Pokemon Pokemon Therapy, (Are you ashamed of your hobby?)

RE: Ashamed of pokemon?

Whats wrong?

Everyone has their own interests. If they feel good about doing it, they should (unless its illegal of course :p)

Wow! I didn't realize how many people actually think like me! I feel so happy! :D

heh I'm going through the same kinda' deli ma right now... anyone care to help me?

The only pokemon league within 50 miles of where I live is about 4 miles away. The only problem is that its a popular card shop and there are a lot of psycho nerds there. I do have a pretty upper-middle class social status at my school and I hope to keep it that way through high school. I really love the pokemon tcg, I really wanna be a part of the local fandom. I don't really want other people from school that happen to walk in to judge me, cause there are little kids playing too... Maybe this saturday I'll get the balls to go in and play.

Any suggestions of what I should do?

riolu_ranger said:
I play pokemon with my family and go to prerelease's but when it comes to school NOBODY knows that i play pokemon
Same with me, but i have a few people that know i like pokemon.

Jaebreue said:
Also, be more specific about "psycho nerds". Why are they so repulsive to you?

Well, they're the kind of guys that are always talking way too deep about stuff. Where it sounds like they're speeking a different language, I haven't been there in a while, maybe there are new people. Also- where they think they know more than everyone else cause they can quote all the laws of physics in alphabetical order.

I don't care if people make fun of me I'm already at the bottom of popularity because most of the so called "cool kids" are big jerks and I'm trying to show that people are wrong about it. They always say it's stupid because of the show. I like pokemon, they can say what they want, and it has helped me become who I am today or I'd probably be a jerk like them. I'm not saying all popular kids are like that, but most kids in my 8th grade classes act like that. I like pokemon and I'm proud of it.

Mew the source of all said:
I don't care if people make fun of me I'm already at the bottom of popularity because most of the so called "cool kids" are big jerks and I'm trying to show that people are wrong about it. They always say it's stupid because of the show. I like pokemon, they can say what they want, and it has helped me become who I am today or I'd probably be a jerk like them. I'm not saying all  popular kids are like that, but most kids in my 8th grade classes act like that. I like pokemon and I'm proud of it.

agree with you I also don,t care of being popular or not also yes those
"cool kids" are big yerks because everyone has the right to have their own interests

light manaphy said:
I don't care if people make fun of me I'm already at the bottom of popularity because most of the so called "cool kids" are big jerks and I'm trying to show that people are wrong about it. They always say it's stupid because of the show. I like pokemon, they can say what they want, and it has helped me become who I am today or I'd probably be a jerk like them. I'm not saying all  popular kids are like that, but most kids in my 8th grade classes act like that. I like pokemon and I'm proud of it.

agree with you I also don,t care of being popular or not also yes those
"cool kids" are big yerks because everyone has the right to have their own interests

yeah.all of us are cool in a way.people that are acting cool are just not cool.They don't believe that they are cool by themselves which means they have no respect for themselves when you look at it.
I'm proud of what I want and that's the best way to be really cool

Another reason I don't want to be is because they have no respect. I mean what happened to respecting your elders and just plain old respect. AZ schools focus on these six pillars of character. Responsibility, Citizenship, Caring, Fairness, Respect and something that I can't remember, but it seems that all of them have crumbled into nothing but debris, and dust.

I'm not ashamed but I only tell people I can trust. Not that much bullying happens at my school and I think their are alot of people that play casually but they haven't told me.

i don't know why people hide their trueself at school so what if they make fun of you. when you know they probably stil have their old cards or even still collects them. i don't hide the fact that i'm a pokemaniac at school i have some of my cards out at school alot and i don't get laght at. even if some of my freinds that like poke. are always lying or hiding the fact they like pokemon except my freind summ. =) so just be your self and don't keep your true feelings about pokemon locked up inside .also i didn't get this from dr.phils show i suare.really i didn't=)

MANAPHY=) said:
i don't know why people hide their trueself at school so what if they make fun of you. when you know they probably stil have their old cards or even still collects them. i don't hide the fact that i'm a pokemaniac at school i have some of my cards out at school alot and i don't get laght at. even if some of my freinds that like poke. are always lying or hiding the fact they like pokemon except my freind summ. =) so just be your self and don't keep your true feelings about pokemon locked up inside .also i didn't get this from dr.phils show i suare.really i didn't=)

Yeah that's right.A true pokemon fan never hides the fact that he like it.Those people you mention does'nt deserve it if they don't change.:(

Pokemon forever Pokemon fans for eternity. It's sad, people hides true-self because of peers. It's stupid they make fun of those that do and they probably hurt on the inside for it. I play at school when I'm done with work, at lunch, or in homeroom (13 minute class for handouts).

Pokemon forever Pokemon fans for eternity. It's sad, people hides true-self because of peers. It's stupid they make fun of those that do and they probably hurt on the inside for it. I play at school when I'm done with work, at lunch, or in homeroom (13 minute class for handouts).

yeah they're scared to lose fake friends oh well..too bad for them they've made the wrond decision

:cool:ashamed? i am never ashamed to admit i love pokemon! i collect the tcg,all the video games since pokemon red version, i have most of the episodes and i never miss an episode on saturday mornings for the past 8 years, i collect all the figures and have a large collction of stuffed toys of my favorite pokemon.(right now i am playing mystery dungeon of the nintendo DS. i love that game!! i also can not wait for diamond and pearl!)pokemon has been a big part of me for many years and it is in no way over or dead.when anyone asks me what my current favorite hobby is i proudly answer why, pokemon of course! i think no one thinks the worst of a true fan! especially when your 32 and have alot of good friends like you guys who share your intrest!

Attachments

• Mew and Master Chief kick ass!.JPG
    Mew and Master Chief kick ass!.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 2

Exploud Ex said:
16 outta 20 boys play the TCG in my class! so I'm not ashamed.
P.S a girl collects in my class.

what do you mean "ps a girl collects in my class" so what if girls play or collect pokemon cards that sound really sexist you know

-__- You guys never understand, do you? Saying things like "What's wrong?" and "Just be Yourself" belongs in the storybook and Fairy Tales. "So what is people..." and other things obtained form Kiddie shows aren't going to work... So, get over it, most people think Pokemon is nerdy and kiddie, and it's true, I can't hide the truth.

Back