News Pokemon GO Fest 'A Complete Disaster'

Pollybean

Aspiring Trainer
I believe 20,000 count isn't even that high compared to other large conventions. Niantic has no one to blame but themselves.

Vexen_IV

The Paul Heyman to Giratina-EX's Brock Lesnar.
I'm not surprised. I actually expected this to happen since it happened each time TPC/i did anything involving server usage.
TPC/i still oversees what they do with the IP, so they are responsible for it. This has happened even with the Pokemon Transfer Tool and Pokemon Bank, each release. It still perplexes me how (considering this has been a problem many times before) this is still a problem given the size of their user base.
The product is pokemon correct? I'm not imagining I'm catching pokemon when I play the game right ? They are connected. It's just as much their mess.
Well I'm looking forward to that update with Assault Rifles then. I mean, they can do it, since Pokemon isn't connected to it or anything.

Blaming TPC/i for Niantic's incompetence is like blaming Valve for this; http://steamed.kotaku.com/pro-counter-strike-and-dota-2-event-turns-into-complete-1729355937

https://dotesports.com/counter-strike/sasa-bulic-csgo-gamers-paradise-3344

Like it's completely asinine to blame TPC/i for the amount of incompetence shown in Chicago

Who made the game and adds patches to it? Who owns the servers and therefor performs maintenance on them? Who organized the event? Who sold the tickets? Who had not enough people at the 'gate' to let players into the event, causing people to stand in line for hours? Whose CEO and CMO showed up on stage? Whose to blame for this fiasco?

The answer to all these questions is.......NIANTIC.

Last edited:

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
K, can you all stop arguing about this? Does it matter?

Plus, Niantic handled it well with their apology gift though it should still be preferred to have a functioning server. And yes, the one legendary I was hoping we'd be able to catch is one we'll be getting! I'll be sure to get an Articuno at some point!

i didn't know 20,000 people even still played POKÉMON GO?
*chuckles* same.

Vexen_IV

K, can you all stop arguing about this? Does it matter?

It kind of does matter when you go about wrongly blaming an entity for something that they weren't involved with in the slightest.

Not once in the case that I linked did anyone with more than a child's comprehension level blame Valve for how horrendous of a tournament "Gamers Paradise" was. All the blame was rightfully placed onto the company and people in charge of said company that put that shit show together.

wonderful_whismur

The most wonderful whismur in the world
I just saw on the Verge that all attendees had a Lugia added to their account. I don't play this game but that sounds like something good!

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Like, is it only within 48 hours we can get them - or can we just run into them anytime now as a raid, without a time limit?

We need better details than this.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Like, is it only within 48 hours we can get them - or can we just run into them anytime now as a raid, without a time limit?

We need better details than this.
This is actually a question I've been asking myself. There were rumors that's how it would be, but Niantic is doing everything on a whim after the Go Fest disaster. I'd say just don't be surprised if they both disappear within the next couple of days. Which would suck, since I'm still missing Articuno.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
This is actually a question I've been asking myself. There were rumors that's how it would be, but Niantic is doing everything on a whim after the Go Fest disaster. I'd say just don't be surprised if they both disappear within the next couple of days. Which would suck, since I'm still missing Articuno.

I honestly hope that's not the case. My roommate and I are close to a lot of gyms so her and I have been checking our Pokemon Go regularly cause we're not going to go blindly looking for Raids. It'd be such a waste of our day.

TheHammer

Aspiring Trainer
No. Nothing fraudulent happened her
Just because nother fraudulent happened doesn't mean the couldn't be financially responsible for costs people paid to attend this event. If their is enough circumstancial evidence that Niantic didn't do what was necessary to make sure that the event could actually take place (which it certainly doesn't seem like they did) then they could be held financially responsible for covering peoples costs to attend.

dollyholly

Aspiring Trainer
How about since last Friday, I can't log in past the age verification screen to play it via logging in through Google, but my Trainer account works fine if I wanted to start one? UGH. Imagine how mad I would be if I had gone to this AND couldn't log into my account.

Vexen_IV

Anyone else smell a lawsuit?

Just because nother fraudulent happened doesn't mean the couldn't be financially responsible for costs people paid to attend this event. If their is enough circumstancial evidence that Niantic didn't do what was necessary to make sure that the event could actually take place (which it certainly doesn't seem like they did) then they could be held financially responsible for covering peoples costs to attend.

Everyone that showed up received a refund and $100 in pokecoins, while I can imagine that attendants are still upset, but if anyone tried to sue, a judge would toss the case out.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
wait! Lugia is Water-type in Poke GO?! Niantic messed up everything. Hey, Niantic, Lugia is Psychic/Flying
EDIT: Nevermind

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Man. Magikarp Jump is probably getting more positive reviews than Pokémon GO now...
Excellent work Niantic b ^-^ d