Pokemon Reduces Van Gogh Distribution for Hobby Stores, Expands to Large Chain Stores: At Least 100K Copies Expected!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
In direct response to our reporting about pre-scalping, we’ve learned TPCi will be scaling back this month’s promo distribution for hobby stores in the Netherlands.
Yesterday Pokemon’s official distributor, Asmodee, contacted hobby stores and informed them they will only be receiving 10 of the “Pikachu with Grey Felt Hat” promo cards. Previously Asmodee announced it would be 100 per store. The order came directly from TPCi.
On the PokeBeach podcast, I theorized that Pokemon could strike a blow to hobby stores who pre-scalped the cards by depriving them of their supply. For stores who took money...

Continue reading...

The promotion should be handled more professionally.
That's coming of the heels of a story that museum employees participated in the scalping.
It took McDonalds a few years to adjust to the massively increased demand. They had people scalping the cards at the restaurants, or employees carrying out stacks of cards. Most of these stores will not be prepared - or take seriously - the artificially-created demand for this card. I am ready to watch another pandemonium.

Last edited:
that’s great news, perhaps I’d be able to get one from intertoys or media markt when I’m at Utrecht for special event

Back