News Pokemon GO Fest 'A Complete Disaster'

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I'm not surprised. I actually expected this to happen since it happened each time TPC/i did anything involving server usage.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Could the negative reception and Niantic’s poor handling of the event mean this will be the first and last Pokemon GO event? Or will Niantic learn from their mistakes and will fans forgive them?

I bet a mix of both: The fans will never forgive them, but Ninantic will keep playing the events - and given how slow they develop, it will take a year to stabilize. Then many fan might just forget how bad they were, and keep playing, just because "Legendz" :p

crystal_pidgeot

TPCI is not in control of this event. Niantic is

TPC/i still oversees what they do with the IP, so they are responsible for it. This has happened even with the Pokemon Transfer Tool and Pokemon Bank, each release. It still perplexes me how (considering this has been a problem many times before) this is still a problem given the size of their user base.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Sure am sad to hear it turned into Dashcon 2

Honestly sometimes I wonder if Niantic even understands Pokemon lol.
I'm not too fond of "Pokemon Go" fans on the side of the Pokemon Fandom. You don't see all this booing, entitlement, and attitude from people who play more than just Go.

Pokeprinxe

I HAVE A CUBONE TATTOOED ON MY FACE.
Welp... Now I don't feel as bad for not being able to attend. Poor people.

Darkrye

Aspiring Trainer
TPC/i still oversees what they do with the IP, so they are responsible for it. This has happened even with the Pokemon Transfer Tool and Pokemon Bank, each release. It still perplexes me how (considering this has been a problem many times before) this is still a problem given the size of their user base.

Once again, not connected. This is 100% on Niantic for mishandling the event. TPCi has nothing to do with this mess, so please don't continue to insist otherwise.

uncleyuri

~
Once again, not connected. This is 100% on Niantic for mishandling the event. TPCi has nothing to do with this mess, so please don't continue to insist otherwise.

The product is pokemon correct? I'm not imagining I'm catching pokemon when I play the game right ? They are connected. It's just as much their mess.

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
That sucks. I hope they learn from this.
I would think 10,000 is too much, 20,000? seriously? There is no amount of motivation that'll allow 20,000 people to be accommodated for an event like this.
You might as well call it woodstock and play music all day.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
The product is pokemon correct? I'm not imagining I'm catching pokemon when I play the game right ? They are connected. It's just as much their mess.
Just like how Tony Hawk is at fault for how terrible Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 was, right?

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
That sucks. I hope they learn from this.
I would think 10,000 is too much, 20,000? seriously? There is no amount of motivation that'll allow 20,000 people to be accommodated for an event like this.
You might as well call it woodstock and play music all day.
You never want a Pokémon event to ever get as bad as Woodstock did. Maybe the topless fans thats pushing it but really Woodstock? Just don't...

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region

I'm not too fond of "Pokemon Go" fans on the side of the Pokemon Fandom. You don't see all this booing, entitlement, and attitude from people who play more than just Go.
Not that similar to Dashcon. That was an outright scam and those scammed walked right into it. This is more like Fyre Festival, just on a lower scale.

Also that last statement I disagree with. The Pokemon fanbase is one of the most entitled collective. No playable Pokemon cards? Complain. No Sinnoh remakes/Switch game? Complain. The list goes on. But I can admire that we never leave it since we love it so much.

endpawn

Aspiring Trainer

What other pokemon games suffer from this kind of failure? If you traveled to Pokemon TCG worlds and it took you hours to get into the event after the games have started and then when you got there the judges jumped up on the table and started rolling around and throwing your cards around the room the response would probably be booing, attitude and whatever you think the word "entitlement" means.

crystal_pidgeot

Well I'm looking forward to that update with Assault Rifles then. I mean, they can do it, since Pokemon isn't connected to it or anything.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
They utilize pokemon branding, but the event is only a mess because niantic is bad at planning.

TCPI has a copyright on the concept of pokemon, but they didn't plan the event.