News Pokemon TCG Alola Collection in November!

Wow November is STACKED, good lord. Definitely won't have money to afford all this, probably will pass on this box until December or something. For people that have been collecting for awhile this is probably simpler but for a newish guy like me, it's hard. Still don't even have much of the older stuff, I am in between a rock and a hard place of choosing either to buy some older stuff before it gets cycled out and thus more expensive or staying hip and up to date (which is fun in of itself) with all the latest stuff xD

Cool box, but confusing description considering the back of the box of the scans don't match the front at all.

Shame how the merchndaise is derived from Solgaleo and Lunalalalala when there are no actual promo cards. I'm a figure over jumbo promo type of person and as would be expected these figures are more better detailed and quality made then the Tomy or the UK Prerelease figures so I am happy that my expectation got by on that part.

Pity same with Snorlax GX box also how they couldn't wait to include 7th Gen packs and rush these out like riding a Tauros in the outside world.

Last edited:
I really think a product that is suppose to be about the future of game really shouldn't have expanded booster packs regardless of how good of a set it is.

This also seems to be replacing the lunch boxes they have made for the past two years.

If these are the packs we actually get in the set, then no thanks, I'll pass. Evolutions and Steam Siege are fine, but Furious Fists and Phantom Forces? Why?

Shame how the merchndaise is derived from Solgaleo and Lunalalalala when there are no actual promo cards. I'm a figure over jumbo promo type of person and as would be expected these figures are more better detailed and quality made then the Tomy or the UK Prerelease figures so I am happy that my expectation got by on that part.

Pity same with Snorlax GX box also how they couldn't wait to include 7th Gen packs and rush these out like riding a Tauros in the outside world.

Ugh, all I just want is the Lunala figure, but I don't wanna buy an entire box set that's gonna cost 50 bucks. :/

Uuuumm... What? Why on earth did they split the Black Star Promos between these two "collections" with alt holo cards from the set? (I mean, aside from the obvious cash grab, because this way, you "have to" buy both products to get all three Black Star Promos; and lets increase the pack count to increase the price while we're at it.) I would have considered buying one of these, depending on the price, if both included all three Black Star Promos, but nope. Buying the Promos online. I have no interest in the jumbo cards, figures, or the pins, so I have no reason buy either products.

No can't do it. Just realized the flavor text isn't boxed. Also what's up the litten in the Sol gell box is promo nut the Rowlet and Popplio aren't? And in the Lunala box they're all promo. What are they doing?

God these new cards are hideous. Whomever designed them should be fired along with whatever executive or team of executives who approved them. It looks so discombobulated and cheap.

Also the fact that they are purposely not showing Solagaleo and Lunala's stage pretty much confirms that they are evolved Pokemon. I'm guessing Cosmog -> Quapod (not the real name, just what I've been calling him in my head) -> Solgaleo or Lunala depending on the version. Neat idea, but I feel like Stage 2 legendaries are going to be ridiculously OP.

Could this also confirm that Cosmog evolves into both Solgaleo and Lunala? Note that their stages still have not been revealed, but we have Pokemon-GX of every stage.
I was looking at these images today at League and the same thing struck me. There's no reason for them to hide the Stage at this point if they were Basic Pokemon. Cosmog (and another Pokemon found in the data of the SM demo) appeared to be somehow related to these but I hadn't looked at these cards again since those were revealed.

Bold prediction: these are Stage 2 legendary Pokemon-GX with HP somewhere around 270. That would DEFINITELY be a reason to remove that information from the cards, especially if they "evolve from" a Pokemon that hasn't been officially revealed.

There is no way they have that much HP. They're way too good for that. Even the starters-GX don't have that much HP.

I forgot that Cosmog evolves so yeah, they probably are Stage 2.

I feel like those wont be the official booster packs you get in the box. Why X and Y, Phantom Forces, and Primal Clash. It should be the Sun and Moon packs, Evolutions, Steam Siege, Fates Collide, and then maybe a second Sun and Moon pack. I does not make sense to me why they chose those packs for the box instead of the newest ones.

I feel like those wont be the official booster packs you get in the box. Why X and Y, Phantom Forces, and Primal Clash. It should be the Sun and Moon packs, Evolutions, Steam Siege, Fates Collide, and then maybe a second Sun and Moon pack. I does not make sense to me why they chose those packs for the box instead of the newest ones.

While there is a chance the pack composition may change before release, there will most certainly not be any S&M TCG packs included. These collections come out this month, and S&M TCG Expansions won't be released until December in Japan and next year (probably February) in English.

That said, Primal Clash packs in particular seem to be common in these sorts of boxes recently. I think the warehouses have a lot of extra.

Interesting to see that Lunala Collection got the 3 S Mpromos while Solgaleo got the regular set starters. It was not like that with the product image before.

C'mon, this was the perfect time to get rid of the yellow borders. The cards aren't consistent with the Black & White lay-out either way. This is just one of those things about the new set that I can't put my head around, and it makes me consider quitting the TCG once more.

Back