Pokemon: Household Ruby Version

PG24

<Pride> I'm my wildest fantasy
Advanced Member
33myln8.png

Pokemon: Ruby Version is by Game Freak
Translated by [mod]TDL[/mod]​

What is Household Ruby Version?

Household Ruby Version (HRV) is a terribly translated version of Pokemon Ruby Version. Every line of text in the game has gone through at least eighteen different, random languages, one of which being English. The process of translating involves placing all scripts in this program (I always use Bing,18, and random on) and watching the magic. The beauty of this game comes from how terrible the translations become. Pokemon are now called Household Fairies. Professor Birch is now a woman. All of this is a part of the beauty that is HRV. None of these translations are changed. They are all kept in their pristine glory.

Why is it called Household Ruby?

During one of my translations, I put in Pocket Monster until I got something cool out. After (I think) two tries, I got "Household Fairies". I decided to name the game after them due to how cool I found this to be. Fun fact: Household Fairy is the only consistently placed translation in the game so far besides names. Everything else is completely different with each translation. This means when I see Pokemon, I replace it with XXXXXX. When the translation is over, I put in Household Fairy.

Is that it?

Perhaps. I want to keep the games true to themselves. Changing them further would ruin the game's original formula. However, I might throw in an Easter egg or two. It all depends, really. I'll probably not though since, like I said, it disturbs the original formula.

Why are you defiling Ruby Version?

Three reasons:

1) I feel Vietnemese Crystal, and to a lesser extent, Engrish Green, deserve something to rival them in terms of hilariousness. As of writing this I've only done half of Littleroot Town and I feel I have outclassed them both. I am that confident with my results.

2) Because I have never played the Hoenn games. When I am done with this, I am going to make a playthrough of this and put it on Youtube. When I say this game is incomprehensible, I mean it. I want a challenge and that's what I'm getting.

3) The final reason is because this is a test of my patience. Do you know how long it takes to translate one town with less than ten people? Exactly. It's quite possibly the most time-consuming task I've ever done.

Is this done?

Not yet! I've just started on making it. Rest assured, this won't take absurdly long to make. I've included a progression bar just for your pleasure. It's all a rough estimate, really. ;)

{||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}

Are there any screenshots?

Why yes there are! I suppose I have to showcase them to prove this is actually real.

20p8x8h.png

bacon said:
Replace the sprites with terrible fan recolours/splices? :0

Make it more terrible?

That's not that bad, actually.

As a side thing, I have translated into my first swear. Should I remove it with a softer word? :0

I've actually owned a cartridge of Engrish Green and some google translated version of Silver, like ten years ago. I rembered, that, when you pressed 'Select', instead of telling you to register a Key Item, it stated 'Toys in bay define key.'

Anyways, I'd enjoy to play this. Go for it!

Having never seen videos of Vietnamese Crystal before, I was unfamiliar with the concept -- however, after watching a few videos, I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes TDL!

I'm keeping it translations only, actually. So far I have about 1/3 of all attacks and Pokemon you will see.

Just as a little sneak peek:

Pound = Reading
Growl = Your Voice
Treecko = Network
Shedinja = Woman

... that's actually what they translated to.

Nice project, but you will never best VOLCANO BAKEMEAT (from Viet. Crystal).

I can try (or rather I can hope lol).

Funny thing actually. Potion translated to Drug. I feel overjoyed.

2qicpkl.png

Piccolo_facepalm.JPG

Yes, these are the items so far ...

Anyways, as of right now I can't access the following texts:

- Professor Birch's Intro
- Where your mother greets you after exiting the van. I actually have no idea where this is.
- Battles.

Anything else I have access to.

Household Fairy. That's funny. I once translated Pokémon and ended up with "Best Package". XD

This looks like it could be fun. Maybe like the Chinese pirated Pokémon "Dimond & Jade".

Forgot to mention this:

Zubat = Dentist

Have fun with that thought.

What are you going to do if two moves end up getting translated to the same thing?

TDL said:
Anyways, as of right now I can't access the following texts:

- Professor Birch's Intro
- Where your mother greets you after exiting the van. I actually have no idea where this is.
- Battles.

Anything else I have access to.

Good news everyone! Pride has shown me how to get to these texts via a hex editor. This means that this game is 100% possible now!

I had to try this for myself, so I entered, "Welcome to the town of little-root" in Google Translate and ended up with, "But instead of a small island town."

This should be a funny and interesting game. Looking forward to it.

Im intrested in this project. I happen to have a Ruby ROM on the computer I'm using now so I'll probably download if it is a patch. Might download it if it isn't a patch anyways.(when it is finished, of course :p)

Ice Arceus, could you try to make the game accessible to Mac users? If you have already done so, please send the demo to me. :)

Edit: Misread the title as Ice Version... -_-;

@Lucky Fire: You've got the wrong thread.... >.>

Anyways, nice to see another game in the fake creations. I am looking forward to seeing how this project turns out.

Back