General Pokemon Shuffle

Only two days left on the new mega stage, Mega Banette and theres been some giant scores on this level, in europe top place has 105252 points using Mega Gengar,Yvetal, Zoroark and Sharpedo. I find it quite intresting how he got that high considering some teams arent taking Mega Gengar to continue Zoroarks Sinister Power combo to get a higher score

Currently I have 23356 points, ranking me at 941/10000, so I'm fairly sure I'll get Banettes mega stone in two/three days! How is everyone esle doing on it?

The reason they aren't using a Mega is because while Gengar is clearing it is taking up time that could be spent getting more Pokemon to drop. For most people this wouldn't affect them because of reaction time and from not using exploits.

I was in around 8,000 place with a score just over 16,000 no items. I decided to retry today with items and got just over 26,000 so now I'm in a comfortable spot.

I tried this game out when it first came out, though knowing that they were pulling this kind of Candy Crush crap with it, my hopes were not high. To my disappointment, the game failed to impress me. I feel that Battle Trozei trumps this game in every aspect (OK, no Mega Evolution in Battle Trozei, but... I don't care). Deleted it off my 3DS before too long. I'm just glad I never sank so much as a cent into it, and I really hope that this and Rumble World are where Nintendo draws the line. I just really don't like games that make you pay in-game for basic necessities, like the ability to continue playing when you want. And if this ever crosses over into the main series games, I weep for humanity.

Personally, I've never spent a penny on Pokemon Shuffle, just used the free stuff on it and I'm doing pretty well, if a bit slower then others.

Well, the Mega Banette competion is over! I managed to get #1691 out of 10000 but I really need to capture some more powerful pokemon like yvetal soon so I dont get left behind.

Also, there's a new chance for you to capture Pinsir! I didnt realize how harsh it was at first, as the battle seems normal, but if you dont catch it, then it'll be gone for that day, and it only runs for 4 days. I might need to spend some of the coins I was saving for the next competion to catch it...

This has to be their stupidest move yet. Only four chances to actually catch a Pokemon. The stage itself was rather easy ( I finished with 10 moves left ), but the catch rate leaves a lot to be desired. 3% is the base catch rate and each additional turn you have nets you an additional 2% chance to catch it. I ended up wasting coins on a Great Ball because it didn't stay in and I wasn't going to risk missing it.

Pinsir has 70 power at level 1 and its ability is Power Of Four.

So they added a new Regirock for special stage as a great challenge. The thing has an insane amount of HP. Without items I only got it to like half its HP and I was using Mega Lucario, Blastoise, Sceptile, and Groudon. All of those were at least level 6. Seriously, what were the developers thinking.

There are also some more normal stages which aren't terrible though some definitely are going to require coins, looking at Frogadier.

So they added a new Regirock for special stage as a great challenge. The thing has an insane amount of HP. Without items I only got it to like half its HP and I was using Mega Lucario, Blastoise, Sceptile, and Groudon. All of those were at least level 6. Seriously, what were the developers thinking.

There are also some more normal stages which aren't terrible though some definitely are going to require coins, looking at Frogadier.
I'm still stuck on Mega Glalie, because it keeps on freezing rows of my Pokémon AND it has really high HP!

This game is only really fun when you pay, but since there's no limit (unlike Rumble World), I don't really want to spend any money on it.

My coins have now maxed out (99.999) and I still have all 19 jewels you could get for free so far without losing out on mega stones so they can pretty much throw at me what they want at this point, and the weekend would still refill my coins back to the max. lol

Edit: That includes 2 Streetpass jewels, one from the first and one from the 100th. If you get one for 200, 300 etc. streetpasses, then I will soon be getting a third Streepass jewel (I have over 180 so yay).

Last edited:
My coins have now maxed out (99.999) and I still have all 19 jewels you could get for free so far without losing out on mega stones so they can pretty much throw at me what they want at this point, and the weekend would still refill my coins back to the max. lol

Edit: That includes 2 Streetpass jewels, one from the first and one from the 100th. If you get one for 200, 300 etc. streetpasses, then I will soon be getting a third Streepass jewel (I have over 180 so yay).
I do NOT live in a good enough area for that, nor do I have the patience. I just spend my jewels on coins, as I don't want to buy any through real money.

