Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The developers of Pokemon TCG Live have updated the program’s visuals in response to player feedback. In an open letter to the community, they summarized the issues players brought up in a survey last August. They promise to continue to improve the beta based on this feedback.
Dear Pokémon TCG fans,
Today, we’re excited to share more about the updates and changes coming this year to Pokémon TCG Live!
In August, we shared a survey with everyone who played the Pokémon TCG Live limited beta to help us in our ongoing efforts to better understand player impressions of the game’s current state.
Today, we’d like to provide insight into some of the common themes you shared with us as part of that survey:

Players liked crafting, daily quests, and Battle Pass content.
Players found the gameplay to be strategic and clear.
Players...

Continue reading...

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Interested to see how the game will turn out based on this feedback, but I can't deny that the acknowledgement of these things is a step in the right direction. Hoping for the best!

It still kind of stings not being able to play the Legacy Format once this takes over PTCGO, however. That was the most fun I personally had with the TCG as a game since the XY era.

vexel

Aspiring Trainer
Glad to see they're really listening to the community and feedback.

For starters the UI looks much better already, the board looks filled out and the negative space is gone.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
So far the rollout of this game is a kackyshow, from the numerous instability issues to cutting 70% of player's collections. But, I am glad they acknowledged that the artstyle is also terrible. It would be encouraging to see how they plan to change it beyond meaningless 3D effects. I know that Pokemon, as a whole but especially with spin-off games, is incredibly inconsistent when it comes to the Trainer design, but I'd rather see a more anime-like characters.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
I'd rather see a more anime-like characters.
Same. I get the sense TPCI wants to put their own Americanized touch and sensibility to what's presumably a US-grown game, but if you want to do that, you really need to put your best foot forward. This bland corportate-approved artstyle isn't it.

I think Live has more interesting long-term potential than PTCGO so I'm glad they're going to respond to feedback and try and improve it vs. scrap it and pretend it never happened.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
A modern Mobile Free-To-Play game actually listening to its players and adjusting the game accordingly???? What the hell is this, 2017???? Did I just enter the twilight zone?

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
Interested to see how the game will turn out based on this feedback, but I can't deny that the acknowledgement of these things is a step in the right direction. Hoping for the best!

It still kind of stings not being able to play the Legacy Format once this takes over PTCGO, however. That was the most fun I personally had with the TCG as a game since the XY era.
It would be nice if they'd just put all cards in for an unranked Unlimited format, including ones we never received just so we could have options. Like, if you could do that no one would ever use any other battle simulator. They don't even need to enforce agreed upon rules or anything, just have it as an option.

Tvoretz

?
It would be nice if they'd just put all cards in for an unranked Unlimited format, including ones we never received just so we could have options. Like, if you could do that no one would ever use any other battle simulator. They don't even need to enforce agreed upon rules or anything, just have it as an option.
I'd love to have classic card support, too, but implementing an extra decade+ of cards that don't really conform to the current rules of the TCG is a lot to ask when they haven't even finished Expanded and don't have a financial incentive to go past that.

Bewear The TERRIBLE

Rogue TCG Player
So, this is a actually gonna happen.. I honestly thought they had abandoned the entire PTCGL project since we haven't heard anything from pokemon in like MONTHS.. I'll all up for the switch if they keep the trade feature. Otherwise, i just don't see the point of switching to a fancier UI just to make cards more difficult to unlock. I mean, paying for each card is gonna cost a lotta in game money which im certain we wont be getting that easily. So without trading, the PTCG platform is definitely gonna suck. 😐🙁

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, that would require a massive expansion of the team and ultimately an aggressive microtransaction strategy. They should focus on doing what they promised first.

So, this is a actually gonna happen.. I honestly thought they had abandoned the entire PTCGL project since we haven't heard anything from pokemon in like MONTHS.. I'll all up for the switch if they keep the trade feature. Otherwise, i just don't see the point of switching to a fancier UI just to make cards more difficult to unlock. I mean, paying for each card is gonna cost a lotta in game money which im certain we wont be getting that easily. So without trading, the PTCG platform is definitely gonna suck. 😐🙁
Nah, this system is way better than trading. They just need to improve the economy itself (which is much easier than overhauling the game to add trading back when that was never meant to be an economy in the first place).

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Really hoping they move the "End Turn" button for portrait mode to like, the top of the screen or something ;;

I have big hands and I've thrown multiple games because my finger accidently slips and pushes it

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
So far the rollout of this game is a kackyshow, from the numerous instability issues to cutting 70% of player's collections. But, I am glad they acknowledged that the artstyle is also terrible. It would be encouraging to see how they plan to change it beyond meaningless 3D effects. I know that Pokemon, as a whole but especially with spin-off games, is incredibly inconsistent when it comes to the Trainer design, but I'd rather see a more anime-like characters.
Nobody has lost collections unless you mean the cards over 4 copies (and HGSS cards of course). Literally every single person claiming they've lost tons of cards I've seen just hasn't known how the filters work and think that setting to Expanded will show everything. Some didn't even bother reading and didn't know that only SM-on has been implemented.

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
I'd love to have classic card support, too, but implementing an extra decade+ of cards that don't really conform to the current rules of the TCG is a lot to ask when they haven't even finished Expanded and don't have a financial incentive to go past that.
Then sell the classic cards. Make yearly booster packs that reprint cards exactly as they were, minus like e-Reader codes and Wizards copyright. Maybe make the packs 25 cards and sell them for 10 dollars.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
They just completely purged their main discussion forum and all posts in it. Well done, TPCi.