Regis and Jirachi? Also Armaldo and Cradily, but I don't know how likely those are. Kind of Zangoose, Seviper and Claydol as well, since they only exist as Magma/Aqua Pokemon, and excluding a few basics like Wailmer and, lol, Azurill. Also excludes a couple of Megas like Medicham that have regular cards already.)

As for other stuff... I see them giving a few more Pokemon to types they've neglected over the last few sets. Fire, for instance. (I could see things like Heatmor, Arcanine, Moltres and Darmanitan happening.) Darkness, too. (Weird how it's the small types that get even less representation. The likely Cacturne will probably be Dark, but I can't think of much else that stands out. I doubt we'll get Mega Houndoom. Regular Houndoom might happen. Tyranitar, Mandibuzz and Bisharp seem some of the more likely candidates. Quite possibly Darkrai, too, honestly.)

As for totally random, baseless guesses... I'll say Fighting-type Carbink, Carnivine, Golduck and Granbull will be here.

Last-minute thought: Granbull got me thinking. There's veeery few Fairies they haven't done multiple cards of, and only Mawile and Whimsicott lack Fairy cards at this point. (Ignoring Azurill, Cleffa, Igglybuff and Mime Jr. for obvious reasons, and also ignoring Mega Altaria and Mega Audino.) That being said, I'd say a Fairy Whimsicott is also very likely.

I don't know what Uri Geller has on Pokemon to not feature Kadabra when he turned out to be a huge fraud anyways.
The Kadabra thing is really not that hard to understand. Uri Geller can be the biggest fraud in the world as a psychic, but GameFreak and Nintendo were the foolish ones for basically naming a Pokemon with an identical gimmick "Uri Geller" and not thinking a living person (unlike Abra and Alakazam's Japanese namesakes Cayce and Houdini) with a very well-documented litigious history would come after them when there was a card in circulation at one point that was basically called "Evil Yungellar." They expect that he would sue them again if they made another Kadabra card, so it's just not worth it to them, and it's kind of their own fault for picking that name in the first place.

Either way, Kadabra's omission is outside of the PCL's control and therefore understandable. What I'd really like to know is why Baby Pokemon have stopped existing in the card game over the last two Generations.

I'm nearly certain that M-Gyarados-EX is going to come along, probably as [W] type. I also think we could see that M-Absol-EX Japanese promo making it way into our English set, or M-Tyranitar-EX. A dark type Mega is really overdue...

Suicune EX

I think Arceus EX is actually somewhat likely (Pokémon even released a new Arceus plush recently!), and I think we'll probably see a higher number of legendaries than average this set. Because of the movie/Hoopa focus, it'll probably be another single set.

I'm crossing my fingers for more Shellos/Gastrodon cards, especially since they were pretty easily available in ORAS.

Athena said:
I'm crossing my fingers for more Shellos/Gastrodon cards, especially since they were pretty easily available in ORAS.
I'm crossing my fingers for Cubone/Marowak cards, but I doubt that's going to happen since they were available in XY but not ORAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back