I do NOT live in a good enough area for that, nor do I have the patience. I just spend my jewels on coins, as I don't want to buy any through real money.
It's just 1 (soon 2) jewels anyway. :p

Obviously I haven't spent any money on the game either since I still have all my free jewels.

It's just 1 (soon 2) jewels anyway. :p

Obviously I haven't spent any money on the game either since I still have all my free jewels.
I still can't beat Mega Glalie. I even tried items, but now I don't enough enough money! :(

Disruption Delay + Mega Start should be enough to get through it if you're using Mega Mawile. For your other Pokemon I'd suggest Lucario, Sawk, and Throh. Try and make matches with Lucario because that can trigger Pummel which increases damage fighting types do in combos.

Use the +5 Moves buff as well. It's saved me a lot. It also has the bonus of contributing to your rank, so if you finish it quickly enough you can get an S on it as well.

Yeah, then better save enough coins to buy those three upgrades (+5, Disruption Delay and Mega Start) and consider very carefully once you are playing it. Until next Monday you will have 3500-4000 coins from updating and 2x Meowth should net you at least about 4000 coins.

Once you have Mega Mewtwo though every Meowth will profit you about 4000-5000 coins if you buy +5 turns, so each weekend you get profits from over 9000 coins. The best I have gotten so far is 6900 coins from one, but of course you have to take away the 800 you paid for +5 turns (so the profit was 6100). Just make sure to take Psychic types with Mega Mewtwo. I always use the Espurr family since they are three psychics next to each other (and they are also kitties!).

My new Meowth team is Mega Banette, Lampent (Mega Boost), Chandelure (Mega Boost), and Haunter (Quirky). Vanilla Banette also has Mega Boost so I can evolve within a few turns. Mega Banette has the same power as Mega Mewtwo Y, so that's cool. I'm not nerd enough to have Mewtwo yet. I can barely beat his stage, even by cheating.

Yeah, then better save enough coins to buy those three upgrades (+5, Disruption Delay and Mega Start) and consider very carefully once you are playing it. Until next Monday you will have 3500-4000 coins from updating and 2x Meowth should net you at least about 4000 coins.

Once you have Mega Mewtwo though every Meowth will profit you about 4000-5000 coins if you buy +5 turns, so each weekend you get profits from over 9000 coins. The best I have gotten so far is 6900 coins from one, but of course you have to take away the 800 you paid for +5 turns (so the profit was 6100). Just make sure to take Psychic types with Mega Mewtwo. I always use the Espurr family since they are three psychics next to each other (and they are also kitties!).
I M Mewtwo one of those timed events? I SUCK at those!

Oh man, you make a great point PMJ! I never even thought about the mega boost ability, but fortunately both Meowstics have it so I was using it with x2 without knowing. LOL
I'll definitely switch over to the combination you mentioned since regular Mewtwo's ability is worthless!

If you don't have Mega Mewtwo or Banette, then Mega Gengar is the way to go if you have it.

Mewtwo is a timed stage you unlock when you have 150 S ranks on regular (numbered) stages (including mega).

Been playing the new stages. Steelix is a pain in the ass since I don't have Mega Lucario. Would still probably be annoying without it. I don't want to blow 9000 coins on a Complexity -1 but it looks like I might have to.

So after saving up coins from checking in and the weekend Meowth I gave Regirock another go using Attack Boost and Mega Start. My team was Mega Lucario, Kyogre, Groudon, and Blastoise. I struggled because of how the metal blocks kept falling, making it difficult to match 3 Lucario horizontally. I think Mega Blastoise would've been a better choice in hind sight. While I had Sceptile, I didn't use it because its ability almost never activates even on matches of five. I struggled to get combos and won with only 4 turns left. I was fortunate enough to capture it without a Great Ball.

For those who haven't checked in yet, there is another chance to obtain Lucarionite. This time the stage gives you 20 moves. The following items may be purchased to increase your score: Mega start 2000 coins, Complexity-1 9000 coins, Disruption Delay 1500 coins. The top 30,000 players will receive the Lucarionite at the end of the competition.

In addition, new daily Pokemon stages have appeared. Today's Pokemon is Girafarig which gives you 7 moves to defeat it. Its base catch rate is 8% and it is increased by 4% for each move you have remaining.

Back