Pokemon TV Caption Challenge! Round 15! SUBMIT A BANNER! :D The more, the merrier.

RE: Pokemon TV Caption Challenge! I can already tell, this round is going to be intense.

Yeah, good question. It's been a while.

RE: Pokemon TV Caption Challenge! I can already tell, this round is going to be intense.

Myles and Shoyru have both been active on the Forums. How could they both have forgotten about this thread?

Srsly. Where are the results.
I want to see if my meme reference won.

Ash and Jessie show off their hidden DDR talents.

Shoyru said his PM system has been acting weird, and Myles says he plans to judge it himself if Shoyru can't do it soon.

Myrules, just judge with my post. Make 1st place worth 10, 2nd worth 8, 3rd worth 7, and Honorable Mention worth 6.

Dear TV Caption Challenge players: it has been a heck of a round. Great, great entries! Nearly all of them were deserving of recognition, but of course, only a handful could be selected. Shoyru1444 kindly helped with judging this round, and our opinions differed greatly.

For the first time in Pokemon TV Caption Challenge history, we have two winners! Second place will still be awarded.

Let's get into the results:

Honorable Mention(3): Snorchu

"Suddenly, Ash realized that he couldn't Limbo any lower."

- Shoyru1444: Pretty funny. It was short and sweet, and it explained why he was leaning backwards. Good job!

Honorable Mention(2): TheDarkLucario

Jessie: "ROADHOUSE!!!"

- MylesPrower: So you really kinda hit me on a weak spot here by referencing Family Guy. Funny! I would have never considered the only cross-over being Jessie's kick, but it really worked! Jammin'.

Honorable Mention(1): Gliscor

Ash would agree that Jessie needs more space to practice her ballerina.

- MylesPrower: This was pretty good, and I really liked the 'not enough space' concept in entries. My only concern here is Jessie's expression, which certainly isn't that of a graceful plum fairy. Still a good, solid entry, though, so nice work!

Third Place: PokeChamp

Side-kick to the face. Because Pikachu is that important.

- MylesPrower: I loved the sarcastic tone of the caption; it doesn't happen often. It's got depth, too though: Why would they fight so long and hard for a Pikachu!? I really enjoyed this entry.

Second Place: shampoo-thief

This is when Ash realized that he should have listened to his mom and packed more underwear.

- MylesPrower: What a great entry! You really went deep into the characters. Sometimes overthinking it like this ruins a caption, but in this case, it was excellent! Just great!

WINNER: 42_chocolate

It took Jessie's recently learned Judo skills to convince Ash that the boat was, in fact, not big enough for the two of them.

- Shoyru1444: It was great. It fit in well, and it was really funny. Also, it was short, which was great.

WINNER: Berquet50

Jessie: TEKKEN!
Ash: MATRIX!

- MylesPrower: Absolutely perfect! The thing that really makes it shine are the obvious references here that fit so perfectly together. The first thing that comes to mind when 'Matrix' is brought up is the 'limbo-dodge', if you will. Requires such little explanation. Bravo.

Dear TV Caption Challenge players: it has been a heck of a round. Great, great entries! Nearly all of them were deserving of recognition, but of course, only a handful could be selected. Shoyru1444 kindly helped with judging this round, and our opinions differed greatly.

For the first time in Pokemon TV Caption Challenge history, we have two winners! Second place will still be awarded.

Let's get into the results:

Honorable Mention(3): Snorchu

"Suddenly, Ash realized that he couldn't Limbo any lower."

- Shoyru1444: Pretty funny. It was short and sweet, and it explained why he was leaning backwards. Good job!

Honorable Mention(2): TheDarkLucario

Jessie: "ROADHOUSE!!!"

- MylesPrower: So you really kinda hit me on a weak spot here by referencing Family Guy. Funny! I would have never considered the only cross-over being Jessie's kick, but it really worked! Jammin'.

Honorable Mention(1): Gliscor

Ash would agree that Jessie needs more space to practice her ballerina.

- MylesPrower: This was pretty good, and I really liked the 'not enough space' concept in entries. My only concern here is Jessie's expression, which certainly isn't that of a graceful plum fairy. Still a good, solid entry, though, so nice work!

Third Place: PokeChamp

Side-kick to the face. Because Pikachu is that important.

- MylesPrower: I loved the sarcastic tone of the caption; it doesn't happen often. It's got depth, too though: Why would they fight so long and hard for a Pikachu!? I really enjoyed this entry.

Second Place: shampoo-thief

This is when Ash realized that he should have listened to his mom and packed more underwear.

- MylesPrower: What a great entry! You really went deep into the characters. Sometimes overthinking it like this ruins a caption, but in this case, it was excellent! Just great!

WINNER: 42_chocolate

It took Jessie's recently learned Judo skills to convince Ash that the boat was, in fact, not big enough for the two of them.

- Shoyru1444: It was great. It fit in well, and it was really funny. Also, it was short, which was great.

WINNER: Berquet50

Jessie: TEKKEN!
Ash: MATRIX!

- MylesPrower: Absolutely perfect! The thing that really makes it shine are the obvious references here that fit so perfectly together. The first thing that comes to mind when 'Matrix' is brought up is the 'limbo-dodge', if you will. Requires such little explanation. Bravo.

2m6tj0o.png

210a6wz.png

What a great round, guys! Thanks so much for all of the killer entries.

There's a reason I hesitated to post results for this round. Tonight, I will be leaving for Boston, Massachusetts for college. This will be quite a large move, and I am unsure as to how long I'll be without internet access. I'll leave a new round up before I leave, but if I had done this sooner, it's possible this next round would've lagged on for a very long time.

tl;dr: I'll be gone for a while. Enjoy this next round until I can come back to post results.

EDIT:

I am in quite a hurry. Here's Round 12.

iee551.png

Good luck!

Jessie: Give me back my money for your stupid contraptions!
James: NEVER!
Meowth: I've gotta get somewhere less wierd...

Jessie: Give me the last piece of food you little trewp.
James: Never its mine!!!
Meowth: I so need to get new owners.

Jessie: James, your handstand is in the way of my sun salutation!
James: Well your sun salutation is in the way of my handstand!
Meowth: All you'se bickering's in da way of my final relaxation!

Jessie: Ima firing my lazer.
Meowth: And ima wonderin' why i joined team rocket.

James: "NO! Don't look at my secret!"

Jessie: "Meowth! Quick! Tell me what it is!!"

Meowth: *Looks down and sees a magazine*
"Umm... I think you have a problem, James."

Team Rocket reacts to seeing Team Plasma replacing them in the next series.

RE: Pokemon TV Caption Challenge! I can already tell, this round is going to be inten

Jessie- "Eeek!!! Why is Meowth wearing my make-up in such a horrible way!!!"

Meowth- "Horrible?"

Jessie: Where did the last of my mascara go!?
James: How should I know where it is?
Meowth: Ohh...

Jessie had decided that James was too young too see the things Meowth was seeing.

Meowth expected it to be a quiet one and went for it.

(Oh, fart jokes xP)

Back