'Pokemon GO' to Feature Gyms, Other Details Revealed

I really don't know what I think about GO! It's really annoying that you can only play it on certain mobile phones. I don't have any of those kinds of phones, and I have no plans of getting any. I'm content with my ordinary phone.

I really would have preferred it to be another/newer version of Pokémon Dream Radar instead, so that I could play it on my New 3DS XL. Would have been a lot easier, that. And if you even could've Wonder Traded Pokémon there, the better. Think of all the possibilities...! :rolleyes:
But, alas...! :confused:

I even have some suggestions of how that game would be like, if that had come to be. Who wouldn't...?!

Is it still Gen 1 only? I really want to see Pachirisu, Emolga and Pidove.

Where did you hear that?
I want to see Pidove too, Ofcourse!
I last saw somewhere that you could capture all 720 Pokémon out there, but I am not sure.

Is it still Gen 1 only? I really want to see Pachirisu, Emolga and Pidove.

Where did you hear that?

I last saw somewhere that you could capture all 720 Pokémon out there, but I am not sure.

Be careful guys! This is part of what I was saying. There's practically no information out there; so don't believe misinformation, and definitely don't make any major sweeping judgement calls.

1) At the moment we have no idea which Pokemon will appear in the game. Sure, that interview confirmed legendaries (and water types haha), but that's it. People speculated that there would only be Gen 1 Pokemon because only Gen 1 Pokemon appeared in the trailer. However this was probably to attract the attention of a wider audience -- right down to the Gen 1'ers who haven't picked up a cartridge since the GB days. They have mentioned basically nothing else regarding Pokemon.
In my opinion, if they want to fill the entire Earth with Pokemon, they're going to need more than 151. And if it does start with 151, the possibility for updates is pretty much endless.

2) I think what MrCoolViking was referring to was that only "smart" phones with location services, wifi, Android/iOS, etc. can play it, and not old Blackberries / flip phones or whatever. Most apps on the Apple Store and Play Store work on all devices running the proper OS (albeit with some inevitable glitches making it harder to play on certain phones -- but ofc we don't know which ones yet). I don't think we have any reason to believe PoGo will be any different.

Back