Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
What I'm saying is, unless you have nothing in your collection, getting a theme deck would mean that you would most likely go over the 4 of limit of a specific card, considering theme decks have multiples of certain cards, so if you already have most of the theme deck without buying the theme deck, it is not worth it to buy the theme deck. It also makes pulling cards that you get 4 of in a theme deck, from booster packs, such a waste. I have a bunch of 5, 6, 7, even 8 ofs in my collection. Turns out those were cards from Theme Decks.

Can you still use a specific theme deck without buying a theme deck in the theme format? For example, let's say I bought a ton of booster packs, or acquired the cards in trade to get all the cards that are in that specific deck. Would that unlock that specific deck for the Theme Format, or do I have to buy that theme deck to unlock it?

I also have a bunch of unused theme deck codes. I don't know what will happen when I try to use them in Pokemon TCG Live. You just don't know how many "draw 3 cards" trainers I accumulated from unlocking only one theme deck per set.
You need the actual theme deck to use it in the theme deck format.

I don't see why the codes wouldn't just unlock the cards and coin in the deck on PTCGL (and then excess copies would be converted to credits). Maybe it's possible that they only give the promo and the coin though.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
I have to wonder if people singing Live’s praises right now have ever experienced any of the other modern tcg clients that have been doing exactly what Live is setting out to do for years - nobody ever defends those, because they know better. Everyone in Pokémon is being happily nickeled and dimed into an admittedly worse product (they are literally telling you all the features that exist currently that will be gone, and it’s a not-insignificant amount) because of a slightly improved coat of paint. I shouldn’t be surprised, but it’s always shocking to see. I am especially disappointed in the content creators and tournament players who are snarkily defending this stuff - they won’t have to grind for anything, no wonder they don’t care about the changes! I have been lulling in and out of this game for the worse part of the last year and a half or so and I think it’s time to just call it quits here. I am happy to be proven wrong, that this client will be wonderful and herald in a new era of digital Pokémon play or whatever, but something tells me I won’t be. Thankfully this world is full of things to enjoy, and I don’t need to keep burdening myself with trying to fit my square peg into this franchise’s round holes all for the sake of brand loyalty or fondness. It’s time to move on.
about those content creators, they are getting money from pokemon to promote pokemon live. They cant say anything negative if one of thier brand deals is pokemon company,.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
I read that PTCG live will "forget" the decklists that you made in PTCGO, so does it mean that the Theme Deck decklists will also be forgotten?

Let's say I bought a Theme Deck in PTCGO, and the transfer happens. Will I still get the Theme Deck as a deck, or is it just 60 cards that transfer over, without having it being recognized as a deck?
you will copy your deck list to notepad or word, if you want to "transfer it over"

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
about those content creators, they are getting money from pokemon to promote pokemon live. They cant say anything negative if one of thier brand deals is pokemon company,.
This is a misconception/myth. Unless the creator is promoting a specific product given to them by the company for promotional purposes (or in this case they'd have to be specifically paid to promote PTCGL), creators can say whatever they want. There's also no evidence that any creators have been paid to promote PTCGL or that they even knew about it before us. There is a chance that there's some kind of contract that forces them to be positive at all times, but that's extremely uncommon and difficult to get away with because someone will eventually turn down that offer and expose them.

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, so I've decided I'll enjoy the current meta all I can with PTCGO now and wait... If PTCG Live is outregeous, then that will be the end, I'll stop playing. If not, all good!

So I've got some questions I hope someone can answer:

-You'll get to transfer a maximum of 4 copies of each card. Since they have different numbers, I guess different versions of trainers like Boss's Order's and FA Boss's Orders, or Quick Ball and FA Quick Ball count as different cards, so I can actually tranfer 4 of each. But what about holo versions of a card? Like, I've got more than 4 non FA-Boss's Orders, one of them is holo, and another one is holo-reverse. What will happen with those?

-So, 125 unopened tradeable products will become crystals or whatever they're called. ANY unopened tradeable pack, right? It doesn't need to be the current set, EVS. So as long as I make sure to have a total of 125 tradeable packs before the transfer I'll receive the maximum possible amount of crystals, right?

That's all, thank you in advance :)

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, so I've decided I'll enjoy the current meta all I can with PTCGO now and wait... If PTCG Live is outregeous, then that will be the end, I'll stop playing. If not, all good!

-You'll get to transfer a maximum of 4 copies of each card. Since they have different numbers, I guess different versions of trainers like Boss's Order's and FA Boss's Orders, or Quick Ball and FA Quick Ball count as different cards, so I can actually tranfer 4 of each. But what about holo versions of a card? Like, I've got more than 4 non FA-Boss's Orders, one of them is holo, and another one is holo-reverse. What will happen with those?

-So, 125 unopened tradeable products will become crystals or whatever they're called. ANY unopened tradeable pack, right? It doesn't need to be the current set, EVS. So as long as I make sure to have a total of 125 tradeable packs before the transfer I'll receive the maximum possible amount of crystals, right?

1. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (we don't know yet)

2. Seems to be any packs. It also doesn't say it has to be tradable.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer

Your first question is one that a lot of people are asking and I have a feeling that they'll get transferred too. The card "collection" screen we've been shown has most likely been streamlined and variants will be shown when you click or tap that individual card.

The second one has already been answered by @Mimikeon, the only caveat seems to be that items that ONLY contain avatar items won't be eligible (so people who bought or traded for 125 Pikachu Boxes are kind in a sticky situation).

treeckonation

Treecko is a good pokemon
I mean, if you were exclusively playing Legacy you'll probably have an easier time finding people in other ways anyway.
That's true but i don't want to travel like 20 miles to the nearest card shop. It was much easier to just go on a computer.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
That's true but i don't want to travel like 20 miles to the nearest card shop. It was much easier to just go on a computer.
Hm, I mean like on a Discord through webcam or something like TCGOne.

But yeah, losing features does suck even when it's understandable why the feature was removed.

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
Could you imagine instead of losing HGSS, Pokemon TCG Live introduced a new format that is ex Ruby & Sapphire onward, because Yugioh's oldest legal set is from 2002, and MTG's Modern Format's oldest legal set is from 2003, so why not a new format that uses cards from the same timeframe.

Pokemon TCG live could have introduced Online Only booster packs that draw cards from 2003 to 2010, but we can't have nice things.

When Magic Online started, the oldest set was from 1999, but they slowly added older cards later on.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Could you imagine instead of losing HGSS, Pokemon TCG Live introduced a new format that is ex Ruby & Sapphire onward, because Yugioh's oldest legal set is from 2002, and MTG's Modern Format's oldest legal set is from 2003, so why not a new format that uses cards from the same timeframe.

Pokemon TCG live could have introduced Online Only booster packs that draw cards from 2003 to 2010, but we can't have nice things.

When Magic Online started, the oldest set was from 1999, but they slowly added older cards later on.
The difference is that TPCi's main goal is selling physical booster packs, while Wizards just wants the app itself to extract as much money as possible.

magikarp ex

wouldn't you like to know.....
Saw that league rewards count as unopened product towards the 6250 gems, does that mean the sleeves/deck boxes?

mehwish.yati

Aspiring Trainer
Buying theme decks and opening them probably means adding 3 or 4 of something that you already have, which means are going to lose some of those cards in the transfer process because you are only allowed to move over 4 copies. I have 5+ copies of some cards, but they are jank commons. I think I had like 30+ copies of a certain card.

I just bought 5 packs each, and opened them all, of each set from Lost Thunder to Evolving Skies, just to use up all my tokens. I have 145 tokens left. Can't buy any other thing that can be transferred over.

You are supposed to get crystals for the number of unopened items correct? Does the number of items count which ones are theme decks and which ones are booster packs? If the number of items does not count which ones are boosters and which ones are theme decks, then getting Theme Decks with your remaining tokens are totally not worth it. There is no point if the Theme Decks transfer over as 60 cards, and not a deck, and the likelihood of surpassing your 4 of limit of a certain raichu pokemon card with a theme decks is high. We also don't know if a sealed theme deck nets you more crystals over sealed booster packs.
My cousin was showing me his Pokemon cards, and this one caught my eye. He had a few more like this, such as Zubat. As a Pokemon fan and crocheter, I thought it was adorable that the trading cards also featured amigurumi creations.

(And since my adorable little nephew gave me the Azurill card to keep, I should probably stretch my crochet skills and make him one in return!)